+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

sdl

Re: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3740599;
    My understanding is there are two shows that Mark is involved with, ICA and the Next Iron Chef..also there's more than one episode at a time that's taped. The first time they went there was practise around the schedule as well as guest appearances at a number of events for the NYC Food and Wine Festival on behalf of the Food Network, and DWTS. Lacey excitedly twittered they practise near the Empire State building. That was two-step week.

This time they flew out on the Red-eye, got one practice, Wednesday, then Lacey got ill and had to stay in bed. They barely got the Samba choreography together. Thursday she was in bed 24 hours. As she was ill, they brought Tony in to help with basics, and then hoping she would be better the next day to continue. On Friday they scheduled an afternoon and evening practice, Mark negotiated a replacement for him on ICA so they could get more practise time in. Lacey couldn't do the afternoon..hoped to do the evening. She was fried and couldn't do it. Saturday morning they got on a plane. Anna had to choreograph a lot of Samba.
    Ok, makes sense. Thanks.
    I wish Mark the best. I'm sure he will do well. But I know it has been difficult.
    ETA: I would add that I'm glad Lacey said they practiced near the Empire State Building, which is an incredible landmark, and not in it. I once had to report to work every day for 2 months in the ESB and it completely sucks as an office building. I don't think it's been really updated, or well cleaned, since 1929. Even if she got the flu from practicing too close to it, I'd believe it.
    Last edited by sdl; 11-01-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3740557;
    SDL--you're making me smile as usual.

My own very personal criteria for who I want to stay and do well include--

--which ones make me smile as I watch them dance (Oddly this has turned out to be a nearly infallible test for who stays the longest and who leaves early)

--which ones really seem to be working very hard

--which ones really seem to want to be there and learn.

And completey sexist--which of the men are the most attractive to me while they dance. (My standard is Gilles and Maks so not many men meet this criteria at all.)

I have to second every single thing you said -- just maybe I would move the last one up a little bit! I so enjoy seeing dancers who really appreciate this experience instead of dancers who already have the experience and are just going through the motions to be #1.

Not many can top Gilles and Maks, can they?

Does anyone know the percentage of women and men viewers? The producers seem to cast for each. We usually get at least one good looking man and woman, and one young male or female "up and coming" personality. I'm noticing the pattern more than I used to.

sdl ALWAYS makes me smile too , and I learn a lot that I didn't know and/or realize!

[QUOTE=sdl;3740681;]***************
    Ahhhhh!!!!!!!! I am so sorry.
    Joanna has a potty mouth!! Queen of the f-bombs.
    I don't know why I said Natalie, other than these people aren't exactly household names.
    I loved Natalie though, probably my favorite this season, and sorry she is gone - about her I would say "best legs I ever saw on the show."
    Better legs, I might add, than Joanna who is a swimsuit model.
    The difference, I guess, is that Natalie works out in her swimsuit while Joanna works her way out of her swimsuit.[/QUOTE]

Seriously one of my favorite lines this season!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So it looks like tomorrow (a two hour show again? Are they going to do two hour shows from now until the finale? ) Jonathan/Anna, Alec/Edyta, and Tony/Elena will be dancing the paso/tango demonstrations. The sickness going around hit Edyta, along with an injury, but she says she'll be there.

She mentioned on her twitter that she saw Team Tango and thinks they're going to do awesome. She said she hadn't seen Team Paso but heard they weren't doing all that great. Karina tweeted that she thinks their jive will take everyone's breath away (which I'll believe when I see it) but it sounds like rehearsing has rung them ragged, too. She loves their paso costumes. Personally, I think Michael is the only real weak link with them. Even with Anna coming in at the very last minute, I think it could be better than previous team dances. I don't think anything will be as bad as team cha cha in season 7.

sdl, I can't remember where you posted about twitter, but in cases like this, I love it. However, I'm not sure what the big attraction is. Then again, I'm someone in my 20's that doesn't have a MySpace or Facebook when everyone and their grandmothers seem to, so what do I know It's been fun keeping up with the dancers this season, and they're probably the only twitters I'd ever check. I don't have any interest of reading about when some random guy announces they're going to the bathroom or Ashton Kutcher tweeting anymore photos of Demi in her undies.

FORT Fanatic

Well Anna's Twitter

At this point it is what it is...Fingers crossed.A little luck would be helpful too
    about 3 hours ago from
    I guess I'll be up all night voting.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3741123;
    Karina tweeted that she thinks their jive will take everyone's breath away (which I'll believe when I see it) but it sounds like rehearsing has rung them ragged, too.
    Thank you so much for passing along the tweets from Edyta et al.

You were right to have your doubts about Aaron and Karina's jive taking everyone's breath away...just checked, and Karina tweeted it was taking their breath away--literally:

"Karina_Smirnoff: Just finished last rehearsal be4 the show. Whew! Our jive is taking our breath away-literally. Hope u'll like it. Paso costume is amazing!
    about 7 hours ago from UberTwitter"

FORT Fanatic

FORT Fanatic

Edyta really should think about what she twitters. To comment on something she didn't see is uncool, especially the day before the competition.

If I were voting, I'd like to think I'd always vote for the pair who executed the best dance that evening. Thus far this season, that would be four different couples. Opinions, of course, vary.

FORT Fanatic

Normally, I like to vote for the couple who I think has the most potential. I won't vote for ringers out of principle, even if they may dance the best on a given night.

I figure it will be ultimately extremely difficult for Mark and Anna to be competitive tonight, since 24 hours with a brand new partner and bi-coastal travel is unprecidented in this competition. So I will still vote for that potential.

+ Reply to Thread