+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/03 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 11/03 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

OK, I just found what Carrie Ann was apparently calling a lift. Someone pointed it out on YouTube, that when the guys pull the girl over their leg, it's considered a lift in the Tango but not in the Argentine Tango.

It's at :43 to :44 in this video: YouTube - Dancing With The Stars - Team Tango

I thought it looked great, and Kelly thought it WAS the Argentine Tango. That's what she called it in the interview.

Carrie Ann's fixation with illegal lifts is funny and annoying at the same time but she's not out of place on the show. Nor is Bruno. They both provide flavor and offer something for people to yap about. Len is the perfect counterpart to these two clowns.

If nobody is talking about the show, if nobody is mocking it, if nobody is endlessly complaining and analyzing everything from the pros to the judges to the ringers to the no talent non-celebs, this show is dead. And they don't want a dead show because a dead show means no money. It's really simple. If they replaced Carrie Ann and Bruno with some upstanding, polite, knowledgeable ballroom experts - read boring!! - they might as well pack it in and move the whole smelly block of cheese to the Lifetime Network or public access ratings graveyard.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Premium Member

Well at the very least replace Samantha, I can't mock her because she is just too stupid to mock.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3744801;
    Well at the very least replace Samantha, I can't mock her because she is just too stupid to mock.
    It's easy to get rid of her; I do it every week. Just fast forward through all the backstage interviews. All hail the mighty DVR!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3744803;
    It's easy to get rid of her; I do it every week. Just fast forward through all the backstage interviews. All hail the mighty DVR!
    true that.

FORT Fogey

I just posted about Kelly's appearance today (with Louis) on the Bonnie Hunt show. I think for people who don't know her--or who only know her from the Osbourne reality show years ago--they might find it helpful.

It's on the Kelly Osbourne thread.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3744772;
    Carrie Ann's fixation with illegal lifts is funny and annoying at the same time but she's not out of place on the show. Nor is Bruno. They both provide flavor and offer something for people to yap about. Len is the perfect counterpart to these two clowns.

If nobody is talking about the show, if nobody is mocking it, if nobody is endlessly complaining and analyzing everything from the pros to the judges to the ringers to the no talent non-celebs, this show is dead. And they don't want a dead show because a dead show means no money. It's really simple. If they replaced Carrie Ann and Bruno with some upstanding, polite, knowledgeable ballroom experts - read boring!! - they might as well pack it in and move the whole smelly block of cheese to the Lifetime Network or public access ratings graveyard.
    I agree with what you are saying in theory. I've even gone so far as to say that the bloodbath which was last season, and the all out war between fans of Melissa R. and fans of Gilles, was the best thing that has happened to this show in a long time because it had people talking and ratings at an all time high.
    But there are some things that are just gross and cause people to change the channel (see, e.g. Cloris Leachman). Carrie Ann is not a clown; clowns are supposed to be entertaining. She is a fool - big difference. Fools are just irritating and have the capacity to ruin something that is good.

sdl

Most likely order of elimination:
    1. Aaron (dead man walking)
    2. Kelly (this year's Ty Murray)
    3. Joanna (finals)
    4. Mya (finals)
    5. Donnie (winner)
    The only hesitation I have is that the show's producers really like Joanna, and she is the best dancer right now....so she could jump Mya.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3745038;
    I agree with what you are saying in theory. I've even gone so far as to say that the bloodbath which was last season, and the all out war between fans of Melissa R. and fans of Gilles, was the best thing that has happened to this show in a long time because it had people talking and ratings at an all time high.
    But there are some things that are just gross and cause people to change the channel (see, e.g. Cloris Leachman). Carrie Ann is not a clown; clowns are supposed to be entertaining. She is a fool - big difference. Fools are just irritating and have the capacity to ruin something that is good.
    But she's a fool judging celebs playing around for money. We all know this is not a serious competition, not when the judges play favorites, the voting is probably more rigged than the sails on a tall ship and everybody is getting paid no matter how badly they do. She's "judging" to the extent that the celebs are "ballroom dancing".

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3745044;
    But she's a fool judging celebs playing around for money. We all know this is not a serious competition, not when the judges play favorites, the voting is probably more rigged than the sails on a tall ship and everybody is getting paid no matter how badly they do. She's "judging" to the extent that the celebs are "ballroom dancing".
    Agree with everything you say except the voting being rigged. I don't believe for a minute that it is. It would be a scandal on the order of Payola, people would begin to lose interest in voting, and finally, there are too many reasons why the producers don't have time and don't care about results. They are what they are.

+ Reply to Thread