+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Melissa did seem to have her atomic smile better controlled last night, so maybe she won't be so annoying. I think Samantha's job is harder than it looks. I'll be impressed if Melissa does well.

I absolutely HATE the way they strung viewers along without giving any names until the last minute. That was not cool. They could have given a few names at a time. Guess they were afraid people would hit the remote.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3845343;
    I absolutely HATE the way they strung viewers along without giving any names until the last minute. That was not cool. They could have given a few names at a time. Guess they were afraid people would hit the remote.
    Since I was trying to jot the names down, I too would have appreciated the process of giving a few at a time. Also the presentation itself would have been more pleasing as well as the tension would have heightened the drama if the names had been spread out rather than dumped rather unceremoniously all at one time.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Count me in as not being happy by how the reveal was done. I guess they were really desperate for people to stay tuned to TB (hey, I never watched this season so it's not like I'd really realize it was Jake's "most shocking decision ever"). Oh yeah, and they probably wanted people who had never heard of Jake to tune in and potentially want to root for him on the show Won't happen here. I see where the guy gets his dull as dishwater personality from, though, after seeing his family.

Anyway, it was absolutely pointless. Tom gave away 3 clues what, an hour in, and then the rest was done in a complete rush. And if that was Melissa's screen test, she does better on ET-and that's not saying much. She seemed like a deer caught in the headlights. If it's true about them not even doing scores backstage anymore, why do they need her? First Kate, now Melissa. Oh well, I don't expect much from her.

Everyone involved with the show is so excited about this season and predict it to be the best ever. But they can't always count on contestants coming across like they expected/hoped, viewers voting for who they want to stick around (I think it's a real insult to think people would tune in in droves to watch mommy Kate-and to see some of the pros have the same success as previous seasons while saying you're trying to keep things unpredictable).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3845383;
    Count me in as not being happy by how the reveal was done. I guess they were really desperate for people to stay tuned to TB (hey, I never watched this season so it's not like I'd really realize it was Jake's "most shocking decision ever"). Oh yeah, and they probably wanted people who had never heard of Jake to tune in and potentially want to root for him on the show Won't happen here. I see where the guy gets his dull as dishwater personality from, though, after seeing his family.

Anyway, it was absolutely pointless. Tom gave away 3 clues what, an hour in, and then the rest was done in a complete rush. And if that was Melissa's screen test, she does better on ET-and that's not saying much. She seemed like a deer caught in the headlights. If it's true about them not even doing scores backstage anymore, why do they need her? First Kate, now Melissa. Oh well, I don't expect much from her.

Everyone involved with the show is so excited about this season and predict it to be the best ever. But they can't always count on contestants coming across like they expected/hoped, viewers voting for who they want to stick around (I think it's a real insult to think people would tune in in droves to watch mommy Kate-and to see some of the pros have the same success as previous seasons while saying you're trying to keep things unpredictable).
    I am always right there in the thick of the Bachelor stuff, so tuning in wasn't a problem, but nevertheless, I too was anxious and waiting to hear about the new DWTS cast. If these two shows are going to piggyback off each other - I don't really mind - the producers can at least find a way to do it with some finesse. They either need to make it entertaining in an interesting or a funny way.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So Tom's tweet makes it official:

I said best cast ever for two reasons. 1. Because hope springs eternal, and 2. To give Melissa an excuse to whack me in the ribs.
    Actually, I find #2 pretty funny Still, I'm surprised no big official announcement.

I am always right there in the thick of the Bachelor stuff, so tuning in wasn't a problem, but nevertheless, I too was anxious and waiting to hear about the new DWTS cast. If these two shows are going to piggyback off each other - I don't really mind - the producers can at least find a way to do it with some finesse. They either need to make it entertaining in an interesting or a funny way.
    God bless you Less than an hour in and though I was weirdly intrigued, I was also reading to run amuck. Wasn't it obvious who he was going to pick? Maybe I just watch too many reality shows. I can't imagine watching from the start with 25+ men/women all fighting for the love of someone that's going to kiss and sleep with nearly everyone there, and have to endure the catfights and petty machoism. But this show where winning the top prize is a mirrorball trophy and where it's as more about ratings and drama than anything else is my favorite, so what do I know When they announced the cast during the Sunday night line up for season 8, I was hoping last night would be similar. I remember every commercial had something; Tom would give clues (though it gave it away anyway), and then would come back and say who it was. He did 3-4 at a time. Last night was just horrible. At least ABC won't have TB around for the fall season to announce the cast.

I still don't see any official announcement about a co-host, so I think that Examiner article was just making an assumption because Melissa was with Tom for the reveal.

The official press release for the new cast only says the following about the hosts:
    Hosted by Tom Bergeron ("America's Funniest Home Videos"), the celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba, who all return for their tenth season together.
    Couple that with the tidbit somebody found about how the couples will now stay on the floor to receive their scores, and you have to wonder if a) The show still has no idea who will replace Samantha, and b) they are reducing the duties of the co-host in the meantime, or even eliminating the job altogether.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Please no Melissa!! Anybody, ANYBODY but her!!

What's so wrong with getting Drew back?
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3845476;
    Please no Melissa!! Anybody, ANYBODY but her!!

What's so wrong with getting Drew back?
    How could a Dude want Drew back? I'm revoking your man card.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I would like to see Melissa. She has a pleasant personality and is not spiteful/hateful to anyone that I have ever seen.

Although I am really not interested in anyone announced for the cast, I may have to tune in and see how she does, if she got the gig.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread