+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Ger

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

I love this show and cannot wait for the new season to start.

Either I've been living under a rock too long, or they really scraped the bottom of the barrel this time. The only name I can recall ever even having seen before is (ewwww) Pamela Anderson.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

2 more days! queenb, I kind of had reservations about the cast when it was first announced, especially Kate, but I think it might be enjoyable. Unless the obvious happens, and she lasts for a long time and Evan/Nicole wind up as the predicted final 2.

Only one show with all the couples dancing for premiere week (never understood why they thought dragging premiere week out to 2-3 nights of just the couples dancing was a good idea). Following week, they all get to dance again and someone goes home. First dances are the VW and cha cha, and the second week the dances are the jive and foxtrot (now it makes sense why Derek/Nicole got the VW was their first dance, they'll get the booty shaking jive for their second).

Only couples I'm not 100% sure as to what dance they're doing is Pamela/Damian (I might guess cha cha as 3 female celebs are already doing the VW/Jive). Things have been just as tight lipped in terms of what songs they're doing as well. The others are:

Cha Cha/Foxtrot:
    Erin/Maks
    Aiden/Edyta
    Chad/Cheryl
    Buzz/Ashly
    Niecy/Louis

VW/Jive:
    Jake/Chelsie (dancing to "Kissed by a Rose")
    Kate/Tony
    Nicole/Derek
    Shannen/Mark
    Evan/Anna

Sight unseen, I think having the foxtrot as their second dance could benefit Niecy/Louis and Buzz/Ashly. I wouldn't be surprised if the first person who went home is from the VW/jive group (just looks more like trainwreck potential).

I don't think I can post the link as it's on another fansite, but the original source of information came from Newsday.

Supposedly, according to Newday, they claim this season could be called "The New Dancing with the Stars" Not sure what changes, except no more going backstage to get scores. And the set is going to be re-done to include a skybox ala American Idol (so first they try and copy SYTYCD and now Idol?) Will the show realize if they haven't gotten the younger viewers yet they probably won't succeed? I hope this isn't a case where, if true, they contiually pan up to the couples in the sky box to get their reactions while the couples are dancing and/or the judges are critiquing.

So if they've pretty much eliminated the whole backstage environment, why do they need a co-host again?

Niecy/Louis are dancing their cha cha to Rescue Me by Fontella Bass. Still no idea the order. Wikipedia also lists the new dances as just the American Smooth and Merengue, no rock n roll as they previously reported.

If there's anymore changes, hopefully there not overly gimmicky or totally mess with the process/format. The show had a leg up with the slimming of the cast and the pool of celebs. I feel like it might be a looong season, but hopefully season 10 holds up to the other spring seasons which were among the best.

FORT Fogey

Predictions and possible spoilers

Anyone's guess is as good as the next as to what is going to happen as we go down the stretch, but it sure is fun to try!

I personally think that by the time we get to a certain point in the lineup, the judges begin to manuever a little with their scoring and comments here and there to try and maybe, say, direct certain people into certain desired slots.

My guess is that Niecy goes this week. Unless Chad's fanbase jumps in, I think he may go next week.

A huge, huge surprise though could be Evan who was dead last on one poll which while only an indicator is still enough to make me sit up and say, "What?"
    *If they wanted to startle us all, they could put Evan in the bottom 2 tonight. At the very least it might jumpstart his fans.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Bottom 2s are definitely crucial and I think we’re in for a ‘not necessarily B2’ tonight in order to grab the fan votes for next week. Or if it is a real B2, it will be a surprise B2. Niecy and Chad maybe

This season has been rather predictable, although the departures up to now were a little messy, the remaining stars are the folks who should still be there. And I do expect more out of sync departures (Erin leaving before Pam or Chad for instance). This season is Evan’s to lose – I don’t think Nicole’s fan base is large enough to even come close to edging out Evan. The only unknown is who is going to be in the F3 with them.

My gut told me last week Jake was leaving, it’s telling me Niecy is going tonight – 2 for 2
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Anders,
    I'd agree with Niecy going home and I'm also crossing both my fingers and toes that she does.
    I'm really tiired of hearing about the jiggly parts at this point.
    And I just don't find her to be at all funny on this show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I also think Niecy is due to burn her capezzios. She is improving but not as much as Chad, and unless her fanbase is larger than his, it will be her week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm okay with Neicy going home. I think it's "time." I will be very upset if there's a shocker like (gasp!) Erin.
    On another note, it bugs me greatly that the judges are saying things like, "You're the best dancer we'ver ever had on the show" to Nicole. I don't know if the producers "know" in advance when someone will be far and away more talented than all the rest. I'm sure that it is sometimes a surprise to them who does especially well and who does poorly. However, this season is so lopsided that it takes the fun out of it. Nicole isn't as irritating, thus far, as Mya quickly became, but her background and natural talent make the contest too predictable. I'm going to say that the final two will be Evan and Nicole with third place up for grabs. Evan will almost certainly win the mirrorball, having a greater fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3893624;
    I'm okay with Neicy going home. I think it's "time." I will be very upset if there's a shocker like (gasp!) Erin.
    On another note, it bugs me greatly that the judges are saying things like, "You're the best dancer we'ver ever had on the show" to Nicole. I don't know if the producers "know" in advance when someone will be far and away more talented than all the rest. I'm sure that it is sometimes a surprise to them who does especially well and who does poorly. However, this season is so lopsided that it takes the fun out of it. Nicole isn't as irritating, thus far, as Mya quickly became, but her background and natural talent make the contest too predictable. I'm going to say that the final two will be Evan and Nicole with third place up for grabs. Evan will almost certainly win the mirrorball, having a greater fan base.
    I can't believe they wouldn't. The show has to do their research so they don't wind up with 11 Nicole's or 11 Kate's. This show had the right ingredients pre-season at being the best and most unpredictable ever, but pretty much everyone's fallen where I thought they would (as I was hoping for some surprises). Niecy went a little further than expected and I wasn't sure where Pam and Erin would fall, but since Pam has been in the bottom 2 twice, I guess right where I thought she would. I think the show casts more calculating than before and obviously, given the edits and judges comments.remarks to certain couples over others, there's something calculating about that. I miss the days when even with the predictable final 2 of Apolo and Joey, you still weren't sure who would win. Last season, most everyone called Donny and Mya as the final 2. Season 8, it was predictable Melissa, Gilles, and Shawn would probably make the finals, only potentially being upset by Lil Kim. I liked Mel B, Joey Fatone, Mario Lopez up until he lost, but even their dance experience pales in comparision.

I think Niecy or Pam tonight, and the next two weeks will probably be a toss up between whoever survives of those two and Erin, because if Chad's fanbase is what people are predicting, I think he's as good as in the finals. Plus, he's been getting a really positive reception from the judges and a better rehearsal edit. Whether that keeps up we'll see. Evan and Nicole for the final 2 most likely. I wish I was as confident as everyone else about Evan winning.

+ Reply to Thread