+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Re: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3867187;
    Wonder what the demographic is for voters? Mainly women or is it an equal combination of men & women?
    I don't know if the skew is different for voters, but for viewers overall, I believe DWTS' viewership seriously leans towards female.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3867200;
    I think Pam's just not as fascinating to the public as she used to be, whereas Kate Gosselin, as repulsive as she may be, generates a lot of interest. Pam's whole schtick is dated - once you pass 40, being a B-list celebrity (and a former A-list groupie) doesn't work.
    For the purposes of this show it doesn't matter if you're an A to D-List star, or even a star at all.

I don't think it's because she's not fascinating, because she still is, Kate is repulsive and the internet buzz right now has been about voting for Kate to see her make a fool out of herself week after week.

Buzz is way past 40 and still has a huge following - interesting that his demographic is voting but Pam's, not so much.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3867270;
    For the purposes of this show it doesn't matter if you're an A to D-List star, or even a star at all.

I don't think it's because she's not fascinating, because she still is, Kate is repulsive and the internet buzz right now has been about voting for Kate to see her make a fool out of herself week after week.

Buzz is way past 40 and still has a huge following - interesting that his demographic is voting but Pam's, not so much.
    Also, the different fanbases may or may not be inclined to vote. I love the show, but while I'm not a fan, per se, my preferences over the years have been "stars" along the lines of Pamela or Steve-O (that's right - I liked Steve-O) or Mel B. while I truly don't care for the likes of Kate or Marie Osmond or either of the Melissas. And I just don't vote, so my slightly off the beaten-path favourites aren't benefiting from my watching, while the figurative middle-America votes in organized droves for my least favourites.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Not sure I'd compare the fanbases of Buzz and Pam.
    Buzz, by virtue of his astronaut, etc. status, has a very big fanbase. Add to that lots of men and elderly voters who, more than likely, voted for him.
    I don't think Pam can begin to compete with that fanbase. A shame, because she did do a really good job and I find her entertaining.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3867270;

No, you misunderstand me - it's not Pam's age, it's her whole image that's tired. Buzz is a cute old geezer, his dancing is like watching the grandpa of the bride boogeying on the floor after a couple of drinks. Pam isn't cute or endearing, and she's been out of the public eye for a while except for when TMZ catches her stumbling out of a club or involved in some weird PETA thing. She was an interesting trainwreck back in the Tommy Lee or even Kid Rock days, and had her moment as the It Girl, but now...meh. The male demographic that might be inclined to vote for her, say ages 30-50, isn't DWTS's target audience, and females that age would be more likely to throw their votes elsewhere.

And admittedly...it IS more fun to see Kate look ridiculous than to see Pam's sex kittencougar act.
    Last edited by AJane; 03-31-2010 at 03:59 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

On Howard Stern's show today he said that Pam makes faces and has a nervous twitch. I guess I noticed it after watching her routine a second time. Do you think girls are envious of her? I think it is her personal life that a lot of people don't like.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3867371;
    On Howard Stern's show today he said that Pam makes faces and has a nervous twitch. I guess I noticed it after watching her routine a second time. Do you think girls are envious of her? I think it is her personal life that a lot of people don't like.
    Well, I sure wouldn't mind having her figure, and at one time, like 15-20 years ago, maybe her lifestyle. But now, I would have more respect for her if she was aging a little more gracefully. I guess she's trying to emulate Brigette Bardot, but at this point, it's hard to take Pam seriously.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3867398;
    Well, I sure wouldn't mind having her figure, and at one time, like 15-20 years ago, maybe her lifestyle. But now, I would have more respect for her if she was aging a little more gracefully. I guess she's trying to emulate Brigette Bardot, but at this point, it's hard to take Pam seriously .
    Of course not! She's entertaining us, and I think she and Niecy are doing a great job of that. I think the two of them are just acting out parts, and we aren't seeing the real Pam and Niecy.

So far, Pam has played character parts. Monday night she did a pretty good job of playing the dumb blond bombshell of the 50s and early 60s (Marilyn Monroe era).

I had never seen Niecy before, but I see comedien every time I watch her. She sings and acts while she is dancing. I have never seen anyone do that. I am laughing at her all the while, but I know she is playing a role in hamming it up like that. I don't take all that as a serious person.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3867414;
    Of course not! She's entertaining us, and I think she and Niecy are doing a great job of that. I think the two of them are just acting out parts, and we aren't seeing the real Pam and Niecy.

So far, Pam has played character parts. Monday night she did a pretty good job of playing the dumb blond bombshell of the 50s and early 60s (Marilyn Monroe era).

I had never seen Niecy before, but I see comedien every time I watch her. She sings and acts while she is dancing. I have never seen anyone do that. I am laughing at her all the while, but I know she is playing a role in hamming it up like that. I don't take all that as a serious person.
    I agree. In fact I read several years ago an interview with Pam talking about her kids being her priority. Not your typical soccer mom, but a mom who loves her family. That's her life.
    Then there's the part she playing. What's wrong with someone her age playing the ditsy, gorgeous blonde bombshell? I think she pulls it off with ease. More power to her!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3867515;
    I agree. In fact I read several years ago an interview with Pam talking about her kids being her priority. Not your typical soccer mom, but a mom who loves her family. That's her life.
    Then there's the part she playing. What's wrong with someone her age playing the ditsy, gorgeous blonde bombshell? I think she pulls it off with ease. More power to her!
    The problem is, as AJane pointed out, to the average DWTS, it may get old really fast. It has for me, and I'm not really going crazy like the judges that they're more enamored with her sex appeal than anything else. We're not seeing anything about Pamela that we haven't already seen or known. Is she still going to be playing the ditzy blonde bombshell sex symbol act when she's 70? That's really all she has going for. It will probably get old with the DWTS audience, if it hasn't already, no matter how good she is, and I wouldn't be surprised if her past maybe has something to do with her not jelling with the crowd. I'm already tired of hearing Niecy work in any food or hunger related references in her bits. Everyone else just seems to be being themselves.

+ Reply to Thread