+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3867187;
    Wonder what the demographic is for voters? Mainly women or is it an equal combination of men & women? Maybe the women are not voting for her because of her being perceived as purely a sex symbol or could it be that her pro is an unknown so does not have a fan base to help garner votes like Cheryl, Max, Chelsea, Tony, Edyta, Anna, Louie, Ashley. I must admit I did not vote this last time but if I had Pam would have gotten a vote from me because her dance was very entertaining. Like Carrie Anne said since she was last so we waited all night with anticipation to see her dance and she did not disappoint. This next week the judges challenged the couples to tell a story and her pro has already been doing that for each of her dances. I would like to know more about him and his background, it would be nice if they did a snipit of any new pros they add to introduce them to the audience.
    Obviously I do think a pro can help/hinder a celeb's chances, especially if they're a newbie coming in 10 seasons later when the other pros have been on nearly every season since the beginning. A lot of Dmitry fans seemed to have it out for Damian because they felt he stole his spot. So that could be working against him; people may not want to vote for Pamela because of Damian. Dmitry, Lacey, and Chelsie all had their SYTYCD fanbases coming in with them. Derek and Mark had Julianne's popularity. The only other new pros that have joined since season 5 were one show wonders and either didn't do well or didn't seem to mesh with the audience. I said before the season started that I wondered if Damian would hurt Pam's chances. I really like the guy and think they're a great duo together. But if anything, I'll stand by my opinion that people either remember the Tommy Lee era Pamela or don't go for her schtick.

I don't usually vote on these shows... but I learned my lesson last night. Pam needs people like me!!! Don't worry Pam I'll have your back next week.
    I cast my votes for Aiden/Edyta and felt like I did my patriotic duty! Of course I got really nervous towards the end for Erin/Maks, since I split votes between them. But vote, vote, vote! I think Pamela being in the bottom 2 was probably as big a shock this show has seen in the first elimination.

I like Pam, and if I had had a chance to watch the performances in time to vote, I would have voted for her. I don't mind when she plays up the sex-kitten angle. I think that's fun. What I don't like, as I mentioned in my previous post, is when it looks like she's in some sort of altered state that makes me embarrassed for her (or maybe it's more that I feel sorry for her then). As for the party-girl, sex-kitten antics, bring them on!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3867350;
    No, you misunderstand me - it's not Pam's age, it's her whole image that's tired. Buzz is a cute old geezer, his dancing is like watching the grandpa of the bride boogeying on the floor after a couple of drinks. Pam isn't cute or endearing, and she's been out of the public eye for a while except for when TMZ catches her stumbling out of a club or involved in some weird PETA thing. She was an interesting trainwreck back in the Tommy Lee or even Kid Rock days, and had her moment as the It Girl, but now...meh. The male demographic that might be inclined to vote for her, say ages 30-50, isn't DWTS's target audience, and females that age would be more likely to throw their votes elsewhere.

And admittedly...it IS more fun to see Kate look ridiculous than to see Pam's sex kittencougar act.
    I get your point, but whether Pam is in the public eye or not, everyone knows who she is. Looking at the cast of participants this season, there were Pam, Kate, Buzz, Jake, Shannon that I didn't have to google to find out who they were.

But as already stated Pam has a fan base and is still very recognizable but the folks she would call her fans probably aren't watching this show and/or voting for her.

And we can't forget how this show has helped resurrect careers and change people's perception of someone. I've always known that Pam is not who she presents herself to be, and I hope this show gives others the opportunity to see that the Sex Cougar is just an act and not her true personality.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3867821;
    I like Pam, and if I had had a chance to watch the performances in time to vote, I would have voted for her. I don't mind when she plays up the sex-kitten angle. I think that's fun. What I don't like, as I mentioned in my previous post, is when it looks like she's in some sort of altered state that makes me embarrassed for her (or maybe it's more that I feel sorry for her then). As for the party-girl, sex-kitten antics, bring them on!
    She looks like she is in an altered state and also as if she is doing some sort of post-coital undulation dance. She's entertaining to watch, doesn't appear to take herself too seriously ("I think you've seen all sides of Pamela Anderson) and the bottom two ranking may have been the wake-up call several posters have mentioned to up their game and throw a few votes her way. While men may watch Pamela Anderson, I don't think they are necessarily voting for her. My DH was appalled that I was actually casting votes on Monday night.

OH PUH-LEASEEE!!!

The editors or whatever PURPOSELY place her last, and put her in bottom two to draw in viewers...lets face it, they want to milk Pamela for all she's worth, and if they put her in the bottom two, people will stay and watch the results till the end to see if she goes or not...same reason why she was place last for her performance so people will continue to watch till she performs...

They are milking her for all she's worth, it was obvious she wasn't going to get eliminated lol

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3868469;
    OH PUH-LEASEEE!!!

The editors or whatever PURPOSELY place her last, and put her in bottom two to draw in viewers...lets face it, they want to milk Pamela for all she's worth, and if they put her in the bottom two, people will stay and watch the results till the end to see if she goes or not...same reason why she was place last for her performance so people will continue to watch till she performs...

They are milking her for all she's worth, it was obvious she wasn't going to get eliminated lol
    Editors (or directors, or producers) don't place people in the bottom 2.

This show does its share of lying, true, and definitely manipulates call out order, judge comments and scores, VT segments which mess with home viewers minds and skew voting, etc... but I think one thing they've been fairly clear and straight about is that the declared "bottom 2" ARE indeed the 2 with the lowest score/home vote combination. How they got that way may be at issue, but it isn't totally made up on the spot.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3868479;
    Editors (or directors, or producers) don't place people in the bottom 2.

This show does its share of lying, true, and definitely manipulates call out order, judge comments and scores, VT segments which mess with home viewers minds and skew voting, etc... but I think one thing they've been fairly clear and straight about is that the declared "bottom 2" ARE indeed the 2 with the lowest score/home vote combination. How they got that way may be at issue, but it isn't totally made up on the spot.
    I think the confusion comes from the fact that (and I don't remember the exact wording,) but some weeks they say that one of the bottom two may not have actually received the lowest number of votes. Then other weeks they say that the bottom two actually were the bottom two. (I'm probably making this less clear than it should be!) That way they can put someone in the bottom just for dramatic effect. Last year I think they did that one week for Melissa and Tony. That also tends to energize the voters.
    You have to listen to how Tom Bergeron words it on that night. I don't remember how he worded it Tuesday, but I think they were actually bottom two.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3868561;
    You have to listen to how Tom Bergeron words it on that night. I don't remember how he worded it Tuesday, but I think they were actually bottom two.
    You are correct - he did say they were bottom two, not may be bottom two.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3868715;
    You are correct - he did say they were bottom two, not may be bottom two.
    When Tom says something like, "Joining them in the bottom two" instead of "Also receiving the lowest number of votes," there is a distinct possibility that they went up the line and grabbed somebody for a little drama. However, there are times when the definitely specifies that both couples "are in the bottom two."

Tom is not above hyping, but he sounded truly shocked in his tweet the other day concerning the bottom two. One of the entertainment outlets (I've forgotten which one) called Conrad up and raked him over the coals about the fix being on (in?) for Kate - I guess just to keep him honest.
    If he did have any intentions of jockeying her votes, I suspect he might think twice now since everyone is eagle-eyeing him!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I was never a fan of Pamela nor will I ever be. Hopefully, this week will be her last because she makes me want to turn off my TV set.

+ Reply to Thread