+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

I've seen this elsewhere and think the nickname fits: Zinger the Ringer. Seriously, what does Derek have on the producers that he always makes out? Even Julianne and Mark have had partners that have made them work. They're already going to bore me. I'm not a big fan of the VW to begin with, but something about her either screams really b****y or like she's going to be another Mya-she'll be able to dance, but not back it up with personality or entertainment.

Of course her partner is the professional camera mugger of the show. He did seem tame tonight but I hope he doesn't spend all season defending her abilities (and I hope he stays tame). Admit she's a ringer Derek and be proud of it. You'll get another one next season, so rub it in everyone's faces.

Unless something happens, I predict final 3 for this couple, possibly a win. It was so nice having a Hough/Ballas final 3 last season, but I guess I won't get lucky twice in a row.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3856806;
    I don't dislike Derek like I do other pros, I'm just tired of him. He's never had anywhere close to a bad partner that he really had to work on, and I feel like he is the Golden Boy of the judges and the producers who can do no wrong. Last season, Len blasted Dmitry/Mya for having too many gimmicks in their routines, but Derek swung down from a rope for either their jive or salsa and that doesn't count as a gimmick? And that was the other thing, he and Joanna had about every sexy latin number that they could possibly get as many skimpy outfits in for I think the first 5-6 weeks. And his routines just seem repetitive. I just feel like when it comes to Derek, they hold him to a different standard than the other pros. He's a great dancer, probably one of the top 3 on the show, but choreography wise, I think he's lacking and he didn't seem to lose gracefully last season. And this season, they couldn't even give him Shannen or Pamela, they give him the freaking ringer! I wouldn't wish Kate on him, simply because I know we'd be sure she'd be around a lot longer than she will be with Tony.

I am hopeful that, ringer issues aside, that enough of the other couples step it up and emerge as strong contenders so it doesn't become a boring two person race between Evan/Anna and Nicole/Derek for the trophy. No one really knows how the rest will do, and I think pretty much the majority are going to give those two a run for their money.

Maybe he's just good enough an instructor that he makes his "bad" partners look good.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tank;3860781;
    Maybe he's just good enough an instructor that he makes his "bad" partners look good.
    Derek is a good teacher ( I believe), a great dancer, and a fabulous choreographer. However, he seems always to get potential to work with when others do not.

This gal started off as a dancer. He is a dancer.
    This is like Dimitri and Mya last season. 1 plus 1 equals 2.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Tank;3860781;
    That's what I personally think. I don't think Jennie Garth was all that great at first. I think Derek is a fabulous teacher that not only gives great routines but also really works on details of a performance--arm placement and such. I also thought Shannon wasn't that great to start with until he worked with her awhile. She was gangly and IMO didn't move that gracefully. How would they know that Brooke would be good? Yes, she's pretty to look at, but they might have meant for her to be his not-as-good dancer, just like lots of models before her that couldn't dance at all and got booted very early. As much as I love Alec Mazo I don't think he's that good of a teacher. I actually love his routines and think he's a good choreographer but I think Derek is a better teacher.

To me, she's too much of a ringer. Too much like Mya and Sabrina.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3860851;
    Derek is a good teacher ( I believe), a great dancer, and a fabulous choreographer. However, he seems always to get potential to work with when others do not.

This gal started off as a dancer. He is a dancer.
    This is like Dimitri and Mya last season. 1 plus 1 equals 2.
    It's funny, because something about the votes and comments towards Derek/Nicole seemed odd last night. First, Len's comments seemed like a very toned down rant that he shouted at Dmitry for Mya's VW last season, which he only gave a 5. Second, CA and Bruno gave it a 9 whereas Len gave it a 7, but CA and Bruno didn't overly protest like they normally do when they do the 2 against 1. I just have a feeling, to downplay the ringer issue and not make it so predictable of having Nicole/Derek at the top each week, they're going to have Len be the stick in the mud. And maybe he's really being sincere and judging her based on where she thinks she should be. Could be he finally got his head out of Derek's behind, though I doubt it. I know next week, they're already going to rave about Nicole's jive and I doubt she'll score any lower than an 8 but probably 9s. I hate seeing scores like that so early.

And I don't think it's saying a lot when Jennie and Shannon are your worst. They're like Erin Andrews, or Laila Ali. They can learn and have the potential there and don't drag all over the floor. Give him any of Tony or Jonathan's past partners not named Stacy Keibler or Melissa Rycroft and if Derek could turn any of the rest into good, solid dancers, then I'd withhold any sort of criticism forever. The fact that the show doesn't give him those types makes me wonder if they really have faith in him.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3860993;
    And I don't think it's saying a lot when Jennie and Shannon are your worst. They're like Erin Andrews, or Laila Ali. They can learn and have the potential there and don't drag all over the floor. Give him any of Tony or Jonathan's past partners not named Stacy Keibler or Melissa Rycroft and if Derek could turn any of the rest into good, solid dancers, then I'd withhold any sort of criticism forever. The fact that the show doesn't give him those types makes me wonder if they really have faith in him.
    What the fact that they don't give him those types make me believe is that they think Derek is ratings draw with young viewers, which he probably is, and he holds that over their heads by saying he won't return unless he gets a partner with potential to win.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I never heard of Nicole before this show, but only have to see 5 seconds of one of her old music videos to know she is way over qualified for this show. Producers need new rule: anyone that has been in a music video--either singing or dancing--is disqualified. (Pam A. has been in some music videos too...but I think mainly as eye candy.)

If they paired Nicole with the new Pro, this might be a lot less annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3861905;
    I never heard of Nicole before this show, but only have to see 5 seconds of one of her old music videos to know she is way over qualified for this show. Producers need new rule: anyone that has been in a music video--either singing or dancing--is disqualified. (Pam A. has been in some music videos too...but I think mainly as eye candy.)

If they paired Nicole with the new Pro, this might be a lot less annoying.
    That would be a ridiculous amount of people that would become disqualified. Anyone like Nicole that has been apart of pop music as a single performer or group is going to have to dance and learn choreography. That's why I don't see what the big deal is with Nicole, she no different than Joey Fatone, Mel B., R&B Mario, Lil Kim or Sabrina Bryan. I understood and could see what people found wrong with Mya since she was a dancer turned singer. But these people that I mentioned are mainly singers who had to learn choreography.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3861976;
    That would be a ridiculous amount of people that would become disqualified. Anyone like Nicole that has been apart of pop music as a single performer or group is going to have to dance and learn choreography. That's why I don't see what the big deal is with Nicole, she no different than Joey Fatone, Mel B., R&B Mario, Lil Kim or Sabrina Bryan. I understood and could see what people found wrong with Mya since she was a dancer turned singer. But these people that I mentioned are mainly singers who had to learn choreography.
    I agree. I never particularly liked the Pussycat Dolls, but I really don't have a problem with Nicole being on the show other than her being partnered with Derek. Mya was a professionally trained dancer and choreographer. She is the only contestant I have ever objected to basd on previous training.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread