+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Niecy Nash & Louis Van Amstel - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Niecy Nash & Louis Van Amstel - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3847316;
    Another one I have no clue who it is, but I hope Louis has as much fun as he did with Kelly with her. He and Kelly were so great together.
    So far he sounds like he's having a blast. I watched The Insider on Tuesday, and I have to say that's the most whacked out entertainment news show. They switch from one topic to the other that has nothing to do with the other in 2 seconds, bring people on for interviews, ask 2 questions and call it a wrap. Maybe it's always been like that. It's been awhile since I watched it.

They did surprise Niecy by having Louis come on. It seemed kind of awkward. I'm guessing this is another case where they think Louis will be the right balance for Niecy.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3848198;
    They did surprise Niecy by having Louis come on. It seemed kind of awkward. I'm guessing this is another case where they think Louis will be the right balance for Niecy.
    I love Niecy (I've pledged to watch at least the first week of this potential horror show just to see how she does), but they did sound like an awkward pair. He seems a little ... staid. And she is definitely not. But I'm glad to hear they're having fun. I'm excited to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3846766;
    I wonder if she'll keep guest hosting on The Insider.
    I haven't watched for a while, but when I last watched regularly ( as with all the entertainment shows their flair for the over-dramatic wore on me after a short while) she was on almost every night.
    Niecy was on the panel this week. They showed rehearsal footage. But as things really heat up on DWTS, I'd guess she'll take a break from "The Insider".

FORT Newbie

Truly Comedic Pair. I Look Forward To Their Performances.

FORT Fogey

Niecy is one of my favorites from Reno 911. I hope she lasts awhile on DWTA!

it's a good cast this year. Lots of people I'll be tuning in for, and Niecy is one of them.

Bonnie Hunt and her fans are are pulling for Niecy. I'm sure she'll last awhile and provide lots of laughs.

LOVE her on Reno 911 and the movie! She's just hilarious to me. I hope she is one of the surprises this season and goes far.

If Niecy can shake it, I think she might be a good bet to last awhile. I do worry her larger than life personality and loud mouth (not dissing, just saying she is loud when she talks) might make her an earlier target for elimination, especially because I don't think she's the most well known among the cast. And if she can't dance, well, she doesn't have the Kelly Osbourne backstory.

I'm just glad Louis is back again This is one couple I don't think I've heard a peep out of since the cast/pair reveal.

karalott, they've shown rehearsal footage, and Louis was on "The Insider" with Niecy shortly after the pairing announcements. btw I get what you're saying about her loudness, squealing, etc. If she can dance and is funny/likeable I think she will last. But a little bit of her does go a long way sometimes. She's going to be on Bonnie Hunt show today.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3860158;
    karalott, they've shown rehearsal footage, and Louis was on "The Insider" with Niecy shortly after the pairing announcements. btw I get what you're saying about her loudness, squealing, etc. If she can dance and is funny/likeable I think she will last. But a little bit of her does go a long way sometimes. She's going to be on Bonnie Hunt show today.
    I saw that bit on The Insider but haven't really seen much else. I know rehearsal footage and different interviews have popped up so I might have just overlooked them. This seems so far to be a pre-show version of Dancing with Kate, Jake, Evan, and Erin, as they're the only ones I've heard anything at length about, and Erin more so because of her stalker mess. But it has me excited because with the exception of less than a handful, everyone's kind of going in with no expectations on their shoulders. They might totally shock everyone or make everyone cringe. Niecy does have a great sense of humor, and Louis is one pro I don't underestimate. This is his 6th season, and in 3 previous seasons he finished 3rd/4th so he's done quite well, probably all with partners no one expected to be there in the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast