+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Joanna, I think her attitude has gotten better, she seems nicer now.

Whether we like her or not (we don't know her), we're supposed to judge on the dancing, same could be said for the 3 judges.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3751712;
    Loved it Donny and Kym!! That was a great, fun dance.
    Donny danced the Samba very well, he sure can move those hips! He's 51 now, 52 on December 9th.

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but some people on this board love to complain about this show but you complainers are all still watching. HELLO.
    Last edited by graycat11; 11-17-2009 at 10:45 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3751663;
    7-7-7 for Donny, which is incredibly, maddeningly generous.

He's a nice guy and all, but c'mon, they tripped, fell and made steps up! What the heck is this?
    Improv? Good ole American ingenuity?

They certainly did not deserve good scores, but throughout the seasons I have heard the judges make serious remarks about couples and their mistakes only to turn around and give their dance 8s; therefore, I was not surprised that they gave them 7s on the part that they did well and on at least the ability to improvise. It doesn't hurt, probably either, that Donny is so willing to acknowledge when and where he screws up.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

Donny is such a class act all the way. He has done a great job thus far in the competition and I hope that he is given the opportunity to continue.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3752034;
    Joanna, I think her attitude has gotten better, she seems nicer now.

Whether we like her or not (we don't know her), we're supposed to judge on the dancing, same could be said for the 3 judges.
    Can we really separate the dancing and the personality and judge on just the dancing? I'd like to think I could, but am not so sure.

There are a couple of videos online showing the making of her various calendars - behind the scenes shoots are never as glamorous as they seem viewing the finished product - that were made years ago, and she is the same pleasant, easy-to-work-with person we see in the DWTS footage. Not a bit of the attitude or entitlement we see from some other models or actresses. Some have it in their contracts that cast and crew members are not allowed to even look at them unless spoken to!

Everybody loves Kelly Osbourne, and Kelly has said Joanna is her "bestie" on the show and gets all Kelly's votes. Debi Mazar loved her, Melly J. Hart does, heck, even Donny follows her. Not everybody has to like who we like.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3751875;
    Actually, I think Joanna's saving grace is that while she DID come off really fake at the beginning of the season, as time has passed what we're seeing has become a lot more genuine. You can sense a real person under the annoying plastic doll exterior now.

I think people mostly just hate her because she's a plastic surgery disaster. And because pervy old Heff is in her corner (blech!). And yeah, she's got a bit of a bitch face on occasion, but that's mostly 'cause the surgeon's knife left it that way. It's better than Mya's fairly mobile face, which despite being capable of any expression typically looks pretty damn blank.
    Agree. If people think Joanna has a bitch face, all I can say is that Karina is 5 times worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3751884;

Never been a Donnie fan, but his work ethic is amazing. He's grown on me quite a bit this season and I wouldn't mind seeing him in the finals, either. He's nowhere near as annoying as his sister. Thank God.
    Marie is nice I'm sure but she is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3751934;
    One bad apple was a favorite when I was a teen. It make me feel so old now,lol.
    I remember that song very well too (I am 52), that was a good song.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3751798;

It's gotten these pros a ton of publicity and many of them have been able to pursue other passions as a result. Mark/Derek reportedly got a record deal, Julianne has albums that have come out and a movie role in the remake of Footloose, Tony has some independent movie roles coming up, Edyta did a bit part on CSI: NY, and I know Cheryl has also had a couple of bit movie roles. Maks/Karina were able to join Broadway and BTF. These possibilites likely wouldn't have happened without the show. I guess it depends if they want a future as a dancer, which they'll always have that tie. But if they want other things, its certainly helped.

I remember hearing way back that the show wanted Derek for season 4 but he declined, however once he saw how popular it made his sister (and really, that's when DWTS hit its peak, imo) and how popular it was in general he signed on.
    Thanks, karalott. Sorry, I must have missed your reply last night. This makes lots of sense. Maybe DWTS isn't a final destination, but a good resume builder and springboard to lots of other opportunities, and of course fame.

+ Reply to Thread