+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;3751829;
    Mya was definitely the best tonight so I'm sending all my votes her way.

Joanna, OTOH, came across as totally fake. Hopefully, Joanna goes home tomorrow night.
    Beyond fake -- Mya is a fraud. She is not a celeb/amateur dancer. If you can feel good about voting for someone who has been a professional dancer for years, then be my guest. Personally, if I were voting, I couldn't look at myself in a mirror after supporting anyone with her pro credentials, since it speaks fraud to the entire concept of amateurs dancing with professionals.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was really impressed Kelly did so well. I figured having the rumba and quick step she was screwed, but she pulled them off and very well. I think her rumba was better than just about anyone else's this season.

Since Joanna and Mya had the same dances tonight, I'm hoping they cancel each other out and one of them goes home tomorrow. Only reason I would want Donny staying over Kelly is because I think he can win over the other 2, but Kelly could very well surprise me. I'd be equally happy for Kym or Louis, whoever gets the honor of going to the finals. It'd be Louis's first time and what a welcome back that would be, and Kym doesn't always luck out in the partner department. Chances are she'll get a dud next season because she had Donny this time. Which is fine, everyone should get their turn.

Because of the judges point spread, Mya isn't going anywhere sadly. If there was a surprise tomorrow, it'd probably be Joanna/Derek, but seeing their reactions would be priceless, I'd have to admit. I think that's one of the few things I've enjoyed this season are the WTF looks of the overconfident when they wind up in the bottom. Always nice to see a Gilles cameo...I wish they could get him back for the finale and have him dance with Cheryl. I wasn't listening that closely, but did I hear that Jerry and Michael are going to have a DO of their own? It'd be great seeing Jerry/Anna together again

I had DWTS on in the background while I was catching up on some work but when I heard Michael Irvin's name my ears perked up. There's a dance off between Michael and Jerry Rice? Is that tomorrow or next week, guys?

I remember asking Bloomers and a couple of other people who have watched DWTS for most/all of the seasons about Jerry Rice's dancing compared to Emmitt Smith. What about Jerry compared to Michael? I never saw Jerry Rice's season, so I'm just curious how people who have seen them both on DWTS think that might play out.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3751838;
    Beyond fake -- Mya is a fraud. She is not a celeb/amateur dancer. If you can feel good about voting for someone who has been a professional dancer for years, then be my guest. Personally, if I were voting, I couldn't look at myself in a mirror after supporting anyone with her pro credentials, since it speaks fraud to the entire concept of amateurs dancing with professionals.
    When Mya dances, I feel nothing. She is a machine - no story there, no personality, no connection with her equally boring partner.
    With Kelly, you root for her because she's so challenged and cares so much.
    With Donny, you can feel how hard he is trying, and how much it hurts when he falters.
    With Joanna, you can see how far she has come as a dancer, because she sure didn't start out like this...
    Like them or hate them, these are real people - what the show is about.
    I have never detected one ounce of sincerity or humility from Mya. When she is complimented, she gives the most annoying fake smile and bats her eyes. Never a genuine "thank you." She absolutely ruins the show for me.
    But the judges have guaranteed that she'll be in the finals. Carrie Ann and Bruno are equally fraudulent in passing themselves off as judges - so birds of a feather......

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3751857;
    When Mya dances, I feel nothing. She is a machine - no story there, no personality, no connection with her equally boring partner.
    With Kelly, you root for her because she's so challenged and cares so much.
    With Donny, you can feel how hard he is trying, and how much it hurts when he falters.
    With Joanna, you can see how far she has come as a dancer, because she sure didn't start out like this...
    Like them or hate them, these are real people - what the show is about.
    I have never detected one ounce of sincerity or humility from Mya. When she is complimented, she gives the most annoying fake smile and bats her eyes. Never a genuine "thank you." She absolutely ruins the show for me.
    But the judges have guaranteed that she'll be in the finals. Carrie Ann and Bruno are equally fraudulent in passing themselves off as judges - so birds of a feather......
    Totally agree.
    WHY did the producers or judges or whoever think they needed Mya in the finale? I think the show would have been so much more entertaining if the finale three would have been Kelly,Joanna,and Donnie. Talk about dancin' their hinnies off! (and with feeling)

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Anyone of them is quite deserving to win. Mya definitely is the best, and it would be nice if Dimitry could get the win. Kelly and Donny would be the total surprise winners. Ok by me if a dark horse took it.
    I look forward to seeing the Bee Gee brothers perform. What the heck is Melissa Rycroft doing back with the likes of them?? The girl has gotten way more of the spotlight than she deserves. It will be good to see Dionne Warwick, one of my favorite singers. It's nice to see her resuming her career.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3751678;
    Horrible mess of a tango, completely wrong song (isn't the tango supposed to be sultry, sizzling?). Tripping, tearing, nothing went right.

But you know what I like about Donny? No matter what, he accepts the truth, makes no excuses and gives it his all each and every time. He's really trying to be a better dancer. I respect that.
    And that's why from not ever having been a fan of his I have come to admrie him and root for him this season.

Trust me--I am as shocked as anyone that I have evolved into a Donny fan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3751748;
    I wish it were going to be a final of: Joanna, Donny and Kelly....
    You and me both. I might actually pray to the saint of lost causes just to see if his mojo is still working.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Is the show just start on the WC? I'm following the voting sites and am curious how much the results are going to change. I'm really praying for an upset tomorrow. Just because I think Joanna/Derek, Mya/Dmitry are going into tomorrow with ease that they'll get through. If they do, cut the suspense show and announce them safe first. I don't want to get my hopes up should one of them be there in the bottom 2.

My mom is a long time fan of the show, and of course an Osmond fan. She was really put off by CA tonight because she thought she was pretty mean to Donny. He and Kelly entertain me, and I'll take that right now over someone who's a better dancer. It's hard to even root for Mya because she's not even in the same league as everyone, and yet I still can't get over how fake she is in her reactions when she gets praised or how she and Dmitry seemed to blow off Len when he said he was holding her to a higher standard because she was a professional but not like it when he dared criticize her. Everyone else has had to work, and work hard, to get this far. Mya's just had to show up.

I went into this season anti-Joanna from her Superstars appearance. I haven't completely crossed over to the dark side and learned to like her. She's boring. I think she's gotten more credit from the judges than she's deserved. And I want the mirrorball to go another pro. But, she has improved, and if I were basing it on that, she'd get the award because its shown. I think she deserves to at least make the finals because she's had to train, try, and dedicate herself to this process. Kelly and Donny are in the same boat as that, just not as good of dancers. But Kelly impressed the heck out of me tonight with 2 pretty tough dances. She and Louis have a lot to be proud of.

chrisg, I think the DO between Jerry and Michael is taking place next week. And has anyone heard if Jeffrey Ross is back doing his painful, pitiful celebrity roast of the contestants? I know he's going to be in the finale, because for whatever reason, he's dancing with Ashley/Edyta.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-17-2009 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;3751829;
    Mya was definitely the best tonight so I'm sending all my votes her way.

Joanna, OTOH, came across as totally fake. Hopefully, Joanna goes home tomorrow night.
    Actually, I think Joanna's saving grace is that while she DID come off really fake at the beginning of the season, as time has passed what we're seeing has become a lot more genuine. You can sense a real person under the annoying plastic doll exterior now.

I think people mostly just hate her because she's a plastic surgery disaster. And because pervy old Heff is in her corner (blech!). And yeah, she's got a bit of a bitch face on occasion, but that's mostly 'cause the surgeon's knife left it that way. It's better than Mya's fairly mobile face, which despite being capable of any expression typically looks pretty damn blank.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread