+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Samantha Harris - Co-host

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3812207;
    Drew is my first choice. I thought he did a great job when Samantha was on maternity leave. He's quick and seemed to work with Tom really well. Also as a former contestant lended something to that spot. I hope they don't think they need to replace that spot with a woman just because that's who has twice held the spot previously. I even like "The toothy one" but I don't want her as co-host either. Paula I can't imagine as co-host on this show. And NO, NO, NO on Sabrina. Can't stand her, couldn't stand her when she was on, hated that she came back last season.

If not Drew I don't know who I'd want. Someone mentioned Anna T. That would be ok with me. What about Ashli Delgrosso. There are those of us who remember her and wish she could come back. I don't know if she's too busy with her family.
    Ashly would be a great choice and okay by me. I'd still love to see her be able to return as a pro one day. And I'll still always hold out hope that one of my all time favorites, season 1 runner-up Charlotte Jorgenson comes back. She mentioned that she asked to either judge or co-host after season 1 if she wasn't brought back as a pro. Not only is she very accomplished in the dancing world, so she'd know what she's talking about and maybe can get a few jabs in at the judges (who frankly don't seem to know what they're talking about 99% of the time), but she's also been on the other side of this show. Granted, season 1 is like a completely different show than it is now, but she'd still have that experience. Chances are the show will go with a familiar face, so if not Paula I'd bet on a former contestant/pro. If Louis or Jonathan wasn't brought back (as I'm guessing one of them won't make the cut against the other male pros), I'd even take them.

I just had another bad thought-Marissa Jaret Winokour. She's not hosting Dance Your Ass Off this season (Mel B is-too bad, as she'd be my 2nd choice behind Drew). I don't know if she's got something else going on but she does live in NYC, so I'm not sure she'd want to relocate her family for that length of time. Nancy O'Dell just left Access Hollywood, so I think she'd also be a great choice. In terms of Sabrina, I liked her during season 5. But she's become the most overhyped contestant this show has ever produced. I don't know if they're trying to make her believe that she's still the most robbed contestant ever or if they're trying to convince the audience. I'm sure she's chomping at the bit to get Samantha's job. The whole design a dance thing with her was a joke. The show loves her so much and thinks she was robbed I'm surprised they didn't bring her back as a contestant in another season or give her some stupid honorary trophy. So along with Sabrina, Smiley Rycroft, Cloris, the Woz, Marissa, and Lisa Rinna, I think I'm pretty good with anyone else. Paula I really wouldn't mind. She'd provide plenty of fodder for Tom at least

Woot!

I'd love Drew Lachey to come back as well. Even Miss Piggy will do. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3812029;
    Should that be the case, I might seriously have to consider not watching the show any more . The more I'm exposed to that mindless twit the less tolerance I have for her.
    That would do it for me too. I would no longer watch. I really do hope she is not one of the ones they're considering. Haven't we seen enough of her? After all, isn't she happily married to a Dallas insurance agent now?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3811982;
    Thanks! And the toothy one I'm referring to is Melissa Rycroft. Sorry if you're a fan but she's about the last person I want to see every week.
    I wonder if they care if the replacement is male or female. It would be cool to get a former contestant or even a pro. Since they're only doing 12 couples this season, obviously a few pros are going to get axed. Since I feel like the two Anna's are the most vulnerable to get the boot on the ladies side, it'd be a little consolation to get Anna T. every week as a co-host. For eye candy purposes, I'd also throw a vote to Gilles Who cares if he says anything. But when Drew subed for Samantha I thought he and Tom worked well together. And he's been there/done that and has great chemistry with the cast. I do wonder when it comes to Paula, would FOX be okay with her doing a show on another network? I know the X-Factor isn't supposed to start for another year. And a lot can happen in that time (personally, I don't see any type of development going anywhere for her and this co-hosting could just be temporary).
    I agree with this. It will ruin the show for me. I would give my vote to Drew Lachey also.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I think ABC has enough market research to know that Melissa would be too polarizing a figure to hire as co-host. They can't afford to divide the audience at this point.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3812604;
    I think ABC has enough market research to know that Melissa would be too polarizing a figure to hire as co-host. They can't afford to divide the audience at this point.
    I hope this is true.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Oh happy day! At long last, a Samantha free show!

Finally we can get backstage interviews which don't make our ears bleed and our brains fog up.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3812604;
    Hopefully you're right, though her fans don't see it that way:

‘Dancing With the Stars’: Fans lobby to replace Samantha Harris with Melissa Rycroft

Not that I ever cared about the backstage interviews to begin with, but if she were to ever set foot back there with a mic in her hand, I'd definitely be tuning out. Same on Tuesdays. Please show, just no. Her fans apparently took credit for her returning last season for the 2 second dance move when the Bee-Gees were on. Worst result of a petition drive if they really went that far.

Get Drew! Get Miss Piggy! Get Nancy, or Adam, or heck Donny/Marie! (hey, I'd enjoy them )

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3812881;
    Oh happy day! At long last, a Samantha free show!

Finally we can get backstage interviews which don't make our ears bleed and our brains fog up.

Thank you ABC! I think it should be Drew! So quick-witted and likeable. It'll be so nice to have hm banter a bit with the couples. I really wouldn't mind Melissa, but she's too polarizing, as someone mentioned already.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3811745;
    Someone on another site had a horrifying idea for Samantha's replacement-the toothy one from season 8 (paired with our own resident toothy Tony)

Oh gawd. I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3812925;
    heck Donny/Marie!

No, please, no no NO.
    Last edited by tango7; 01-31-2010 at 08:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread