+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Re: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3844921;
    Maks has tweeted that he loves his partner, thinks she's cool, and hopes he makes everyone proud this time. So unless he's being sarcastic, I don't think he got Kate. I wish Derek would get her, but the show has an infatuation that they can't bear to pair him with anyone even remotely close to her level. I bet he gets the ringer. I mean, it's not like he's never had one I saw a clip from Cameron Mathison on GMA from his DWTS days. The good ol'days. I really hope Edyta gets a contender, or at the very least gets someone she can have fun with and not another early out.

Kate Gosselin coming up on GMA. Her partner? Not Maks (thank God). But poor Tony What do Derek and Mark have on the show, and who's loved one did Tony kill to get on the producers bad side? I knew I wasn't lucky enough to have Derek or the newbie get Kate. So much for unpredictable pairings. If Cheryl gets Evan and Nicole gets Derek, this season already takes a huge dive for me.
    Say it ain't so! It's easy to skip someone's performance, but not so easy to visually block 1/2 of a dancing couple. I love Tony. It's sad, because he was so happy about pairing with Melissa--they were a joy to watch; I was hoping he'd get a good partner again (at least one that I could stand to watch).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3844929;
    Say it ain't so! It's easy to skip someone's performance, but not so easy to visually block 1/2 of a dancing couple. I love Tony. It's sad, because he was so happy about pairing with Melissa--they were a joy to watch; I was hoping he'd get a good partner again (at least one that I could stand to watch).
    I guess since they didn't have Jonathan this season they needed someone that had the absolute patience of a saint and who could make Kate feel good about herself and look on the bright side of things even though they both know they aren't going to get past the second elimination (that'll be an accomplishment in itself to make it that far). I liken it to the rumor about John Stamos/Karina being a future pair. Love him, don't like her. Same case here, except I'd rather have Karina as my breakfast/lunch/dinner guest every day for the rest of my life along with Aaron Carter than have to see one second of Kate. I'll consider it putting Tony out of his misery I guess

I have to say, I'll be disappointed if Evan or Nicole have an easy waltz to victory because of their experience/popularity. I think this season does have a lot of potential to be good, but it'll be really boring if they get by every week and wind up winning.

Here are the official pairings:
    Buzz Aldrin and Ashly DelGrosso-Costa (seriously show, you bring her back after 6 seasons after enduring Master P only to give her another obvious early boot). However, very, very excited to see Ashly back in the ballroom and hopefully she's back regularly now.
    Evan and Anna T. (now I have to root for the guy. Go Anna! You've earned it!)
    Aiden and Edyta (he reminds me a little of Cristian de la Fuente of season 6. My DWTS eye candy this season-and will be getting half my votes).
    Chad and Cheryl
    Jake and Chelsie
    Shannon and Mark (I'll say it again, could be the clash of the divas and the egos)
    Pamela and Damian Whitewood (eh, no opinion. I think Pamela could potentially turn into my Kelly Osbourne this season)
    Nicole and Derek (boring. And of course. Just have to give Derek a ringer. Must be in his contract. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be the "surprise" elimination. I can already hear the butt kissing now from the judges).
    Erin and Maks (dedicating all my votes to these two. that Maks has a partner with potential!)
    Kate and Tony (poor Tony)
    Niecy and Louis (am looking forward to these two, think Louis could do very well again this season)
    Last edited by karalott; 03-02-2010 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3844935;
    I guess since they didn't have Jonathan this season they needed someone that had the absolute patience of a saint and who could make Kate feel good about herself and look on the bright side of things even though they both know they aren't going to get past the second elimination (that'll be an accomplishment in itself to make it that far). I liken it to the rumor about John Stamos/Karina being a future pair. Love him, don't like her. Same case here, except I'd rather have Karina as my breakfast/lunch/dinner guest every day for the rest of my life along with Aaron Carter than have to see one second of Kate. I'll consider it putting Tony out of his misery I guess

Oh, to be a fly on Tony's breakfast nook wall, and in his conversations with Maks. I wonder what Tony's wife thinks of Kate. I expect Tony to be the perfect gentleman as usual, and say only positive things about Kate.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Here are the pairs...

Buzz - Ashley DelGrosso Costa
    Pam - Damian
    Erin - Maks
    Shannon - Mark
    Kate - Tony
    Evan - Anna
    Niecy - Louis
    Chad - Cheryl
    Jake - Chelsie
    Nicole - Derek
    Aiden - Edyta

I guessed Chelsie/Jake & Chad/Cheryl but some of the others are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3844940;

Oh, to be a fly on Tony's breakfast nook wall, and in his conversations with Maks. I wonder what Tony's wife thinks of Kate. I expect Tony to be the perfect gentleman as usual, and say only positive things about Kate.
    And you know even post-boot, Tony will still be the perfect gentleman and won't ever utter a bad word (publicly) about Kate. The show has to know that Maks, Mark, and Derek would definitely have been at their wits end by the show's premiere and maybe even Louis would lose it. So aside from the predictable pairing of Tony/Kate, Chelsie/Jake, and Derek/Nicole, I'm really excited about the rest. I would have bet anything Cheryl was going to get Evan, but am so, so happy that if he couldn't have gotten Edyta, he got Anna (kind of funny he got a Russian after the controversy involving Plushenko). I think Aiden and Edyta have the potential to make a steamy, sexy duo. Chad and Erin are my two wild cards who I think could possibly pull an upset. I can't argue too much that Cheryl, having already had Emmitt, will probably take Chad very, very far into the competition and if he's as good a guy as I've read and really dedicated to doing the show, he could do really well.

So pre show predictions, Kate and Buzz are the first two to go (hopefully in that order, and I feel horrible for Tony and especially Ashly but hopefully this won't be the last we see of her), I think Shannon and Niecy will potentially be early ousters as well. Evan and Nicole make the finals, though hopefully Derek doesn't win (it was nice not having a celebration centered around the pro last season where the celeb gets pushed to the side). Aiden, Chad, and Erin will probably be standing there in the end, as will Jake because you know ABC won't let one of their own go anytime soon, and those are the 4 I think stand a good chance of being in the finals. I think Shannon, despite having the 90210 and Charmed nostalgia factor, and being partnered with popular Mark, will go sooner rather than later. Pamela will probably go in the early-middle, if there's such a thing as that

I knew I had seen that Ashley was coming back! Glad I didn't give out bad info. Too bad she has Buzz though, she always seems to get the raw end of the deal as well. Glad that Anna T. got Evan, a lot of people are going to be happy with that. Also excited about Maks/Erin.

I'm very upset that Tony got Kate...I love Tony, I don't want him to go first! And Derek and Nicole? Good Lord he is going to get to the finals again this year, which is completely unfair. I can not stand the guy! I know he is good but they treat him like their golden child. At least he could be humble about it, but he just seems so arrogant, and that is the worst quality in the world.

I wonder if it hadn't been for Kym's contract/salary dispute if she would have been back over Ashly Only reason I doubted Ashly was returning was because all the reports I saw had Karina included in the cast, when it was already confirmed she wasn't returning. I am glad about Ashly, just wish she could have gotten someone else.

I'm really peeved over the whole Derek/Nicole pairing. It's bad enough the girl's got Mya ringer-ness to her. But why Derek? Does the show really think they need a Hough or Ballas in the finals every season? Was CA saying things wouldn't be predictable this time with the pairings her way of saying, hey Derek didn't make the finals last season, what's predictable about giving Derek a ringer and not someone he has to work with and the judges can't sugar coat or overlook his gimmicks? If there was a way to vote against people on this show, first it'd be Kate, then Nicole for me. Nothing against her personally, but I can't take a whole season of boasting, mugging, OTT antics, butt kissing judges, gimmicks, arrogance, and forgetting the show isn't about him and his BFF. At least I'm not the only one who feels ticked he got a ringer So if the small internet community who's in an uproar counts for anything, maybe that'll translate with the majority of voters as well.

Is that Anna Jonathan's wife, or the new Anna??
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Jonathan's wife, the spunky little red head

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3844977;
    Jonathan's wife, the spunky little red head
    Great!! Thanks - I was hoping it was her.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

+ Reply to Thread