+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3741358;
    Frankly I don't think that any of the dancers or stars should be twittering about the competition, period. I don't want to know who was late to rehearsal, whose dance is going to blow me away, or who's struggling. I don't even want to know about injuries or illnesses unless it's so bad that a star sits out or a dancer is replaced, in which case I'll find out about it when I watch the show. Which I guess is why I don't follow twitter.
    That I can agree with. Anytime a celeb/pro tweets about how their dance is going to blow everyone away and that it'll be something like we've never seen and they can't catch their breath, it usually ends up falling flat. But what can I say, I enjoy following their twitters and hearing about what's going on behind the scenes.

For me, this show is as much about dance as Idol is about singing and America's Got Talent is about finding the best talent that can headline a Vegas show. Rarely do the best ever win. And when they're not going to put everyone at the same level of experience, it's hard to really judge and vote for the best anyway (at least imo).

And an FYI, Joanna apparently has the pimp spot tonight (7th) which means Team Paso will likely go first for the team dances.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3741358;

Peacheater: In a perfect world, everyone would probably vote the way you do.

ETA: I second the request for Peacheater's list of the couples she would have voted for thus far. That would be really interesting to see.
    1) I don't vote. I leave that to others. (Although I am voting in our local election tomorrow, as I always so).

2) "She" is a he.

3) Due to ethical issues involving a client, I'm going to be a reader of this board and not a participant for the foreseeable future. It's unfortunate but necessary.

Peacheater - sorry I won't get to read anymore of your posts. I enjoy reading your posts since you know what you are talking about when it comes to ballroom dance and I just watch and see if I like it. Couldn't tell you if there is anything ever wrong with a dance just if I like it or not. I can tell though when the dancers are stiff, jerky, etc.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3741403;
    1) I don't vote. I leave that to others. (Although I am voting in our local election tomorrow, as I always so).

2) "She" is a he.

3) Due to ethical issues involving a client, I'm going to be a reader of this board and not a participant for the foreseeable future. It's unfortunate but necessary.
    Oops, sorry. I have a bad habit of assuming everyone is female until proven otherwise.

It's a shame that you won't be able to post. I look forward to your informed opinions of the dancing.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3741123;
    So it looks like tomorrow (a two hour show again? Are they going to do two hour shows from now until the finale? ) Jonathan/Anna, Alec/Edyta, and Tony/Elena will be dancing the paso/tango demonstrations. The sickness going around hit Edyta, along with an injury, but she says she'll be there.

She mentioned on her twitter that she saw Team Tango and thinks they're going to do awesome. She said she hadn't seen Team Paso but heard they weren't doing all that great. Karina tweeted that she thinks their jive will take everyone's breath away (which I'll believe when I see it) but it sounds like rehearsing has rung them ragged, too. She loves their paso costumes. Personally, I think Michael is the only real weak link with them. Even with Anna coming in at the very last minute, I think it could be better than previous team dances. I don't think anything will be as bad as team cha cha in season 7.

sdl, I can't remember where you posted about twitter, but in cases like this, I love it. However, I'm not sure what the big attraction is. Then again, I'm someone in my 20's that doesn't have a MySpace or Facebook when everyone and their grandmothers seem to, so what do I know It's been fun keeping up with the dancers this season, and they're probably the only twitters I'd ever check. I don't have any interest of reading about when some random guy announces they're going to the bathroom or Ashton Kutcher tweeting anymore photos of Demi in her undies.
    I was looking for a post to find out what terrible thing Edyta said and this was all I could find. So she said, among other things, that she hadn't seen Team Paso but heard they weren't doing so well. That's what the big deal is about?
    In any business I've ever been associated with, that's so mild and nondescript, I'd probably accept it as a compliment.
    Plus, I thought Anna was tweeting that Mark had to learn the Paso on a coffee break or something, so I don't see Edyta's comment as much different than what a Paso team member is saying.
    Maybe Edyta, injured and down with the flu, was laying around and read Anna's hair raising tweets. You know, misery loves company.
    The only thing shocking about this post, karalott, is that I've known you for a good while and I'm just now learning that you are in your 20's, but your avatar says "long live the 80's." I'm not sure that's mathematically possible, but it certainly makes you more colorful...not that you needed any help.
    Last edited by sdl; 11-02-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3741403;
    Ah, tis a sad day. I always look forward to your reviews of the dances. Thanks for all the information you have shared with us for the past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3741521;
    I was looking for a post to find out what terrible thing Edyta said and this was all I could find. So she said, among other things, that she hadn't seen Team Paso but heard they weren't doing so well. That's what the big deal is about?
    In any business I've ever been associated with, that's so mild and nondescript, I'd probably accept it as a compliment.
    Plus, I thought Anna was tweeting that Mark had to learn the Paso on a coffee break or something, so I don't see Edyta's comment as much different than what a Paso team member is saying.
    Maybe Edyta, injured and down with the flu, was laying around and read Anna's tweets. You know, misery loves company.
    The only thing shocking about this post, karalott, is that I've known you for a good while and I'm just now learning that you are in your 20's, but your avatar says "long live the 80's." I'm not sure that's mathematically possible, but it certainly makes you more colorful...not that you needed any help.
    This was Edyta's exact quote: "I didn't see paso team, they rehearsed earlier today. I don't want to be unfair, but I heard that they are not doing great." And then this "But remember it's a life show, it can all change tomorrow. Honestly knowing how hard they work I wish them all good luck." Edyta to me is probably the least threatening of the bunch. I just don't think she meant anything by it. As I said, she's been rehearsing for a pro number for tonight, so she probably talked to someone with team paso. I don't know what's going so wrong as I don't think they have such a disadvantage of having, say, Susan Lucci on their team. Michael's a weak dancer, but with a paso and being with Mya, Mark, and Aaron, I would think it would be somewhat okay. He and Mark have had the paso and did well with it. I would think Mya would nail it. Maybe Aaron's the weak link? Karina hasn't said anything about how the paso is going for them, just their jive.

And Aaron is dancing 6th tonight, so he's next to last.

sdl
    , the 80's is by far my favorite decade. Some people want to go back to the Victorian era, some to the Pioneer days, some to the Middle Ages. Me? I'd love to go back to the 80's. But, I was born in that decade, so my decade of upbringing was the 90's. Best known for the Spice Girls, Seinfeld, Friends, Monica & Bill, Nancy & Tonya, Furby (?), and beanie babies. And some other stuff but that's all I remember We lost some great entertainers in the 90s, though

FORT Regular

Confusion. Louis said Kelly is going 6th.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3741541;
    This was Edyta's exact quote: "I didn't see paso team, they rehearsed earlier today. I don't want to be unfair, but I heard that they are not doing great." And then this "But remember it's a life show, it can all change tomorrow. Honestly knowing how hard they work I wish them all good luck." Edyta to me is probably the least threatening of the bunch. I just don't think she meant anything by it. As I said, she's been rehearsing for a pro number for tonight, so she probably talked to someone with team paso. I don't know what's going so wrong as I don't think they have such a disadvantage of having, say, Susan Lucci on their team. Michael's a weak dancer, but with a paso and being with Mya, Mark, and Aaron, I would think it would be somewhat okay. He and Mark have had the paso and did well with it. I would think Mya would nail it. Maybe Aaron's the weak link? Karina hasn't said anything about how the paso is going for them, just their jive.

And Aaron is dancing 6th tonight, so he's next to last.

sdl
    , the 80's is by far my favorite decade. Some people want to go back to the Victorian era, some to the Pioneer days, some to the Middle Ages. Me? I'd love to go back to the 80's. But, I was born in that decade, so my decade of upbringing was the 90's. Best known for the Spice Girls, Seinfeld, Friends, Monica & Bill, Nancy & Tonya, Furby (?), and beanie babies. And some other stuff but that's all I remember We lost some great entertainers in the 90s, though
    Thank you for the clarification. If that's an insult, then I would like for Edyta to insult me - she sounds very gracious....and I agree with you that the team is strong and should do very well.
    They couldn't have picked a better dance for Michael and Mark. Mya's a pro, and Aaron can be the cape.
    I liked the 80's too. People dressed better. The music was better. The economy was better. John Gotti looked good running the Mafia, and Ronald Reagan looked good on TV.
    I think ballroom dancing employs 50's technique and 80's clothes - I wasn't around much in the 50's but I have seen Ricky Ricardo perform on I Love Lucy.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkberry30;3741565;
    Confusion. Louis said Kelly is going 6th.
    Hmm, and Karina tweeted Aaron is going 6th. Well, I'll guess one is going 6th, one is going 5th. Since Kelly is Team Tango, maybe she's 6th? Just so it'd give Aaron a chance to get ready for the paso. Assuming that Team Tango is going 2nd of the two dances, but I'm basing that on Joanna going last.

ETA: Karina tweeted and said they are going 5th, not 6th. So the last 3 dances are Aaron, Kelly, and Joanna.

Thank you for the clarification. If that's an insult, then I would like for Edyta to insult me - she sounds very gracious....and I agree with you that the team is strong and should do very well.
    They couldn't have picked a better dance for Michael and Mark. Mya's a pro, and Aaron can be the cape.
    Me too. I often wonder, because she has broken English, if she types something or says something and doesn't mean for it to come across like it did. In this case I don't think so, but just saying. She tends to write how she talks. I think Team Tango will win, but Michael reminds me of being the bigger clunker Maurice Green. Maurice lucked out his season being on team paso. Granted, I don't think it'll save Michael but it could be worse. I just think the judges will give the win to tango. The second dance has always won, they have less couples, a worse music choice, but the judges have all their faves together.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-02-2009 at 06:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread