+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/03 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/03 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3743786;

And nobody I know saw the lift that she spanked the pro dancers for after Team Tango. If anyone saw it, please advise.

I didn't see it. I had no idea what she was talking about.

Personally, I don't consider it a lift when the male is swinging the female around with her legs pointed down and out and the feet come off the ground for a second. If she wants to count that, she better be counting the assisted cartwheels as a lift or when they do the move where the guy grabs the shoulders and jumps over the dancers head. All assisted. All feet off the ground. THAT'S what annoys me most with CA...she is so NOT consistant.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3743877;
    Personally, I don't consider it a lift when the male is swinging the female around with her legs pointed down and out and the feet come off the ground for a second. If she wants to count that, she better be counting the assisted cartwheels as a lift or when they do the move where the guy grabs the shoulders and jumps over the dancers head. All assisted. All feet off the ground. THAT'S what annoys me most with CA...she is so NOT consistant.
    Amen. CA's lift tirades annoy me. As many people have said, she's not qualified to be a ballroom judge, so her being the lift police is extremely annoying especially when Len, someone who knows ballroom, doesn't join CA in the lift bashing.

Another thing that I wish the judges would shut up about is saying the viewers voted the wrong way. Dance has many different varieties. Even though I may vote for my favorite celeb (or pro as is the case with this season), I also like certain types of dances better than others. So if someone does a great jive, I'm more likely to vote that way instead of someone who did a great waltz. Unless it's Aaron, Mya or Joanna. They won't get my vote.

sdl

It seems weird to me that Mya is a professional dancer/choreographer - with old performances on youtube that look like something taken directly from DWTS - but she really isn't all that good on the show.
    I think there are two major reasons:
    1. She doesn't seem willing to learn. If you'll notice, her comments always sound like the judges are wrong, as in, "I don't know what it'll take to please Len..." If her attitude is that the judges just don't "get" her, then she's going to continue to do it incorrectly. If she doesn't like the choreography and does it herself, then she is missing that the partner/pros are there for a reason. Sorry Mya (Mya') but everybody has rules and they apply even to you.
    2. Maybe because I don't like her anyway, I think her personality is completely lacking. She does not seem friendly, team oriented, interesting, or funny. She smiles only on cue.
    Hold on to your hats, but I think Joanna has a better personality, such as it is, and is a better dancer.
    Aaron is a horrible little fruitcake, but at this point he is a better dancer too.
    Because Joanna and Aaron are sincerely trying.
    Last edited by sdl; 11-05-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear;3743613;
    I don't like that the judges can save a couple from elimination. I don't like Aaron and really looked forward to him leaving. He's consistently in the bottom even when his scores are high. Why can't the judges take the hint that America doesn't enjoy watching the kid dance?

Also, I want Joanna gone. I'll be so irritated if Derek wins this year.

I hate how the judges have obvious favorites.

I wanted Mark and lacey in the final three. I'm really dissapointed.
    I guess it's no different from how we fans having obvious favorites colors our views of what we find entertaining, or even who we deem to be "the best dancer". Of course the judges are supposed to be more knowledgeable than us and factor in the technique more in their scores. Sometimes it seems that Len is the only one who does this at all, although it's clear this season that he is also grading largely on the "improvement factor" (probably because of Mya).

It's not surprising that they have all sorts of clauses and small print disclaimers written into the contract, because the judging, voting and blatant manipulation on this show is more faulty and convoluted than couples figure skating used to be.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3743801;
    For me, the single worst thing about the show is Carrie Ann. It is pretty hard for me to truly dislike someone, especially someone I don't even know, but I can definitely say that she gets on my last nerve.
    When she brought up the stupid lift thing with Team Tango, I almost lost my mind. Doesn't she know how cliche' that has become and how she is being mocked as the only judge who ever brings it up - ALWAYS brings it up - even when she's wrong?
    She needs to read the message boards and recalibrate. ABC needs to do some polling and discover that she is a complete turn off. She is a ratings problem.
    Her "woohoo" squealing, high fiving, calling people up the the table, fan girl act is tired. I honestly can't stand her and try to tune her out.
    Just a step behind her, Bruno needs to drop the weird metaphorical references he thinks are colorful, but are actually just annoying. Everyone knows you're gay Bruno, so you don't have to flame it up on every show. He is actually capable (unlike CA) of making an intelligent comment now and then, and I wish he would simply try doing that.
    The judges on American Idol, for example, often play favorites and bicker among themselves, but they don't make complete fools of themselves trying to be the show. They act stupid at times, but generally practice the minimum level of behavior befitting a judge. And they don't get to vote, which is key.
    I can't even begin to break down what I like or don't like about the contestants on DWTS because I'm so distracted by the ridiculous, self indulgent behavior from 2 of the judges.
    I should just leave it at that, but I'm so serious about how much CA grosses me out that I have to continue. Words to describe Carrie Ann:
    unqualified
    unattractive
    one dimensional
    irritating
    conceited
    biased
    wrong headed
    mouthy
    loud
    buzz killer
    loser
    zero
    uncool
    vomit inducing
    has no fans
    10 pounds of crap in a 3 pound bag
    worst of a bad lot
    and without this show, jobless
    IMO, CA is to DWTS what Paula was to Idol - the most useless of the panel.

OK, just to clarify... soooooo you don't like CA ???

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by duckfarts;3744014;
    OK, just to clarify... soooooo you don't like CA ???
    Don't encourage him! I think he needs to go over to SYTYCD and watch that lady judge One time with her, and he be in love with Carrie Anne.

I have decided that for some reason known maybe only to her Carrie Ann has decided that the obsession with the lifts -even when they aren't there- is to be part of her schtick.

Speaking of "lifts", I thought Bruno was going to lift right off and float away the other night. Can he get anymore way out there?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3743923;
    It seems weird to me that Mya is a professional dancer/choreographer - with old performances on youtube that look like something taken directly from DWTS - but she really isn't all that good on the show.
    I think there are two major reasons:
    1. She doesn't seem willing to learn. If you'll notice, her comments always sound like the judges are wrong, as in, "I don't know what it'll take to please Len..." If her attitude is that the judges just don't "get" her, then she's going to continue to do it incorrectly. If she doesn't like the choreography and does it herself, then she is missing that the partner/pros are there for a reason. Sorry Mya (Mya') but everybody has rules and they apply even to you.
    2. Maybe because I don't like her anyway, I think her personality is completely lacking. She does not seem friendly, team oriented, interesting, or funny. She smiles only on cue.
    Hold on to your hats, but I think Joanna has a better personality, such as it is, and is a better dancer.
    Aaron is a horrible little fruitcake, but at this point he is a better dancer too.
    Because Joanna and Aaron are sincerely trying.

Did you see Mya's "package" on about week 3 or 4? She was shown telling her "pro" partner what choreography SHE wanted. And then he went along with it.

I was horriffied and was just sure that the show's fans would see from that who she really is--a professional dancer/choreographer who does NOT belong on a show supposedly for amateurs.

LOL-- When SYTYCD is on, Mom has the fastest finger in the East to hit MUTE when Mary starts talking.... yep, Bruno truly coveted those blue fringe pants, but not as much as he lusted in his heart for Chuck's red satin pj's last season......

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3744053;
    Did you see Mya's "package" on about week 3 or 4? She was shown telling her "pro" partner what choreography SHE wanted. And then he went along with it.

I was horriffied and was just sure that the show's fans would see from that who she really is--a professional dancer/choreographer who does NOT belong on a show supposedly for amateurs.
    We "caught" that, but I am not sure that the audience who casually watches caught it for exactly what it was. I suspect to many if not most of them it may have just sounded like she meant she expressed what steps she likes or doesn't like in the dance rather than she planned the dance itself.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread