+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

No surprise there. With an 87 out of 90 last night, there was no way Mya was going anywhere but to the finals.

FORT Regular

Blah---just give her the trophy now and put us out of our misery...

Derek is showing some strange facial expressions as if he expects to leave tonight.

I really like that song Under Pressure, didn't like when was it Vanilla Ice that ripped it off. The guy that lip synched and got busted...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dang, I think the toothy one is dancing to the Bee Gees, who I was looking forward to watching.

OK, they have reached a new low in their teases for keeping/eliminating couples. This is just stupid.

If you're not going to reveal a couple's status until later, don't bring them into the spotlight and make them stand there in silence for several seconds as if you are going to do it now.

Everyone already knows that we're not going to find out who is out until 9:59pm. Why treat your viewers like they are complete idiots?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by twinkletoes;3752453;
    Not a fan of Alicia's outfit.
    Ditto.

It SUCKED . . .

BIG time . . .
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Leona Lewis up now.

OK, they have reached a new low in their teases for keeping/eliminating couples. This is just stupid.

If you're not going to reveal a couple's status until later, don't bring them into the spotlight and make them stand there in silence for several seconds as if you are going to do it now.

Everyone already knows that we're not going to find out who is out until 9:59pm. Why treat your viewers like they are complete idiots?
    I think ABC would like to think the viewers are idiots. They act like having a 1 hour variety style type results show is a good thing to keep the viewers interest. Everyone knows that the last few minutes on any of these shows is what counts, and I've read for DWTS and AI that there's always a spike in ratings in the last 15 minutes or so for that reason. I liked their old way, where all the couples stood onstage and Tom just said a name at random. I do think it's unfair not only to Joanna/Derek, but also to Kelly and Donny. Now they have to sit and wonder if they're both going to be in the bottom 2 or if one of them still has a chance.

Joanna looks kinda pissy tonight. Mya says she's had some low points (when?) I think she tries and pretend they've had it as bad as other couples.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-17-2009 at 09:37 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Filler and more filler. Guess I am a hound for punishment for sitting through this all.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3752481;
    Leona Lewis up now.
    Never heard of her. Clearly I'm decades beyond the demographic. But I certainly appreciate that she has a excellent vocal range.
    Last edited by Peacheater; 11-17-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3752493;
    Never heard of her. Clearly I'm decades beyond the demographic.
    She won the British version of American Idol, I think it's called Pop Star or something. The girl can actually sing.

+ Reply to Thread