+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I still think Mya will win. She'll get the come back edit tomorrow, the glare and frown of fury on her face will change to glee when the judges tell her what a close call when they award her a perfect 30 for her repeat dance and she'll fake smile, act fake shocked, and pretend to respect Dmitry. Maybe it's just me, but I thought their paso got overscored. No, it wasn't bad, but there were parts that looked a mess and were out of sync with each other. So she can be the first person to break the freestyle curse and be known as the girl who won even though her freestyle sucked big time, got overscored, and was a whole lot of nothing. Really, her and Dmitry looked all over the place. Dmitry looked like he was having fun, Mya looked like she wanted to run off the stage. I'd hope the show thinks twice before casting a professional as a contestant again. At the very least, give them a pro they can't use as a doormat. Mya really showed me tonight how entitled and arrogant she seems. And that there's no hiding it, she is a professional choreographer who obviously hates handing the reigns over. Which is pretty much the point of the show. I agree with those who say even Marie's doll dance was better-it was horrible, but horribly entertaining. We won't forget it. Mya's goes down in history with Stacy/Tony.

Kelly/Louis's freestyle was also a let down, as I was really looking forward to seeing what Louis could do. Disco and freestyles do not go together. But I had fun watching it because Kelly was laughing all the way through it and it showed what a great time she was having. Her and Donny are why I think this show, and the judges said it all about no one expecting her to make it this far but she's worked long and hard and had such a great bond with her partner. They earned it, especially in this season. The AT was fantastic, too. I was expecting it to be a bust, but Kelly has really grown. She'll never be the greatest dancer, but she's improved. If Donny can't win, I hope these two can. Hopefully Louis gets some respect from the producers.

Donny/Kym, after tonight, deserve the trophy. A great cha cha that I was impressed the judges liked and Kym for the third time pulled off a great freestyle. She never disappoints in that category. They've been a joy to watch and I was proud of Bruno bringing up Donny's professional attitude toward the whole process.

As for the megamix, I hope they really improve that or can it. It seemed like such a waste. I think awarding a perfect 30 for less than a minute of dancing (which even Kelly knew who was getting first). But what was the point? They put Mya/Dmitry, the judges pets, in front of them, but everyone looked out of sync with each other, which I guess was the point. But it was a mess. Could have been worse, but save something like the mambo marathon or go back to the smackdown dance for this.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-24-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Props to Kelly for no tears/drama this week. It was quite nice to see her all smiles and seemingly genuinely enjoying herself tonight. Having said that, I hope that doesn't make people want to vote for her too much and give her the trophy.

Enjoyed her Tango, group dance OK, freestyle even without the mess ups it wasn't all that exciting. Maybe her feet were bothering her too much?

Mya did pretty well before the freestyle. Man that might have been the worst freestyle ever! As the judges said, I kept waiting for something special to happen all through that dance and it never materialized. Even Marie's doll dance even though horrible dancewise, at least it was somewhat entertaining.

With Donny, to me his first two dances were decent, and his freestyle was by far the best of the bunch. It didn't blow me away or anything, but dancing and entertainment wise, I felt most satisfied by it.

So after watching this finals, I can't help but think that like or dislike Joanna/Derek, what they could have done in the finals. I'm not a Derek fan, but that guy can make up some really good dances and I'm pretty sure that with a capable dancer in Joanna, they could have done something really nice in the freestyle. Oh well.

Hoping that Kym/Donny win mostly because of Kym. Donny bugged me much less the last few weeks than at the beginning, but if Joanna were still in, I'd probably vote for her if she danced well. But since she's not there, GO KYM and get your first mirrorball trophy!
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3755769;
    Great paso by Mya and Dmitry!

Looks like Mya took a page out of Mel B's costume book (even though she has a bit less going on north of the border than Mel B did).

They worked the HELL out of that!

Gotta give it up to 'em!

Can anybody say "30", y'all?

Yep.

West coaster here chiming in late as usual--I thought that Mya's paso was as lacking in emotional content as all ehr dances. Sometimes I wonder why poor Dmitry bothers to show up at all.

I mean--Mya wouldn't miss him because she is waaay too self-involved when she dances.

And it's a good thing I am not near enough to the band to use any weapons because they would be dead for their massacre of "We Will Rock You."

B*St*RDS!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3755895;
    Because I'm not watching, meaning that I really don't care and therefore my "vote" is fungible (Able to be substituted for something of equal value; Interchangeable).
    Fungible! My fave legal term. It always reminds me of mushrooms.

Really bugged my law professors with that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3755897;
    Ok I expected more from Louis than that. Anyone else??
    I am (temporarily) upset with Louis. I don't think he did Kelly any favors with that freestyle mess.

It consisted primarily of his throwing her around.

What was he thinking?

Bleeeh!!!

I just gave all my votes to Donny.
    I enjoyed Kelly, too, but I felt there were a lot of errors in her freestyle. I like her waltzes a lot better and think she's really done a great job of mastering the form and the posture they require. She's never seemed as good in fast numbers like the freestyle tonight.
    And, I did have to agree with the judges about Mya's freestyle. I kept expecting it to be grander than it was. I don't fault Dimitry for that. Mya has had a lot of dancing experience in her life and it was up to her to bring it home. I don't think she did.

I still think Donny's going to win but, hey, stranger things have been known to happen on this show.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-24-2009 at 12:49 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3756078;
    Fungible! My fave legal term. It always reminds me of mushrooms.

Really bugged my law professors with that.
    What kind of mushrooms?

Question, after Mya wins will there be an asterisk next to her name in the DWTS record book?

FORT Fogey

Peacheater--Amanita Phalloides of course.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-24-2009 at 01:11 AM.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3756067;
    I still think Mya will win. She'll get the come back edit tomorrow, the glare and frown of fury on her face will change to glee when the judges tell her what a close call when they award her a perfect 30 for her repeat dance and she'll fake smile, act fake shocked, and pretend to respect Dmitry. Maybe it's just me, but I thought their paso got overscored. No, it wasn't bad, but there were parts that looked a mess and were out of sync with each other. So she can be the first person to break the freestyle curse and be known as the girl who won even though her freestyle sucked big time, got overscored, and was a whole lot of nothing. Really, her and Dmitry looked all over the place. Dmitry looked like he was having fun, Mya looked like she wanted to run off the stage. I'd hope the show thinks twice before casting a professional as a contestant again. At the very least, give them a pro they can't use as a doormat. Mya really showed me tonight how entitled and arrogant she seems.
    When I watched Mya's paso, I thought it was a complete mess - out of sync, uninspiring, sloppy, a real letdown. Then the judges started talking about it being one of the greatest ever, and I not only knew that they sucked as judges but that they were predestined to give her a 30 no matter what.
    I give no deference to the judges scores - if you've watched this show for a long time and can stay somewhat objective, you know the good dances from the bad ones...and can usually predict the scores in advance, except when the judges play obvious favorites.
    In all fairness, Kelly's freestyle was worse than scored, and Mya's freestyle was criticized by all of the judges but still got a 27. So it appears that nobody can do worse than an 8 in the finals, and the absolute floor for Mya is a 9. If she's less than awful, she gets a 10.
    The exchange between her and Dmitry over who's choreography to use in the freestyle made my blood boil, not only because it's ridiculous for a contestant to choreograph her own dance, but because I knew she would wear Dmitry out if she deigned to let him do his job and the result was less than perfect.
    I think Donny has a chance. His freestyle really was entertaining. Way to go Kym.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3755957;
    In a perfect world, Kelly's fans would realize that she is too far back to save, and give their votes to Donny. You know, the "anybody but Mya" mindset. Would love to see Kym walk away a winner in this too.
    That's exactly what I did. Go Donny and Kym!

+ Reply to Thread