+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I, too, think something went wrong with Melissa's dance. Was it just my eyes, or did the bottom of her feet looked dirty? Anyway, very awkward, and hardly worth mentioning she'd be dancing for all the longer it lasted.

I also thought Derek and Joanna knew ahead of time by their reactions. Still disappointed when the moment came, I imagine.

I'm also beginning to think this show is as staged as TB. It's also my opinion that Mya shouldn't be in the finals with her prior dancing experience. What do we want to see next...a whole cast of experienced dancers compete against each other? I'd much rather see contestants with little or no dancing experience compete and watch them improve each week.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3753054;
    They've always done at least 3, except for seasons 1 and 3. I hope they cool it with everyone learning so many routines next season. Having to learn their own routines, group dances, team dances, and now possibly having to learn a dance with pros? I liked it back in the old days they did the freestyle, their favorite dance, and then the judges choice dance.
    I wonder whether all this "tweaking" (more like sledgehammering) was pre-planned or an on-the-fly reaction to the falling ratings.

Karalott,

Is there no longer the freestyle dance? I really looked forward to that.

The new show that is premiering is Find my family. Looks like a tootal tearjerker. It's made by the Extreme Makeover people.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3752919;
    Originally Posted by BTW
    You're kidding! Only thing I wanted to see during that segment was the Bee Gees. When I saw how bad they look now, I switched the channel. I don't understand the favortism Melissa gets in comparison to numerous other past contestents. who could have (and should have) easily filled her spot.

Agree. If Melissa wasn't well liked, popular, they wouldn't have asked her back to perform.

The Bee Gees, Barry's voice is so high, they were good for the disco era. Sometimes Barry's voice sounds like an album playing on the old turn table in a wrong speed
    Melissa was off in more ways than one last night. The woman's face looked odd like she had some sort of surgical procedure. The only way I could tell it was her was those bolt cutters she has for teeth. lol.

Apparently ABC only appreciates her marginally since they couldn't afford to put some shoes on her dirty feet.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

I'm so glad Kelly made the finals. I really didn't think she would. Looking forward to the freestyles next week. My guess is that Mya will choreograph her own freestyle and I look for a hip hop number from her. I hope Donny doesn't go over the top with cheesiness in his freestyle like Marie did and I have no idea what Kelly and Louis will do but look forward to seeing it. I was very happy to see Melissa last night even if only briefly. She looked gorgeous.

FORT Fogey

SDL--What a fascinating post on demographics! Can you let us know the source? (If it's not too personal etc). As always thanks for your many contributions here.

FORT Fogey

I didn't get home in time to see Melissa at all--but I m sorry to hear that her appearance was so abbreviated.

A real dance with her would have been fun.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3753107;
    Karalott,

The new show that is premiering is Find my family. Looks like a tootal tearjerker. It's made by the Extreme Makeover people.
    I think so. At least, I hope so. I want to see what Louis can do, and Kym always does such good freestyles I was referring more that I liked the old format with the freestyle, the new dance (judges or contestants choice) and the favorite. I hope the producers are doing this as a last minute gimmick because I've seen many complaints that they're working the couples too much and too hard to produce anything quality. It's really fair to them that they get slammed when they may not have had a lot of time to prepare in the first place.

I saw some interesting DO concept on SCD. For the finale, rather than do the final 3 cha cha/samba/paso doble DO between the finalists as they have before, they played the same song but the couples were allowed to pick their own dances. One did a jive, the other a quick step.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3753107;
    Karalott,

There must be a freestyle dance because Derek mentioned that he had some ideas for it--that was before they got eliminated.

Also I think I heard Louis mention he had some ideas already for Kelly--I think he said that on Monday night? Or maybe in one of those quickie interviews that are shown on the various entertainment news shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3753172;
    There must be a freestyle dance because Derek mentioned that he had some ideas for it--that was before they got eliminated.

Also I think I heard Louis mention he had some ideas already for Kelly--I think he said that on Monday night? Or maybe in one of those quickie interviews that are shown on the various entertainment news shows.
    You are right... Louis told the cam during their Samantha interview that America needed to vote for them because he couldn't wait to show us what they had planned for their freestyle!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread