+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

It might be easier to go back on this board and find Gilles thread.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Monday's lineup to dance:

1st: Maks/Erin
    2nd: ? probably Evan
    3rd: Chad/Cheryl
    4th: ? probably Nicole

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3905054;
    Monday's lineup to dance:

1st: Maks/Erin
    2nd: ? probably Evan
    3rd: Chad/Cheryl
    4th: ? probably Nicole
    If Nicole ends up dancing in the final pimp spot again, there are just no words... I really hop the 2nd and 4th dancers are reversed. Otherwise, I might be too PO'd to even watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Julika;3905094;
    If Nicole ends up dancing in the final pimp spot again, there are just no words... I really hop the 2nd and 4th dancers are reversed. Otherwise, I might be too PO'd to even watch.
    Has there ever been a season where it's been so obvious who the show is marketing as the winner?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3905118;
    Has there ever been a season where it's been so obvious who the show is marketing as the winner?
    Season 6 (Kristi Yamaguchi-this had the first ratings slide as a result), Season 9 (Donny Osmond), Season 7 (Brooke Burke-at least I thought it was obvious early on), Season 8 (Shawn Johnson-regardless of what people say about Gilles being the obvious winner from day 1, I disagree. That was Shawn's to lose).

I don't really care to see Chad or Nicole's dances, as I can pretty much guess how they'll go, but will be sure to catch Erin and Evan's.

I'm sure Nicole gets the pimp spot next week as well, and Evan will be second. Whoever will be the designated 3rd place will go first.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3905124;
    Season 6 (Kristi Yamaguchi-this had the first ratings slide as a result), Season 9 (Donny Osmond), Season 7 (Brooke Burke-at least I thought it was obvious early on), Season 8 (Shawn Johnson-regardless of what people say about Gilles being the obvious winner from day 1, I disagree. That was Shawn's to lose).

I don't really care to see Chad or Nicole's dances, as I can pretty much guess how they'll go, but will be sure to catch Erin and Evan's.

I'm sure Nicole gets the pimp spot next week as well, and Evan will be second. Whoever will be the designated 3rd place will go first.
    Wow! That's crazy.

I'll watch them all, but I'll pay attention to Evan and Erin. Nicole and Derek, I just wanna mute the judges' comments. I can handle their dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Julika;3905094;

Honestly, I've been PO'd pretty much since the second week of this season which makes me sad because I've loved DWTS since it began. At this point, I will follow along here and watch only Maks & Erin and Evan & Anna.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3905118;
    I know, and I'm disgusted by it. Does anyone know if any of the judges have been asked this question in an interview? Or at least say out loud what the viewers are wondering? It's so blatant that they're fawning over Derek and Nicole. D is an amazing choreographer and N is a great dancer, but come on. It feels like the winner has been in the bag since week 2! :nono

I really do wish they read these boards. The judging this season (especially this season) has been difficult to swallow.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3905146;
    Wow! That's crazy.

I'll watch them all, but I'll pay attention to Evan and Erin. Nicole and Derek, I just wanna mute the judges' comments. I can handle their dancing.
    I think the majority won't say Brooke's win was obvious from the get go, but once the first couple of weeks set in, it was obvious she was a favorite. I was excited about that season because unlike season 6, on paper it looked like the field was wide open. I never expected to like Warren Sapp and felt sorry for Kym but was totally rooting them on in the end. Season 8, a lot of people argue it was the reverse, and Gilles was the intended mirrorball receipient but I disagree. Prior to the show, many people were calling Shawn the heavy favorite to win because she was the Olympic darling, America's sweetheart. No one knew who the heck Gilles was and whether the show knew what sexy Frenchman he'd turn out to be on the dance floor, I don't know, but his losing wasn't a huge surprise. Big disappointment, yes, but Cheryl dropped the ball on the choreography that season with him.

In Kristi's case, it had been 4 seasons without a female winner. Season 5 they tried to get one and failed so bring on the girl who can't lose. Season 9, it'd been 3 seasons since a male had won, so bring on the Osmond. I think Donny had an uphill battle, dance wise, but I was happy for that result, and for Kym, no matter how obvious of an outcome it was. This season, while many are saying Evan's gonna win, I'm still sticking with Nicole. Since she's been getting such a negative edit and Derek's going out of his way to post rehearsal packages of them having fun together, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a redemption edit this week and next. Erin/Maks, if they want them gone or know they can't overcome Chad's fanbase, will probably be shown having a huge break down and argument. The same could be said for Chad/Cheryl. Evan/Anna will probably get a decent edit as usual, just maybe not good judges comments.

I know, and I'm disgusted by it. Does anyone know if any of the judges have been asked this question in an interview? Or at least say out loud what the viewers are wondering? It's so blatant that they're fawning over Derek and Nicole. D is an amazing choreographer and N is a great dancer, but come on. It feels like the winner has been in the bag since week 2! :nono

I really do wish they read these boards. The judging this season (especially this season) has been difficult to swallow.
    I wish ABC would do a survey like American Idol is doing to see what the viewers think. I'd write to ABC. Everyone online, even fans of Derek/Nicole, think that the judging is way lopsided and totally screwy this season. I don't even think it's been applied just to Nicole/Derek though a lot of people touch on the favoritism those two are shown (obviously people think Kate, Jake, and Buzz were given better scores in some dances-or in Kate's case all dances-than they earned). Depending on where you stand with your like or dislike for them, people are either really annoyed or worried for their chances. CA had to defend herself during season 8 for giving Lil Kim's jive a 10. She had some interview she gave where she mentioned how/why she scored the way she did for every couple. It was weird how she phrased it, but kind of touched on she judges them based on how she wants to. Not in comparision with everyone else, not if they're working at the level they should be at, not if they do a proper dance (she said in Lil Kim's case the dancing and entertainment value of it outweighed the fact that it wasn't a proper jive), and not if they're a ringer. I'm tired of her in general, but I wonder if she'd be as nice to a country singing ringer or just to the girls/guys that fit her genre.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-17-2010 at 12:00 AM.

I still don't get why anyone thinks Nicole is going to win this. She simply doesn't have the fanbase that Evan does, period.

Also, it's more logical that they keep giving Nicole the pimp spot and "letting her" be the frontrunner (a concept I find silly, because she IS the frontrunner through no fault of her own except talent and hard work), because they know that she (like Gilles) won't have the votes in the end. And even if she does get the votes, like Gilles did, ABC will "clean" the votes and proclaim Evan the wholesome, clean-cut winner just like Shawn.

The script is a repeat of season 8, except that there's no Melissa in it, since nobody hates Erin (except Hasselbeck) and she's not technically as good as Mel was. All this hyperventilating and hand-wringing over Nicole will be for nothing, and I will be the one who gets to complain since the best dancer was prevented from winning once more, either by America or by the show. But we will know the truth, LOL.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread