+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by FumaLover;3752539;
    Yes, she did an interview earlier today. She said she is too busy making "Burlesque" and working on her singing career right now.
    Sorry but what singing career? Her first single did okay. Her second single bombed so bad that the label did not give her a third single. She may be recording a new cd, but honestly she is not going to make the singing thing stick. She was a gimmick for the label to try and cash in on her DWTS fame.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3752607;
    My attention was pulled away during the last half-hour, so I missed some things. And (happily) I don't see many comments about it, so I have to ask: exactly when did Melissa appear? It must have been quick and semi-painless...
    Did anyone else think Melissa's dance was weird, meaning that they hardly let her on the stage after all of the hype?

This was the dialogue in my house:
    Tom Bergeron (not actually IN my house, but on TV): Here is Melissa Rycroft dancing to the Bee Gees!!
    (Score music)
    Me: Man, Barry Gibb needs to hit the Grecian Formula.
    Friend: The little dude to his right needs to hit the gym.
    Me: Wow, Melissa looks like a pro out there.
    Friend: That is a pro, idiot. It's Cheryl Burke.
    Me: Yea, right. Is Melissa a blonde now?!
    Friend: No. That would be Chelsie Hightower
    Me: They need a wide angle lens because they aren't showing Melissa.
    Friend: She's not out there.
    Me: Cool, because I've never told anyone this, but I have a crush on both Cheryl Burke and Chelsie Hightower.
    Friend: Hope they don't know about each other...that could get ugly.
    Me: Cheryl and Chelsie are great, but who is the weird guy I've never seen before?
    Friend: I think that's another Russian dancer guy - he dates Carrie Ann.
    Me: That is a mighty high price to pay to get 90 seconds on DWTS. You're kidding me right?
    Friend: Nope. But I agree. I wouldn't do 90 seconds with Carrie Ann for a permanent gig on DWTS.
    Me: This deal is almost over....oops, is that Melissa?
    Friend: I think so, but.....it's over.
    Me: She's waving her arms like she carried the freakin' show. If I'd blinked, I would have missed her.
    Friend: Well it's a good thing because you've sure got your hands full with Cheryl and Chelsie.
    Me: Uh, I forgot to mention Kym.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3752806;
    I'm very happy for Donny and Kelly, but I'm angry that Joanna is out due to Mya being in. It was no surprise, really. Joanna did not have the fanbase to get her into the finals, and Derek's fans can only do so much.

I am rooting for Donny to win it all, but I'd be just as happy for Kelly.
    Ditto.
    Either of them...but certainly NOT Mya.
    Nothing against her....but she should have never been cast.

I'm thinking pro-wise that Louis and Kym should be in the finals. Dmitri has not proven himself as a pro....IMO.

I wish I had bet money last night - I've gotten it right the past 3 weeks! Woo Hoo

I knew Donny and Kelly, with their huge fan bases, weren't going home anytime soon. And, like it or not, Mya is a very good dancer. And, this show has always been a popularity contest. It was pretty clear from the start that Joanna was getting by primarily on high scores, oohing / ahhing from Carrie /Bruno and Derek's fanbase. Joanna, herself, doesn't seem to have that strong of a fanbase and her lack of smiling / any semblance of a personality throughout the majority of the competition did not help. Kelly's and Donny's personalities seem to have a much broader appeal than Joanna's did.
    I love the song that Leona did from Precious. She does have a lovely voice. But that dress looked like 4 handkerchiefs or placemats sewn together. And, poor Alicia, she's one of the most beautiful ladies out there today and that outfit was so unflattering. Both need to fire their personal stylists ASAP!
    I loved seeing Melissa and Tony again. And, it was fun to go back in time with the BeeGees.

I was real surprised that they were almost deferential to Joanna when they had she/Derek do their dance. I can't remember that ever happening before. I think, from the start of the competition, they saw that Joanna was scraping by for the audience vote and so TPTB wanted to give her a final boost when she left.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3752765;
    I for one keeps voting for Mya as well as a whole lot of fans because she good and deserves to win just like everyone else on the show.
    Mya gets my vote also. I am voting for her because she is the best dancer. ABC has no rules that say you must not have ever danced before. You must be a celebrity so Mya is within the requirements that the show has. Why she is taking grief for being on a show about dancing is ridiculous.

I am on a mission to see that she wins. I have summoned the troops and Mya for the win mission is A go!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ger

I am so happy to see both Donny and Kelly make the finals and wish Joanna would have made it instead of Mya.
    For some reason I do not like that gal.

My favorite to win is Donny and I if everyone votes I think he will have a decent chance to win this.
    He is a good dancer and works so hard. I would love to see Kym take first place also for a change.

I agree that Kelly is not the best dancer but she has the fans and she has improved the most over the weeks.

So I cannot wait for for next week to come.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3752818;
    Did anyone else think Melissa's dance was weird, meaning that they hardly let her on the stage after all of the hype?

This was the dialogue in my house:
    Tom Bergeron (not actually IN my house, but on TV): Here is Melissa Rycroft dancing to the Bee Gees!!
    (Score music)
    Me: Man, Barry Gibb needs to hit the Grecian Formula.
    Friend: The little dude to his right needs to hit the gym.
    Me: Wow, Melissa looks like a pro out there.
    Friend: That is a pro, idiot. It's Cheryl Burke.
    Me: Yea, right. Is Melissa a blonde now?!
    Friend: No. That would be Chelsie Hightower
    Me: They need a wide angle lens because they aren't showing Melissa.
    Friend: She's not out there.
    Me: Cool, because I've never told anyone this, but I have a crush on both Cheryl Burke and Chelsie Hightower.
    Friend: Hope they don't know about each other...that could get ugly.
    Me: Cheryl and Chelsie are great, but who is the weird guy I've never seen before?
    Friend: I think that's another Russian dancer guy - he dates Carrie Ann.
    Me: That is a mighty high price to pay to get 90 seconds on DWTS. You're kidding me right?
    Friend: Nope. But I agree. I wouldn't do 90 seconds with Carrie Ann for a permanent gig on DWTS.
    Me: This deal is almost over....oops, is that Melissa?
    Friend: I think so, but.....it's over.
    Me: She's waving her arms like she carried the freakin' show. If I'd blinked, I would have missed her.
    Friend: Well it's a good thing because you've sure got your hands full with Cheryl and Chelsie.
    Me: Uh, I forgot to mention Kym.
    My guess is that Melissa was invited back to dance and pimped excessively on Monday's show in an attempt to bolster the sagging ratings. From what I understand, she and Tony only practiced for a day or two, so I don't think there was time for her to learn a full routine, as she is not a professional dancer, contrary to what some still believe. Therefore, they had to throw the other pros in the mix in order to make something out of it. Although I think she did okay, it was clear that Cheryl and Chelsie are, not surprisingly, far superior dancers than she is.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE= I'm sure she was invited by the producers, who are desperate to pull out any gimmick they think will staunch the bleeding ratings.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding! Only thing I wanted to see during that segment was the Bee Gees. When I saw how bad they look now, I switched the channel. I don't understand the favortism Melissa gets in comparison to numerous other past contestents. who could have (and should have) easily filled her spot.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3752888;
    You're kidding! Only thing I wanted to see during that segment was the Bee Gees. When I saw how bad they look now, I switched the channel. I don't understand the favortism Melissa gets in comparison to numerous other past contestents. who could have (and should have) easily filled her spot.
    Not kidding. You may not like her, but she is popular enough with a segment of the viewing public (or at least the producers believe as much) that they felt her appearance would be good for ratings, IMO. And she was willing to do it. Is it your belief that she bullied her way onto the show?

I'm sure the producers would have been overjoyed if Gilles had had the time to learn a routine and dance as opposed to making a brief appearance at Donny's rehearsal, but he probably wasn't available. Complain to his manager.
    Last edited by ironcat; 11-18-2009 at 03:50 PM.

I know that I am in the minority here - but I was excited to see Melissa last night. I do not watch GMA therefore do not see when she has her little segments on there.

+ Reply to Thread