+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Re: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3845549;
    TMZ is saying that Kate has the basement of her new house converted into a dance studio, at her own expense. The funny part is that the article then goes on to say that Kate said she is doing DWTS "because she is a single mom trying to make money".

Hey Kate, how about not spending money rconverting your basement and save that money?

Kate Gosselin - 'Dancing in the Basement' | TMZ.com
    The article says that DWTS is footing the bill which is probably one of the enticements they used to get her to do the show.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3845562;
    The article says that DWTS is footing the bill which is probably one of the enticements they used to get her to do the show.
    They updated the article. When I read it the first time it said she was footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by catzy;3845573;
    They updated the article. When I read it the first time it said she was footing the bill.
    Ahh, I thought that might be the case.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Well whoever the Bachelor chose better watch out cuz Chelsie is a super hottie.

FORT Newbie

I am so happy with the Erin/Maks pairing. I saw that video too and they looked great. I am in agreement with how about giving Derek someone different and yeah to the AnnaT and Evan pairing. I find this season more even than some of the others. But I probably should wait until they at least dance.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;3845769;
    Well whoever the Bachelor chose better watch out cuz Chelsie is a super hottie.
    Well I sincerely hope that when she works with Jake, super hottie Chelsie has a little of that miracle workin' going on that Louis had with Kelly last year because - bless his heart, -as nice looking as he is, Jake just wasn't Patrick Swayze when he tried to dance on The Bachelor.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3845460;
    Ok, I just gotta say the pairings ABSOLUTELY SUCK!!!

. . .That douche Jake with Chelsie!!??!!? Evan with Anna T?? Ok Evan I can sorta live with that, but the other two??

I want Maks and Jake off my screen ASAP, . . . I'm so confused!!
    TVDude, you crack me up.
    I bet you would go into cardiac arrest if JAKE was paired with JULIANNE, huh?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I miss his avvie of Chuck/Julianne where Chuck was blacked out With it being the 10th season, it'd be great if Julianne came back at least for pro dances. I'd love to see her come back and dance with Apolo. I wonder if the show has anything special planned like they did when the show reached it's 100th episode.

I'm pretty content with the pairings. I might have shuffled around Cheryl/Ashly/Chelsie but I can live with them I guess. I don't expect Jake to go anywhere anytime soon, but seeing interviews of him today, he seems 100% phony. I bet his relationship is already over with what's her name. But Trista came on the first season of DWTS not long after her season/wedding so maybe there's hope. But I love Chelsie, so it's one of those torn situations for me. Anyone heard anything about the dances this season? Wikipedia had at one time had 3 new dances listed (merengue, American Smooth, and Rock n Roll-). SCD had Rock n Roll last season which I think was more just themed around the 50's and nothing else. I haven't heard anything, but I'm hoping there's no dance offs (especially them having to learn a brand new dance for it), and that they cut way back on all the group/team dances. Especially where the judges score them. That stupid mambo marathon was the biggest free gimme for Derek/Joanna.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3845514;
    From what I remember when Tony was paired with Susan, since she needed to be in NYC for AMC and he wanted to be home as much as possible since his wife just had their twins-they would leave either Tues. night or Wed. morning on the Red Eye from LA, and would be back in LA on Sat. Rehearsals and blocking start taking place Sunday, which is why I think Kate would be home 2-3 days tops. And that's not mentioning the toll flying back and forth and the time zone change. Also, the show has strict rules about not practicing outside the studios or when the cameras are not there. So it's not like Tony/Kate could just be practicing whenever they feel like and whenever her kids aren't around (and she might be able to film in her home if she has permission). I'm surprised TLC gave the go ahead for this and wonder how often we'll be seeing Kate's kids plucked in front of the camera, how much of Kate screeching we'll be seeing about making sure the camera men get all the good shots and her kids keep smiles on their faces. If Kate acts up around her kids and pulls the crap she got so infamous for, I can't see Tony liking that very much.

I obviously blame ABC more for feeling the need to shove Derek down our throats, but I guess if you're a fan, you won't see it that way I think Derek needs someone on the level of Kate Gosselin, or even MJH or Debi Mazar that he actually has to work on and with, and who's going to provide a challenge to him, dance wise. I do agree he's probably one of the best dancers; that I've never disputed, and I'd probably rank him #2 on the men's side behind Louis. I loved watching him and Julianne in pro dances. Choreography wise I used to think he was top notch. But his choreography with Joanna was seeming repetitive to Brooke, Lil Kim, and Shannon (give the pretty girl a skimpy costume, have her shake her booty in front of the judges, and voila, you get 10s). I just don't know why he's so above getting someone controversial or who they know can't dance just by looking at them. Thankfully, this show is unpredictable, and I'm hoping Nicole won't have such an easy time to victory. Everyone else has to prove themselves, she will week 1 and has to keep moving up, but I'm still not looking forward to the judges fawning over her "sexiness" and how she keeps raising the bar for everyone.

I would switch the Tony/Kate and Derek/Nicole pairings, but I'm really happy with the other pairs. Especially Maks/Erin, Aiden/Edyta and Evan/Anna. Oddly enough, I kind of miss Karina

And someone had asked about Samantha leaving the show-I believe it was her own decision. Definitely sudden, but she said she had other things she wanted to pursue and had kind of moved up in the entertainment interviewing world (I guess ET is a step above The Insider )

Im really surprised that Kate Gosselin is doing Dancing with the Stars i mean i hope Tony can bring out the best in her and make her a good dancer cause He had luck with Melissa but the other pairings he has had has been stinker after stinker so who knows with her,then Cheryl getting Chad that was a surprise to me cause of her twitter she wanted to be paired with Evan but im glad that Anna gets the chance to shine with Evan cause i hope he makes a good dancer also Jake with Chelsie they cute together but what about the dancing she reminds me of Julianne in her choregraphy and when there is practice wow.Nicole and Derek wow i did not see that coming at all but this could be his year to win i have to see if she is a good dancer as she is a singer,Niecy adn Louie i hope it works out for them and Mark and Shannen as well i wonder what going to happen to Buzz and Ashley though

I am going to pm the mods first !
    Last edited by Love_Me; 03-03-2010 at 02:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread