+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

According to something I read in USA Today, Conan can not take another job until Sept. 1st, and for the mean time can't do any talk shows or interviews or bash NBC in anyway (they take the fun right out of that-oh well, Letterman and Kimmell will do it for him ). So I'm not sure if that would affect him getting on DWTS or not, if he seriously pursued it.

For arguments sake, as I highly doubt Anna D. will be back next season, the next two tallest female pros are Edyta and Kym. I didn't realize Conan was so tall, either, so unless he doesn't look freakishly tall next to one of the other ladies, they'd probably be the next choices. Edyta had Jason Taylor, who was 6'6", and at times looked too short for him. And I think Kym might be a little shorter than Edyta.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3804321;
    I think he could (he'd have to watch out for wet floors and not run on them ), but the ONLY thing I can think of that may be an issue is that he's 6-foot-4, so he'd be very tall over a lot of the dancers.
    Wow, 6'4!? I'm gonna make this thread sound like a broken record, but I didn't think he was tall, let alone that tall. I always thought he was a short behind that desk.

While I'm on Conan's side on this whole thing, I think it's for the best that he won't be joining next season. That is, if he really can't do anything until next September. Like someone has said before, his popularity has shot up because of everything that has happened. If he manages to dance alright, he could take his pre-show popularity very far (like Donny).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

According to Louis, the new cast will be announced on Feb. 22nd on GMA. He doesn't know if he'll be back yet, but I'm betting it'll probably come down to him and Jonathan if one of the other male pros doesn't take this season off.

And another rumor to add to the mix (it's sad that this is one I could get excited about, except I don't want it to happen):

Paula Abdul -- 'Dancing' Is Lucrative | TMZ.com

Paula Abdul -- 'Dancing' Is Lucrative
    Posted Jan 26th 2010 8:00AM by TMZ Staff

Paula Abdul has a million reasons to appear on "Dancing with the Stars."

ABC has offered Abdul a $1,000,000 development deal, with one catch -- she has to appear on "DWTS," sources tell TMZ.

ABC has been going after Paula for a few years now, trying to get her on "DWTS."

According to the proposed deal, ABC would allow Paula to do "The X Factor" with Simon Cowell. We're told Simon and Paula met a week ago to discuss the show, and it looks like it will happen.

Paula has to make a quick decision -- we're told the ABC offer is contingent on Paula doing "DWTS" this season, which starts in March.

A rep for ABC says they don't comment on prospective cast members.
    I seriously hope it doesn't happen. She's a professional. Unlike Mya, I'm sure more would be made of her background as a dancer in the media. I don't care if she never did ballroom, she's a professional dancer and they're only riding on the whole ratings she'll bring in. I don't think Paula would win, but she'll get far on popularity.

If she does get cast, I hope they give her to anyone other than Derek, Mark, or Dmitry. Looking on the bright side of things, I guess it'd be entertaining watching her and Samantha in an interview together.
    Last edited by karalott; 01-26-2010 at 01:50 PM.

I happen to really like Paula Abdul, but I'd cry foul if she were to be on DWTS.
    She's definitely a dancer / choreographer and, while not many knew about Mya's history, most everyone remembers Paula from her dance / choreography days.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Are we sure they want her as a contestant? Maybe a judge or a co-host is getting the boot...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3809022;
    I happen to really like Paula Abdul, but I'd cry foul if she were to be on DWTS.
    She's definitely a dancer / choreographer and, while not many knew about Mya's history, most everyone remembers Paula from her dance / choreography days.
    Except, Paula's 48 now - definitely past her dancing prime.

Oh, I take that back, I checked and she's been choreographing stuff up until 2002. She'll probably still have the chops.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I probably wouldn't mind her as a contestant, although we'd have the same problem a la Mya. Although she's defo past her prime and older now.

Not as a co-host.

Olympic Icon Greg Louganis: ‘Put Me on DWTS!’ - PEOPLE TV Watch

Olympic Icon Greg Louganis: ‘Put Me on DWTS!’
    January 29, 2010
    Diving legend Greg Louganis has never backed away from a challenge.

He won four Olympic gold medals despite obstacles including a rough childhood, an abusive relationship, addictions to pills and alcohol and a devastating HIV diagnosis in 1988.

These days Louganis — who turns 50 today — is healthy, happy and ready for another kind of challenge: “I want to be on Dancing with the Stars,” he tells PEOPLE. “It would be such a blast.”

Known for his graceful dives (and the horrifying moment when he bashed his head on a diving board at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, requiring stitches), Louganis also danced as a child — and was teased about it by other kids, who also taunted him over his dyslexia and dark skin tone (adopted by Greek-American parents, his birth father is Samoan).

Yet Louganis, who revealed his painful past and talked openly about his sexuality and HIV status in his 1995 memoir Breaking the Surface, has thrived. Living in Malibu, Calif., with partner Daniel McSwiney, 46, his passion for diving has been replaced by his love of his dogs, whom he trains for agility competitions.

Now what Louganis wants most is to dust off his Dancing shoes — and show off some moves of his own.

“I don’t know about the outfits, but I’ve worn worse,” laughs Louganis, who as a child wore “sequins, headbands and poofy sleeves” for jazz routines. “I’ve never done ballroom but I want to try … Dance really captures something you just can’t put into words.” – Alexis Chiu

For more on Louganis — including how he stays healthy, his struggles with addiction, and his devotion to his dogs — check out the issue of PEOPLE on stands now.
    Greg mentioned last season he was trying to get on. He said the pro he'd most want to be paired up with is Cheryl.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3812928;
    Olympic Icon Greg Louganis: ‘Put Me on DWTS!’ - PEOPLE TV Watch

Greg mentioned last season he was trying to get on. He said the pro he'd most want to be paired up with is Cheryl.
    I watched Greg win his 10M Olympic gold Medal in LA in 1984. I'd love to see him do the show.

Hopefully this isn't a bad omen of a certain someone filling Samantha's shoes-but the new cast reportedly won't be released until March 1st now (doesn't give them much time to rehearse, since the new season starts the 22nd) during the season finale of the Bachelor. Like season 8, it'll be announced throughout the commercials.

As for the rumor mill, hopefully things pick up and start getting excited. We have actress Genie Francis and her hubby Jonathan Frakes, actress Jennifer Gray, actor/rapper Simon Rex, Olympian Greg Louganis, Latoya Jackson, and some rumors that also spilled over from last season, singers Brandy and her brother Ray-J, Tori Spelling's hubby Dean McDermott, and actress Lynda Carter. True, some of these people said they just wish to be on or put their own names out there, so I don't know if they count. If you believe reports Jennifer Grey had meetings with producers and Simon Rex claims to his twitter followers that he did as well.

+ Reply to Thread