+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3896152;
    gooooood news: Anna twittered that their cha-cha will be futuristic
    Yay! I knew they couldn't give Derek the futuristic theme two seasons in a row so I wondered if they were just not going to go there. So I wonder what decade will get skipped. The 90s? Might make sense, as the only think Aaron's 90s dance had going for it, theme wise, was the song. At least Kelly, Mya, and Donny could have the funky costumes and hairstyles.

FORT Fogey

Gag.

I know most of this board loved Derek's futuristic dance last time, but I thought it was among the worst dances I've ever seen on this show.

Just. Not. Good.

I hope Evan's version of the future is better.

Better yet, time to go get a snack when that dance is up.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I read that DanceCenter will make a return to this week's results show. From the youtube vid I saw, it's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3897144;
    I read that DanceCenter will make a return to this week's results show. From the youtube vid I saw, it's hilarious!
    I love Dance Center! Last season was one of my favorites. Sometimes I wish, though, that Kenny Mayne would read more what's in the side notes because that can be pretty funny in itself (mocking Dmitry as being the celeb and not Mya, and saying his best/worst dances were krumping and the electric slide). I loved Stacy Keibler's little segment, too, where she was interviewing Donny backstage (in his full 80s paso costume), asking him what the deal was with him and Bruno.

Some years can fall a little flat, though, and I don't think there's anyone that's as snark worthy as Pam, Jake, and Kate would have been, or any moments like Donny kissing Bruno, Derek's head bob with Joanna, or Gilles continually going shirtless-and then cutting to Jerry, Len, and Kenny all shirtless

I hated Derek's futuristic dance, as well.
    I sure hope Evan / Anna's is better.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm actually dreading a 50s paso more from Derek this time around. It seemed a little too convenient that wonder boy would get a futuristic paso last season. The 50s isn't the hardest decade to pull off, and I think it could be done for a paso. However, if he even scraps the surface in doing it, I think we'll see compliments, gushing, metaphors, and 'best thing ever!' like we've never seen on this show; just imagine the judges thinking Derek invented a whole new style of dancing. Since I'm not their biggest fan, the next two weeks is going to be a long one for me where Nicole/Derek are concerned. They have a cha cha/AT next week (very likely anyway), which will probably result in two perfect 30s, and then the finale, which I'm sure they'll go last, they'll probably get 'best freestyle ever' from the 3 Stooges at the judges table. I know the producers want non-ballroom/more hip hop styled freestyles, at which most of the pros have failed miserably going the hip hop route (even Lacey surprised me by how bad her freestyle was with Lance). I think Evan/Anna, who will probably be standing there with them, will probably come up with a more show stopping routine and go the route that Kym has usually taken with her freestyles.

I'm actually looking forward to this season being done, as it's not as fun now as it was in the beginning, but here's hoping I get Erin and Evan in the finals and Erin winning. Since I doubt that'll happen, I hope Evan takes it. And then I can start worrying what horrible stunt casting the producers will come up with next season to top casting Kate (the Tiger Woods/Jesse James/insert next sleazeball cheater skanks? Daddy Gosselin or one of his other women? Some other hungry for fame famous for nothing reality show Z-lister? Vienna? Another B/ette cast off?)

And for anyone planning on recording the show tomorrow, it's back to 2 hours vs the 90 minutes it's been the last couple of weeks. 10 dances which is what they have for the premiere (more or less) but it's going to be a lot of filler. I guess Alyssa Milano's show didn't work out?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3894841;
    Dances for tonight (and the themes):

Nicole/Derek: Foxtrot, 50s paso doble
    Chad/Cheryl: Tango, 60s jive
    Erin/Maks: AT, 80s rumba
    Niecy/Louis: Viennese Waltz, 90s paso doble
    Evan/Anna: Waltz, futuristic Cha Cha

At this point in the competition, I'm wondering about the choice of celeb dances. Since votes begin to matter so significantly at this point, I'm curious if the show has selected dances that will insure certain celebs for the final.

A few thoughts:
    Erin and Maks: While the show has chilled on exploiting their possible romance, these dances highlight their chemistry. A week after being in the B2, this couple can't possibly be dropped if these dances bring the passion, fire, and sensuality that their fans, even average viewers, enjoy.

Evan and Anna: We all know that Evan really struggles with the hip action in Latin dances; he's exceptional in ballroom dances. His dances for next week then are paso doble and the foxtrot. With Chad and Niecy still in the game, I'm wondering if they gave him the cha-cha now, so that, if he does it poorly, perhaps Chad and Niecy's dances will still rank lower than his. Were this dance to be performed against Nicole's next week, and in the semifinals, it could seriously hurt him.

Niecy and Louise: Niecy continuously surprises me, but I'm not sure how well she'll pull off a paso doble. It's a challenging dance both technically and character-wise. Put her up against Nicole's PD, which will likely bring the house down since Derek has to work his 50s bones, and it almost looks like their setting Niecy up for her exit.

Chad and Cheryl: Chad did well in the AT; the jive could be his downfall. Again, depending on who the show wants in the finals, they may have given him the jive this week hoping that any low scores will be overlooked if Niecy (or anyone) has a bad night.

Nicole and Derek: Just can't see them going anywhere. Only way they will leave is if the other's fanbases outdo them. Notice that Erin, Niecy, and Chad are still being covered by ET, Insider.

Edits will be a big deal this week. The promo commercial for this week is very Nicole/Evan/Chad heavy.
    Last edited by veg_out; 05-10-2010 at 08:30 AM.

I have no idea what songs anyone else is dancing to, but Rhythm is a Dancer isn't exactly the first song I'd think of for a paso. Louis is a phenominal choreographer, but he can only do so much. Niecy had her break out week last week so we'll see if the judges dare to diss or if they worry that'll invite more votes so they keep everything positive. Sight unseen I really think Niecy should go this week. Even if the others have their worst weeks yet, there still better than she is, but unfortuantely one bad week can send one of them packing. I'm not too overly worried about Erin, but I can't say I'd count it out completely if she makes another trip to the bottom 2. They might do a fake bottom 2 this week. Chad I think has the fan votes, and Nicole and Evan have the show.

I think Erin/Maks may bring the house down with their two hot, steamy dances. They won't be lacking in chemistry, that's for sure, and think they'll definitely capture the very heart and soul of both dances. Hopefully they finally get the stinking encore this week. Evan I think will probably have an easy couple of weeks going into the finale. Most of his harder dances are behind him. He might have an issue with hip action in the cha cha, but hey, he had his week of glory and still couldn't get the #1 spot by himself, so the show probably figures they've given him his due and will go back to gushing over Nicole. I think Nicole could see a perfect 30 tonight, if she pulls her paso off, and maybe even some 10s for her foxtrot, as she hasn't exactly bombed in ballroom. Chad I'm not expecting a lot from but he's not going anywhere. Since I think he's kind of a clunky dancer I'll be curious how he pulls the jive off.

Maks tweeted that he and Erin will have the VW/paso next week if they make it through.

Looking at what other dances the remaining celebs have, un-performed: Chad has the samba and regular waltz, Niecy the samba and tango, Evan the foxtrot and paso doble, and Nicole the cha cha and AT. Chad and Niecy I feel are going to be at the disadvantage, dance style wise, as I feel the others are going to have much more memorable, entertaining, and better choreographed routines to pull off. It'll be a push for the finals. Nicole is as good as there with her two dances. I think Chad is going to run into possible trouble with the samba, and I'm not crazy about his ballroom dances, since it looks so awkward having to be in hold with Cheryl. His fanbase may help him along. I'll be shocked if Niecy is here this time next week.

+ Reply to Thread