+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3756146;
    THAT's it! I've been trying to figure out the whole season why she seems so bland and it's the total lack of chemistry or regard for her partner. she acts like he's beneath her. Plus, she never really connected with him. During those sexy latin dances, she was just dancing. She wasn't feeling it and she wasn't dancing with Dmitri. She was dancing around him. He was just a prop for her all season.
    Unfortunately what you've said is very true.

SDL and I had long discussion about Mya's emotional coldness and lack of any connection with poor Dmitry on one of the weekly show threads--it's around here somewhere........

I read energies and when I look at Mya I see a tight capsule around her with all her energy locked up inside it. Usually with most people some energy flows outward to other people--or at least into the space around a person.

Not Mya's.

ETA--

In terms of the emotional content of her dancing--Mya is the complete and polar opposite of Gilles.

Gille is the tropics and she is Anarctica.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-24-2009 at 11:58 AM.

FORT Fogey

My guess is that if Mya does not win, she will blame Dmitry.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3755897;
    Ok I expected more from Louis than that. Anyone else??
    The dance was too hard for Kelly. A dance not as physical would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3755923;
    Scores: 9, 9, 9 (waaay overscored). So even with a crappy freestyle Mya is still their winner.
    They were way over scored, should have gotten 8's.

FORT Fogey

I have a question about the judging and votes for the finals--they keep saying that the judges will have one more chance tonight to score the contestants.

Does that mean that ultimately the results are in the hands of the judges--and not the voters?

I don't remember if they did it this way previously.

Thanks for any info on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3756048;
    And the blame (and praise) for most of that (with the Freestyles more than anything else) goes to the choreography (or as Wen calls it "cawweeogwaphee"). Kym's was exciting, fast and dynamic, and Louis and Dimitry's were staid, boring and vanilla.

Amen. She's been the largest party responsible for Donny's success. His work ethic isn't unimportant, but without Kym knowing exactly what to do with him he would have been... Kelly.
    You clearly dislike DO.

Mya got on my nerves last night, she was so smug, over confident.

DO for the win!

FORT Fanatic

Pardon my stupidity, what is VN1?
    Also, re: Mya's regard for her partner-just my opinion- SHE HAS NONE. She is arrogant enough to believe she
    can pull this off "solo". I really feel sorry for Dmitry that he had to put up with her all this time.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3756292;
    My guess is that if Mya does not win, she will blame Dmitry.
    [mod edit]

Had their freestyle pleased the judges more, Mya would not only have the judges' points advantage, but possibly the audience vote advantage as well. Mya led Donny in audience vote every week but two (now three) and her personality is the same as it's been all along. So while I hate to blame Dmitry since I know he followed the strategy he thought was the wisest, it's clear that Mya didn't want to play it safe but Dmitry did.

If Cheryl had not choreographed so little dancing for Gilles to do in the Flashdance (a woman's dance) freestyle and gotten just ONE more point from any one of the three judges, Gilles would have won the mirrorball. His relatively lame freestyle and Shawn's killer routine made the difference.
    Last edited by Critical; 11-24-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Yikes I guess I insulted the world of dance when I commented that Mya and Donny were both professionals. Mea culpa. I only meant that they can both move well and sell their programs and that's how they make their livings. I get that Donny is a "more shuffle off to Buffalo" sort of dancer. It feels like there's a little bit of "elitism" in the dance world and that's filtered in to this board. I just watch for fun and the amazement of what people can do with movement and grace (since I have little ability of my own). I'm not sure where the Mya hate started - surely if she has the technique and the knowledge of choreography that you all say she has, she should be using it to make impressive dances with Dimitry. I kind of like the fact that she's not oozing all over Dimitry like Cheryl Burke does with her partners (although I think Cheryl is a fabulous dancer). Anyway, LONG story short, I was not trying to insult the world of pure dance by comparing it to the schmaltzy Osmond type dance routines.

+ Reply to Thread