+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

My attention was pulled away during the last half-hour, so I missed some things. And (happily) I don't see many comments about it, so I have to ask: exactly when did Melissa appear? It must have been quick and semi-painless...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3752578;
    I so don't want Mya to win. Come on Donny....barring his winning I would be fine with Kelly. Just not Mya.

I just watched the Bee Gees segment...love the Bee Gees. Did anyone else notice the cutaway to Ozzy and Sharon and the absolutely horrified look on Ozzy's face?
    I missed that, but if there'd been a camera on me at home, you'd have seen a horrified look, too. I thought they sounded terrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3752594;
    I did (and geez, he looked pissed)...were they rivals or something? I'm too young to know when these folks were big!
    I don't remember whether they were big at exactly the same time, but it was fairly close, I think. The Bee Gees might have been a bit earlier. I wouldn't consider them rivals, since they were playing to vastly different audiences. I'm just guessing the the Bee Gees were never Ozzy's cup of tea and that, like me, he was thinking they should hang it up!

Walkoff, Melissa and Tony danced during the Bee Gees song. They were joined by Chesie, Cheryl and I can't remember who the male pros were.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I'm very happy with the results tonight. I know Mya will probably win, but I'm glad we get to see Kelly and Louis and Donny and Kym again next week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3752607;
    My attention was pulled away during the last half-hour, so I missed some things. And (happily) I don't see many comments about it, so I have to ask: exactly when did Melissa appear? It must have been quick and semi-painless...
    I love the Bee Gees and that song they were singing. Melissa appeared at the very end of it and I don't think she was onstage for more than a minute, if that. If anything, her inclusion looked strange because you had the 2 couples dancing, then towards the end of the song she comes out from the side And the audience wasn't shrieking hysterically, so I guess her popular demand wasn't as big as she thought. But it was just weird for her to come on and dance like that.

Count me in with those hoping Donny or Kelly win next week over Mya the pro. I don't know why they've picked her of all people to hype, because I sure as heck don't see it, and I know I'm not alone. But I figure, unless they pull a stunner and totally slam her next week, she'll get 3 perfect 30s and act phony shocked when Tom announces she's the winner in the same tone of voice he uses when he sends someone home. DWTS would probably have a better result if Donny the fan fave or Kelly the sentimental story line won over the boring professional choreographer/dancer.

I saw Derek/Joanna on Jimmy Kimmell. Both seemed really dis-interested to be appearing. Jimmy isn't exactly a pro news reporter, either, but I felt like they just wanted to go and do their own thing. I wonder if Derek will be back next season.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-18-2009 at 01:15 AM.

FORT Fogey

I got home in time to see Derek and Joanna eliminated.

I'll really miss seeing Derek dance--*sigh*--but I am thrilled to see my faves Donny and Kelly in the finals.

At least I'll enjoy two-thirds of the finale.

FORT Newbie

The reality is Joanna was by far the best dancer next to Mya. Now that she is gone Mya will blow the others away. Its going to be like watching young Michael Jordan vs some college kids. The worst finals in history. Who wins is irrelevant. That all about the stupid voting. Maybe Kelly wins because people like her. If this is about dancing Mya wins easy.

FORT Fogey

OMG! Too funny!

Jimmy Kimmel just showed Joanna's "audition" to be on his "Man Show." Apparently she was on his show for a whole year--even though she NEVER mentions it on any resumes or in interviews.

Even though he was his jokey self I think he is ticked off athat she doesn't mention him.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Adam Carolla had a similar beef that Joanna never mentioned she was part of that show when asked about her background in entertainment.

It was strange how Melissa came on so briefly and did anyone notice that she was dancing in her bare feet while Chelsie and Cheryl wore shoes.... what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by proudnewf;3752636;
    It was strange how Melissa came on so briefly and did anyone notice that she was dancing in her bare feet while Chelsie and Cheryl wore shoes.... what's up with that?
    Yes that was odd. I wonder of someone stole her shoes to keep her from dancing? Too bad it failed.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread