+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3811410;
    Seriously?! Oh I never thought this day would come. Hmm, maybe there is truth to Paula taking over for her then.

Paula Abdul -- 'Dancing' Is Lucrative | TMZ.com

I posted this in the spoilers/speculation thread as it says Paula is being offered $1,000,000, a development deal with ABC, and the right to still work on The X-Factor on rival FOX. Maybe MFWalkoff was right that they were approaching her for this instead of as a contestant.

No, I will miss Samantha. Sort of. She provided great entertainment. But better Paula co-hosting (who's likely to be just as entertaining) than as a fourth judge or a contestants.
    This makes the Paula deal make a lot more sense. I just couldn't see them going through the drama of another "ringer" controversy by making her a contestant.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Samantha Harris - Co-host

Oh good God, Paula would be a dreadful replacement for Samantha, imo, and I really don't rate Samantha too highly.
    She seems to fit into the over-sensationalism of the Entertainment shows pretty well, but was always too stiff for my liking on DWTS, couldn't think on her feet and never seemed to have a great rapport with the contestants.
    I say bring back Drew
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3811560;
    I say bring back Drew
    Yes. That is all. Just yes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I don't know what the show can possibly do with Paula. No way would her colossal ego allow her to condescend to "interview" the contestants a la Samantha. Not that she'd ever be coherent enough to read the teleprompter... And if they put her at the judges' table, Len Goodman would strangle her before the end of the first show.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Someone on another site had a horrifying idea for Samantha's replacement-the toothy one from season 8 (paired with our own resident toothy Tony)

I don't know what the show can possibly do with Paula. No way would her colossal ego allow her to condescend to "interview" the contestants a la Samantha. Not that she'd ever be coherent enough to read the teleprompter... And if they put her at the judges' table, Len Goodman would strangle her before the end of the first show.
    I don't think Len would be the only one to strangle her. One minute she's right there, the next we cut back to the judges table and we're back to just the 3 Stooges. 4 judges is too many. I don't like it on Idol. I know international versions, including SCD, have 4 judges. But really, not having Len get a chance to have his say and CA and Bruno beat on him for disagreeing with them, or having Bruno get some chance to seduce some poor Mormon from Utah to come up and make out with him and dance around on the table...no, not even Paula could make up with that

Drew would get my vote Miss Piggy second, and none of the above after that. I hope they don't get Sabrina Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3811745;
    Someone on another site had a horrifying idea for Samantha's replacement-the toothy one from season 8 (paired with our own resident toothy Tony)

I don't think Len would be the only one to strangle her. One minute she's right there, the next we cut back to the judges table and we're back to just the 3 Stooges. 4 judges is too many. I don't like it on Idol. I know international versions, including SCD, have 4 judges. But really, not having Len get a chance to have his say and CA and Bruno beat on him for disagreeing with them, or having Bruno get some chance to seduce some poor Mormon from Utah to come up and make out with him and dance around on the table...no, not even Paula could make up with that

Drew would get my vote Miss Piggy second, and none of the above after that. I hope they don't get Sabrina Bryan.

Great post!!! Especially the bolded parts. Too funny! ABC is finally listening to our suggestions. A little late, but that's ok. I loved Drew when he co-hosted with Tom. I can't wait to see who they pick. Miss Piggy would be fine, too. Honestly, anyone but Sam. btw, who's the toothy one?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3811928;
    Great post!!! Especially the bolded parts. Too funny! ABC is finally listening to our suggestions. A little late, but that's ok. I loved Drew when he co-hosted with Tom. I can't wait to see who they pick. Miss Piggy would be fine, too. Honestly, anyone but Sam. btw, who's the toothy one?
    Thanks! And the toothy one I'm referring to is Melissa Rycroft. Sorry if you're a fan but she's about the last person I want to see every week.

I wonder if they care if the replacement is male or female. It would be cool to get a former contestant or even a pro. Since they're only doing 12 couples this season, obviously a few pros are going to get axed. Since I feel like the two Anna's are the most vulnerable to get the boot on the ladies side, it'd be a little consolation to get Anna T. every week as a co-host. For eye candy purposes, I'd also throw a vote to Gilles Who cares if he says anything. But when Drew subed for Samantha I thought he and Tom worked well together. And he's been there/done that and has great chemistry with the cast. I do wonder when it comes to Paula, would FOX be okay with her doing a show on another network? I know the X-Factor isn't supposed to start for another year. And a lot can happen in that time (personally, I don't see any type of development going anywhere for her and this co-hosting could just be temporary).

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3811745;
    Should that be the case, I might seriously have to consider not watching the show any more . The more I'm exposed to that mindless twit the less tolerance I have for her.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

As a host I was never a fan of her's. As a person though, she is very sweet and very down to earth. Several years back before the housing industry blew up, I worked for a large financial investment firm, and wrote her mortgage. I have written many mortgages for high net worth clients/well known people and she by far was one of the sweetest.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Drew is my first choice. I thought he did a great job when Samantha was on maternity leave. He's quick and seemed to work with Tom really well. Also as a former contestant lended something to that spot. I hope they don't think they need to replace that spot with a woman just because that's who has twice held the spot previously. I even like "The toothy one" but I don't want her as co-host either. Paula I can't imagine as co-host on this show. And NO, NO, NO on Sabrina. Can't stand her, couldn't stand her when she was on, hated that she came back last season.

If not Drew I don't know who I'd want. Someone mentioned Anna T. That would be ok with me. What about Ashli Delgrosso. There are those of us who remember her and wish she could come back. I don't know if she's too busy with her family.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast