+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

I thought for sure Melissa was going to get it, but I'm not entirely thrilled about Brooke, either. I guess I'll wait and give her a chance, but I also hope it's not a big Derek love fest backstage or turns into 'when I was a contestant...' in every interview.

Yay, this choice works for me. Brooke was the best choice of the officially named candidates. I will watch with an open mind and give her a chance - I won't even fast forward through the interviews. She doesn't seem as mind numbingly dumb as either Samantha or Melissa.

I think Brooke will do great when she doesn't have to deal with Derek trying to monopolize the interview process as he did when he was her partner. I think that the biggest reason that people thought she was a bore was that she couldn't get a word in edgewise over Mr. camera hog Derek.

I think she will get along famously with Tom. I'm sure he had a major say in this decision. I hope she has a great first season.

FORT Fan

Brooke isn't my first choice but I think she will do a decent job. I never fast forwarded Samantha so I think I can tolerate Brooke.

FORT Fogey

I can actually watch the show now. Brooke is more subdued than Melissa and Samantha, and I think that is a good thing. The show is not about them, it is about the dancing. I just hope that like said above Derek gets no more camera mugging time than he usually does.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3850543;
    I can actually watch the show now. Brooke is more subdued than Melissa and Samantha, and I think that is a good thing. The show is not about them, it is about the dancing. I just hope that like said above Derek gets no more camera mugging time than he usually does.
    People want to be entertained like they are with Tom, and with him it is supposed to be about the dancing as well. So, although I reluctantantly do so, I raise my hand and ask: "How long before we're irked and on Brook's case?"
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I didn't have a problem with Samantha. I know that many did.
    I don't dislike Brooke. I just find her incredibly dull, vapid and boring. I found her dancing that way, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

ITA, vapid and boring sums up Brooke for me too. She is better than Melissa or Mel B, but that's not saying much.

At this point, I would rather have Samantha back.

I'm tickled to death Brooke got the position. I loved her in the Wild On shows, Rock Star and winning Season 10 of DWTS. Added bonus that she's easy on the eyes.

I liked Brooke-even when she was paired with Derek, and that's saying something. I would probably rather have had Melissa or even Mel but Brooke's okay with me. One advantage is perhaps she'll be less controversial than either Mel or Melissa. I'm a "keep the peace" kind of person and I figure there's enough to divide us on the board once the show starts without worrying about the co-host!

I was thrilled when I heard that Harris was cut. I suspect her crude kissing comment was the final straw. I was almost as thrilled as I was when I heard Abdul was fired. I now watch American Idol again and will be able to want DWTS without using the Mute button.

I was hopeful that a woman equal to Bergeron in experience, skill, sense of humor, even age, could fill Harris' high heels. The only one I saw even close was Nancy O'Dell. Many people felt she would be perfect. I wasn't sold on Melissa; she simply doesn't have the resume or experience to co-host a major show.

So I don't know how Brooke Burke got the job. A person who won the ball versus a person who came third isn't a good enough reason if they lack the experience, personality, etc. Is she funny? Why can't we have a comedienne? (Kathy Griffin, don't even think about it!) Where are the witty women?

DWTS may be better off just cutting the position entirely. The post-dancing interviews are a complete waste of time. Bergeron can host a show by himself very well.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

+ Reply to Thread