+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Niecy Nash & Louis Van Amstel - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Niecy Nash & Louis Van Amstel - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3875968;
    I actually liked the dance and thought she did well for a week 4 dance. I think the subject matter was too heavy and it didn't translate as it should have. Her and Erin's dance both fell flat.

The rumba is a sensual dance, I thought, between a man and a woman. Although I thought the tribute to her brother was sweet, I didn't understand the connection between the tribute to her brother and a sensual rumba between Louis and her.

Maybe Niecy told Louis that at some point she would like to dedicate one of the dances to her brother, and this was the only one he could see working?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I won't miss Niecy if she were to go tonight, but it hasn't helped that she's had 3 slow paced routines in a row. Even though the rumba is a latin dance, it's still very slow and boring if not executed right, imo. I don't know if going for the heart strings two weeks in a row has helped translate well, either. Last week made sense but this week it seemed like a ploy.

Who is John Galt?

I didn't see the show yet, but cannot imagine a Rhumba between Niecy and Louis being in any way - sexy. A sexy dance dedicated to her brother and danced with a guy who isn't into women seems as far from sexy as it gets. Of course, this is just my opinion but the conditions do seem strange.

I think Niecy needs to find something else to poke fun at besides her jiggly parts and food. It's gotten old. I loved their outfits and lift in their dance, but overall she's getting to the point where she's grating to listen to. I don't think, dance wise, she's really improved that much. Most of her dance tonight, I thought was like Jake's, just a lot of standing, posing, and I don't really find putting humor in the AT a good thing. I think she's potentially in trouble tomorrow.

I liked Nicey's dance right up until the end. That really ruined it for me. I know she is a comedian, but I didn't think that was the dance to show case it.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I didn't really think her dance was an AT, just a lot of fooling around and trying to be funny. It's not always going to work in a serious, passionate dance. Now, maybe going that route will actually be a good thing, but I didn't get much joy out of it. I do want to mention one thing where the judges are concerned (the hot topic of the night): I think they should be required to give the couples good, meaningful constructive criticism. I feel like in some cases, they simply talk about the performance and base their marks on that if the technique is bad but they don't want to point it out. Other times they call a couple out on both. Tonight with a few people, I thought the remarks were all about the performance, but nothing about the actual dancing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456