+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by suebenjamin;3757885;
    Peacheater, thanks for all your sharing and entertainment.

I'll miss your posts. I've learned more about ballroom dancing from them than from anyone else's.

I'll miss you and I'll miss the Gilles, Shawn and Melissa season. I know the boards got crazy that season, but we were so blessed to have 3 such talented dancers in the finale who able to focus on DWTS instead of their other careers for the duration of the show. The quality of that final 2 was outstanding.
    I too will miss Peach's expert posts and wish him well.

I generally agree with your post with the exception that I believe that any of those F3 would have made an excellent final winner. Melissa technically danced better than the other two, connected with her partner and audience and had a tremendous work ethnic, Gilles' had the charisma, oozed sex appeal, presence, and had natural ability, and Shawn had the speed and precision of a little machine and had the natural pure sweetness that drew people. There was no going wrong with any of the three as a winner except that the two adults were highly controversial.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Newbie

Bloomers,

You caught me in a typo. I agreee with you wholeheartedly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by suebenjamin;3757938;
    Bloomers,

You caught me in a typo. I agreee with you wholeheartedly.

It's all good. I sure make my share of them.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3757888;
    SDL--my moto is "Chacun a son gout" is what makes the world an interesting place.

BTW--if you like well-defined quads you should be paying a lot of attention to us female athlete types these days. You know--us Natalie types.
    If anyone is still reading this thread, I would like to reply to the following:
    Wind Dancer - I think Natalie has the most beautiful legs I have ever seen, but I know you are serious athlete so I will leave the competition open.
    Peacheater - I'm going to miss you a lot. Best wishes always.
    MsDiva2007 - I have no problem at all with curvy women - in fact, I prefer them.
    Bloomers - thank you for always being the voice of reason.
    Karalott - I've appreciated having you as a partner in crime.
    Norealityhere - thanks for laughing at my jokes.
    But to everyone, thank you for making a pretty weak season of DWTS enjoyable with fun and interesting observations, and the least amount of conflict I can ever remember during any season of any show on this board.
    You guys are a bright spot in my day.

FORT Fogey

Awww--SDL--you're a sweetheart (I hope that doesn't embarrass you.)

I suspect that the ladies here know from your posts just how much you appreciate women.

Have we told you lately how much your many "insider" and highly informative posts are appreciated?

Well here it is again.

I love your behind-the-scenes info and suspect I am not the only one.

I hope you had an excellent Turkey Day.

ETA--I am looking forward to seeing Donny appear on a number of talk shows like Bonnie Hunt and Ellen so we can get more insider info from him on how he managed to pull this off. I hope he brings Kym with him too!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Thanks sdl! I've enjoyed your posts a lot this season, and can't wait for next season for them. It really was a stress free, fun season not having the fan wars that literally almost turned into an all out way over whose favorite is better, less experience, better hair, more sexy, and less of a tooth blinding smile.

The finale was the best part of the season. Losing a few of my non favorites was great, too, and seeing the return of two of my favorite pros and them lasting long into the competition (or longer than usual for Anna T.). I do hope the show does a better job next season and really took notice what made this season goes south. But we'll still have the unfunny Samantha, Carrie Ann "Lift Police" Inaba, Bruno ('nuff said), cranky and grumpy and hates the gimmicks Len, the out of tune off key singing band, the long results show, the bias, the favoritism. And I'll still watch every minute

And I take back what I said about Julianne-I did miss her this season after watching some Youtube clips of her and Apolo. If Derek or Mark left I don't think I'd care, but she was here first, so I wish she'd return.

FORT Fogey

Karalott--I'd miss Derek. He and Maks are my "socially acceptable" eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3758422;
    Karalott--I'd miss Derek. He and Maks are my "socially acceptable" eye candy.
    I probably would, too Just because he's still there I say I wouldn't. But I know for a fact I wouldn't miss Mark. Or Karina, Lacey, and maybe Dmitry if they decided to take a break. I think everyone else I'd miss in some way.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3758421;
    Thanks sdl! I've enjoyed your posts a lot this season, and can't wait for next season for them. It really was a stress free, fun season not having the fan wars that literally almost turned into an all out way over whose favorite is better, less experience, better hair, more sexy, and less of a tooth blinding smile.

The finale was the best part of the season. Losing a few of my non favorites was great, too, and seeing the return of two of my favorite pros and them lasting long into the competition (or longer than usual for Anna T.). I do hope the show does a better job next season and really took notice what made this season goes south. But we'll still have the unfunny Samantha, Carrie Ann "Lift Police" Inaba, Bruno ('nuff said), cranky and grumpy and hates the gimmicks Len, the out of tune off key singing band, the long results show, the bias, the favoritism. And I'll still watch every minute

And I take back what I said about Julianne-I did miss her this season after watching some Youtube clips of her and Apolo. If Derek or Mark left I don't think I'd care, but she was here first, so I wish she'd return.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the relative harmony of this season as compared to last.
    That said, I can't imagine how boring it would be if everything was right with the show, and we didn't have anything to complain about. Although we may not like certain things, that very fact sometimes adds the spice we need to liven up our conversations! What would we talk about beyond how good every one is (or isn't) if we didn't have some gripes?

Sdl, what a wicked sense of humor you have! During this Thanksgiving season, I am full of gratitute that I am not on the show!! Anyway, thanks for the laughs; they
    "juice up" the rather dry voice of reason I have. I too am thankful when you come forth with inside info.

When does the next season start?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3758470;
    I thoroughly enjoyed the relative harmony of this season as compared to last.
    That said, I can't imagine how boring it would be if everything was right with the show, and we didn't have anything to complain about. Although we may not like certain things, that very fact sometimes adds the spice we need to liven up our conversations! What would we talk about beyond how good every one is (or isn't) if we didn't have some gripes?

Sdl, what a wicked sense of humor you have! During this Thanksgiving season, I am full of gratitute that I am not on the show!! Anyway, thanks for the laughs; they
    "juice up" the rather dry voice of reason I have. I too am thankful when you come forth with inside info.

When does the next season start?
    Would anything ever be right without this show being the way it is? Despite people being annoyed by CA's constant comments on the list and perhaps having her own biases for and against certain people, it gets people talking. Every season, people complain about her constant docking of lifts when she feels like it, but letting someone else get a pass. Bruno's antics get a lot of press and media attention. He ever had his own little segment dedicated to him on The Soup. And every show has to have the judge you boo. The one hour results shows don't really bug me, I enjoyed them this season for a change. I really enjoyed the lack of Macys dances and more pro performances and more of the musical guests. We know we can count on the above next season And the show knows what it's doing creating shockers and keeping certain people around. I just hope they make better casting choices next season. That's probably where my real problem lies, is the dances, the casting, and the pairings. But aside from that, I've gotten used to everything else And you're right, what's the fun if everyone agrees on everything and everything runs perfectly? The show probably wouldn't even be on the air.

And if they go along with past spring premieres, probably in late March. I'm going to guess when the Olympics are done, but I doubt any later than that. Spring seasons are typically better than the fall, but hopefully no bad ugly fan wars.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-27-2009 at 10:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread