+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3749191;
    This season disappoints me.

I'm a former dancer, but not ballroom. But as silly as it is, I always enjoy being happy for the performers when they do well, the costumes, crazy spray tan makeup, Tom Bergeron, the camradarie backstage. My sister and I would often chat during the show critiquing. I love Dance Center, my husband who despises this show, will watch Dance Center. I sense no camradarie between the contestants this year once that football player left.

I prefer SYTYCD, so shoot me. Creative choreography and trained dancers.

Here are my gripes this year: Mya. She is this years Kristi Yamaguchi, but less pleasant, gracious and professional. Of course she's a great dancer, she started out that way and the more I see of her, the less I like.

Kelly. I don't like her. I'm over her act. I despise unsportsmanlike conduct. Yes, others don't act well either, but to jump up and down when Aaron was eliminated was really low brow. She hardly moves when she dances and always looks down. Then she'll look up and smile. In every dance. She looks like she has on cement shoes.

Joanna. Her feet... good god almighty that woman won't point her feet. They hang off the end of her legs like she has no feeling in them. She doesn't have good lines, no core strength, and has gotten carried by the brilliant choreography of Derek and costumes that hide her bad feet. Her hips have 0 turnout and flexibility. It honestly looks to me like I could break her leg off if I lifted it up.

It was a shame that Mark and Natalie were eliminated. They are what the show is all about imo. Take someone out of their comfort zone, who is relatively coordinated or athletic to begin with, and teach them to dance.

Donny and Mya are already performers. C'mon. How can Donny be so praised for his showmanship... he's a showman! I certainly hope after all these years he can sell it! And I like him. I honestly think he's gracious, and funny and charming, and I'd probably make out with him in a dark closet at a party (away from my husband) okay... tmi.

I don't care who wins at this point. I'm just disappointed by the entire thing. I miss Gilles.
    Boy do I feel you. Word. Thank you for this. I knew I smelled a rat as soon as Joanna won that Foxtrot relay over Natalie. No rhyme or reason.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3750073;
    Makes you think the Freestyles are going to be horrible. And that's probably true.
    Thanks for the advanced info! At least now I know not to watch the finale since you know that the freestyles are going to be bad. Although I think I'd rather wait, watch, and actually see how they do before I make any advance judgements. I think Kym is one of the freestyle queens. And since Donny is such a Vegas show man, I can only imagine that they'd put together something spectacular. Derek's "best freestyle ever" was overrated season 7 but it beat Lance/Lacey's lame attempt at hip hop.

And a lot of the couples are doing new dances or having to dance in groups. Natalie's rumba was one of the best dances this season, I'm glad she gets a chance to do it again. She was gone too soon.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3749191;
    This season disappoints me.

I'm a former dancer, but not ballroom. But as silly as it is, I always enjoy being happy for the performers when they do well, the costumes, crazy spray tan makeup, Tom Bergeron, the camradarie backstage. My sister and I would often chat during the show critiquing. I love Dance Center, my husband who despises this show, will watch Dance Center. I sense no camradarie between the contestants this year once that football player left.

I prefer SYTYCD, so shoot me. Creative choreography and trained dancers.

Here are my gripes this year: Mya. She is this years Kristi Yamaguchi, but less pleasant, gracious and professional. Of course she's a great dancer, she started out that way and the more I see of her, the less I like.

Kelly. I don't like her. I'm over her act. I despise unsportsmanlike conduct. Yes, others don't act well either, but to jump up and down when Aaron was eliminated was really low brow. She hardly moves when she dances and always looks down. Then she'll look up and smile. In every dance. She looks like she has on cement shoes.

Joanna. Her feet... good god almighty that woman won't point her feet. They hang off the end of her legs like she has no feeling in them. She doesn't have good lines, no core strength, and has gotten carried by the brilliant choreography of Derek and costumes that hide her bad feet. Her hips have 0 turnout and flexibility. It honestly looks to me like I could break her leg off if I lifted it up.

It was a shame that Mark and Natalie were eliminated. They are what the show is all about imo. Take someone out of their comfort zone, who is relatively coordinated or athletic to begin with, and teach them to dance.

Donny and Mya are already performers. C'mon. How can Donny be so praised for his showmanship... he's a showman! I certainly hope after all these years he can sell it! And I like him. I honestly think he's gracious, and funny and charming, and I'd probably make out with him in a dark closet at a party (away from my husband) okay... tmi.

I don't care who wins at this point. I'm just disappointed by the entire thing. I miss Gilles.

I personally would be in favor of a show titled "Dancing With Gilles."

I still for-see a Donny and Mya finale - with a possible shocker winner - and the name doesn't start with an M (a guy has not won for quite a while now) - Donny the underdog vs Mya the can't make all the judges happy gal
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I've been sick of this girl from get go. Her whining about not having confidence got old real fast. Her dancing is horrid, like two lead feet. Her little girl act fooled viewers into thinking she deserves to win. Her phony big mouth grin when the camera is on her kinda makes me feel like I will lose my cookies...ugh. Even worse, her weird parents crying over their precious little baby. It worked. Guess people really do buy everything DWS pushes down their throat. That's how many of these shows survive, convince the masses and they will believe anything put out.

FORT Fanatic

Glad to see there are others who see Kelly as I do. I really hope that she is the one to go this week. She has stayed much longer than she should have already.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3750857;
    Glad to see there are others who see Kelly as I do. I really hope that she is the one to go this week. She has stayed much longer than she should have already.
    She's as good as gone. I'd rather it be Joanna or Mya, as those 2 do nothing for me. But Kelly has a KO cha cha to perform (same as Mya, and same as Joanna's individual dance), and a rumba where she has to do an individual solo (the worst dance to have to do a solo in). I almost wish they had the two step, because at least they could pretend to justify that's why they were kicked off Anyway, I'll miss her and Louis and hope he is back next season, with just as fun of a partner. I'll have to put all my energy into making sure Donny wins after this week.

I think Kym will do a fanatastic freestyle with Donny. I don't think she needs to get all crazy with the lifts and antics. Personally, I'd rather see them change it from freestyle to showdance. At least they can get away with making it more ballroom oriented that way. Because none of these guys are too great at choreographing anything hip hop. Though I'm sure Mya will come up with something.

Is it scary I'm already eagerly awaiting next season? I guess to get this season over with already, and I'm hoping they do something great for it being the 10th season of the show. Besides, it's always kind of fun when the spoilers come out and then the official cast reveal and trying to guess/finding out who's paired with who (and then complaining about it). If they don't do 16 couples next season, and I'm going to hope not, I wonder which pros will get axed.

FORT Fan

Well look at all of us already looking forward to next season! This season isn't even over yet!

Was it the cast this year that is doing it? Is the public voting off the wrong people or are there too many professionals posing as the celebrity? Maybe next season Mya can be the choreographer on SYTYCD.

FORT Fogey

Based on the past two or three seasons what I look to see in the next couple of weeks is the judges in the guise of "pointing out flaws because we are in the semi-finals" begin to actually "nitpick" flaws in order to try and steer the vote in who they want to see particularly in the 4th and then 3rd place.
    If you think back, you will see that is exactly what happened with Lil Kim, Melissa, Lance and Cody. It may go deliberately further back than that, but I can't remember it right off the top of my head.
    If you are in any way doubtful that this kind of thing could possibly be taking place, I will respectfully point you to a couple of comments made in the last few days and weeks:
    One poster pointed out that Warren Sapp was told that "You are the people's champion, but you aren't ours." Another poster later pointed out that behind scenes Warren had been difficult and was aggressive to others, especially to Derek who he pushed into the wall.

Add to that information, the post last season right at the end that indicated that from inside info news had come that Gilles did have the highest number of votes, but a certain number of his votes were deemed "dirty votes", thus disqualifying him from first place.
    Last season I found it interesting that Gilles and Melissa, who were both controversial ( Gilles for his nudity and Melissa for her reality show/DCC career), came in 2nd and 3rd to the sweeter non-controversial and extremely young Shawn when most people thought the showdown all along would be between the two adults.

It will be interesting to watch the judges and see how they begin to try and maneuver people into the positions that they would like to see.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread