+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/03 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/03 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wasn't it Bruno who mentioned the no-content in Mark's cha-cha rather than Len? And he was right: when Mark wasn't doing cartwheels, he was standing there swaying his hips while Lacey danced around him. Don't think that can be blamed on Lacey's illness--this was a dance they'd prepared before last week's elimination.

As to manipulation as to who gets in the bottom three: it's in the show's best interests to promote the more popular contestants, not the low vote-getters. Keeping around someone that the viewers don't care about is detrimental to the ratings. That said, I won't be the slightest bit surprised to hear that ABC has some development deal with the Osmonds or that Mya has been cast in a role in an ABC drama or sitcom. Donny could show up and do the hokey-pokey and not get scored lower than 8s.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Sorry to see Mark go; now there is only one of my faves left (Kelly). I didn't watch the shows this week but caught Kelly/Louis' segment last nite and a few seconds here and there. Colbie Caillat (wish her name was easier, lol) was great. I have no idea how new she is to the music scene, but I predict great things for her anyway.

Hopefully, by keeping up on the threads here, I'll hear about any return appearances by "stars" and pros. I think I read that most will be back for the finale?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3743226;
    Sorry to see Mark go; now there is only one of my faves left (Kelly). I didn't watch the shows this week but caught Kelly/Louis' segment last nite and a few seconds here and there. Colbie Caillat (wish her name was easier, lol) was great. I have no idea how new she is to the music scene, but I predict great things for her anyway.

Hopefully, by keeping up on the threads here, I'll hear about any return appearances by "stars" and pros. I think I read that most will be back for the finale?
    When I don't know the singers ( or maybe the songs), I will watch the dancers. With that gorgeous body, Edyta of course is a dream to watch. Alec dancing with Edyta, and Alec dancing with anybody else seems like two different people. He usually seems rather somber to me, but with her he was downright joyful. That's the nature of love. It was good to see.

I can't say that I was crazy about Mark and Derek's song because I couldn't even understand the words. It sounded like it was one phrase over and over again, but the choreography was fantastic! It was much better than many of the groups that come in with the guest singers.

Rod Stewart is a legend. I love him, and I would have gone crazy to hear "Maggy", but I am a little like Simon Cowl in that I think that sometimes there are certain songs that people are better off leaving alone. Rod Stewart - as great as he is - is not MoTown. I think he should have left that song to the 4 Tops.

All that said, I always look forward to seeing who is going to guest. They do bring in some top folks!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

Add me to those not impressed with Mark and Derek's band. You really couldn't understand the words, at first I thought they were saying wash but then decided it had to be watch.

And yes, Alec and Edyta were the highlight of the show. They are just beautiful together.

It is pretty bad when we are down to five contestants and I only like two of them. Come on Donny and Aaron!!

And please let whiney Kelly go next. Her attitude has been terrible.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3743236;
    Add me to those not impressed with Mark and Derek's band. You really couldn't understand the words, at first I thought they were saying wash but then decided it had to be watch.

And yes, Alec and Edyta were the highlight of the show. They are just beautiful together.

It is pretty bad when we are down to five contestants and I only like two of them. Come on Donny and Aaron!!

And please let whiney Kelly go next. Her attitude has been terrible.
    I haven't gone through this entire thread, but am I the only one who thought Mark and Derek were lip synching?

Short comment regarding Aaron. The public isn't voting for him; he should shine the judges' shoes. I also think he is an reptilian Alien because when he opens his mouth wide, he could swallow a hamster, no problem.

Maybe next week when he has to slow down (hopefully) the judges will side with the public.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3743260;
    Short comment regarding Aaron. The public isn't voting for him; he should shine the judges' shoes. I also think he is an reptilian Alien because when he opens his mouth wide, he could swallow a hamster, no problem.

Maybe next week when he has to slow down (hopefully) the judges will side with the public.
    I definitely think Aaron will go next week, because even with very high scores this week, he was still in the bottom (for the 3rd time), so obviously nobody is voting for him. That said, from your description, maybe ABC will intervene to keep him around in order to cross promote their new series V, which premiered directly before the results show!

I have said from the beginning and have no reason to change my mind that this season has been in the bag for Donny. Can't see how anyone will beat him.

Why is everyone surprised that Mya is still in it? I know she is extremely unpopular on this board, but many fans do not care about the ringer argument and vote for the best dancer, which she still clearly is, even with lackluster performances. I seriously doubt she'll win, but she's probably going to make the finals. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what she'll do with a freestyle.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3743215;
    The producers have in their fine print which they run at the end of the show, the right (paraphrased but accurate) to manipulate things in order to produce entertainment. You notice that nowhere do they claim to have an outside source verify their findings? I believe that they must have felt it was in their best interest for Mya NOT to be in the bottom 3 last night when she probably really was. It is possible but not quite as likely that Joanna was in the bottom 3 as well.

I think that they were using this chance where the judges have distinctive say to move the process in the way that they would like to see it procede at this point.
    Despite his attitude, etc., with his high score Aaron was most likely NOT in the bottom 3 this week, but it was this week that it would be in the best interest of the show ( in the producers' minds) for him to be, so based on the past attitudes of the voting public, Aaron went into the bottom 3 anyway.
    VoteNumber1 had Aaron next-to-last in online voting percentage, with 6.6%. With the exception of Michael, everyone else had at least double that. So yes, I believe Aaron was indeed in the bottom three.

Mya, on the other hand, had 25.51% of the VoteNumber1 tally, so it is no surprise she was safe.

Can you point me to the fine print you speak of? It does not run at the end of any show - I have them TiVo'd and just double checked. It is not on the DWTS explanation of how voting works. Steve Wozniak publicly doubted the tabulated results, which resulted in Conrad Green inviting him to view first-hand how the process works, after which Wozniak remarked on how completely professional it is and apologized for his prior doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3743271;

Why is everyone surprised that Mya is still in it? I know she is extremely unpopular on this board, but many fans do not care about the ringer argument and vote for the best dancer, which she still clearly is, even with lackluster performances. I seriously doubt she'll win, but she's probably going to make the finals. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what she'll do with a freestyle.
    I just hope she will get a personality soon her dances bore me but maybe that is just me.
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3742732;
    Yeah!! Yeah!! Kelley and Louis are safe!!!
    Kelly is very fortunate because honestly she didn't dance that well on Monday. That's the truth!

+ Reply to Thread