+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Louis one of the worst dancers on the show? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but Louis one of the worst?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3751645;
    Next week can't come fast enough I'm ready for this god awful season to be over.

So we'll see the judges fall head over heels for Derek but pretend it's Joanna, swoon over Dmitry because Mya will choreograph something top notch (except maybe Len won't like it), probably nitpick Donny (but not too much), and basically blast Kelly right off the stage. They want their set up of their final 3, they have to make it so it won't be a shock.

And I know $$$ make the networks go round, but 12 dances for just 4 couples? I'm more shocked no one has pulled a Marie this season based on exhaustion.

And tomorrow it's the return of the two Smileys

I lurk on these boards but never post. I just wanted to say when I heard Mya was going to be on dancing with the stars, I was so excited. I have been a fan of hers for years. I really don't get all the Mya hate. She was asked to be on the show. They knew about her dancing experience before. I don't think it's her fault. The backlash she's receiving about her having no personality, or her being fake is crazy. I am a fan of hers, but if she couldn't dance I wouldn't vote for her. I watch the show, because I love to see a good dancer. There have been plenty others on this show in the pass who had some kind of dancing experience. Everybody's gonna like who their gonna like reguardless, but I still don't get the Mya hate on these boards. I'm so excited she's in the finals, and I will continue to vote for her. Go Mya!!!!!!!!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3752325;
    Didn't Kelly cry after one dance a few weeks back where she totally forgot her steps and almost quit in the middle of her dance but Louis wouldn't let her and got her to finish? Also she's cried plenty during her confessions and practices yet she gets a pass because she's well liked and is a woman?

Aaron cries that one time and maybe teared up once or twice some other times and he can't shake off the crier label? Isn't that kind of unfair? I suppose as a guy, people think you're not suppose to cry, at least not in public and if they do, they're seen as weak. On the otherhand, its perfectly acceptable for women to cry in public and not be blasted too badly or at all for it. Kelly has had more drama and tears than probably all the other celebs combined but that's fine because its her. Aaron cries once and he's a baby etc.

I hope people saying it might be Joanna going home are wrong, because if she does, I can't see Mya having enough people voting for her to win and only Donny might have a chance to beat Kelly.
    You must not have seen the interview after he was eliminated where he was sobbing. Seriously? It was a reaction way out of proportion to the event. There's nothing wrong with a man who can cry, but sobbing after losing out on a reality show is a bit much.

I'm so happy Donny and Kelly made it to the finals. YAY!!! I'm going to vote for Donny but I'll also be happy if Kelly wins. Anybody but that ringer, Mya!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3752920;
    I'm so happy Donny and Kelly made it to the finals. YAY!!! I'm going to vote for Donny but I'll also be happy if Kelly wins. Anybody but that ringer, Mya!
    What puzzles me is that in the past we've heard very vocal backlash against celebs who were thought to be ringers. Last season in particular, even the pros gave interviews in which they brought up (what they deemed to be) the unfairness of Melissa Rycroft's "dance experience." Why's everyone so quiet about Mya?

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3752932;
    What puzzles me is that in the past we've heard very vocal backlash against celebs who were thought to be ringers. Last season in particular, even the pros gave interviews in which they brought up (what they deemed to be) the unfairness of Melissa Rycroft's "dance experience." Why's everyone so quiet about Mya?
    Exactly! I've said the same thing over and over with friends and co-workers. I don't get it!

I think it's in their contracts ... one negative word about MyaTheRinger and ZAP! Two professional dancers will appear beside you and beat you severely about the head and torso. Also, they will stop payment on checks.

Anyway, that's my theory.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bright31;3752803;
    I lurk on these boards but never post. I just wanted to say when I heard Mya was going to be on dancing with the stars, I was so excited. I have been a fan of hers for years. I really don't get all the Mya hate. She was asked to be on the show. They knew about her dancing experience before. I don't think it's her fault. The backlash she's receiving about her having no personality, or her being fake is crazy. I am a fan of hers, but if she couldn't dance I wouldn't vote for her. I watch the show, because I love to see a good dancer. There have been plenty others on this show in the pass who had some kind of dancing experience. Everybody's gonna like who their gonna like reguardless, but I still don't get the Mya hate on these boards. I'm so excited she's in the finals, and I will continue to vote for her. Go Mya!!!!!!!!
    I think it goes beyond being a dancer. Mya puts all other ringers on this show to shame. She's a known professional dancer and choreographer. Probably because she's not as well known some people brush it off-but really, would people be saying 'it's okay she's a dancer' if this were Janet Jackson or some other pro. She goes beyond being a ringer, she's a professional dancer competing against amateurs. It doesn't seem to be fair to others who have to really work at something Mya's already good at. Her fault she was cast? No, I blame the show, but because she's a contestant she's fair game just like anyone else.

Louis one of the worst dancers on the show? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but Louis one of the worst?
    Louis for me is one the best choreographers on this show. You could tell the difference between the 2 pro opening numbers with the guys and the girls. Lacey's was a mess and more posing than dancing. I love Louis because he's old school, more about traditional dancing and rules and sticking to it, and doesn't seem to get into hamming it up to the camera, being pissy with the judges and feeling entitled, or throwing gimmicks out there for the majority of his dancing.

I think it's in their contracts ... one negative word about MyaTheRinger and ZAP! Two professional dancers will appear beside you and beat you severely about the head and torso. Also, they will stop payment on checks.

Anyway, that's my theory.
    Debi started talking about Mya's experience on Jimmy Kimmell, but Maks put his hand and her shoulder and that ended the conversation. You'd think in this dull season they'd enjoy the controversy of having a pro competing against amateurs. Even Donny called her a pro, and Kenny poked fun at her for that.

+ Reply to Thread