+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't really think you have to worry about Mark. The judges may show no mercy, or they may. But then there's the fans and assuming the producers don't try to manipulate the results he probably stands a pretty good chance of staying out of the KO territory. Anna is a pretty popular pro and many were happy she was back and got past the second elimination, which was as familiar to her as her husband getting booted first. Mark also seems to be doing well in most fan polls that I've seen. Now, if there is no producer tinkering then vote #1 has let me down 2 weeks in a row, but Mark has pretty much been in 3rd or 4th on the fan poll there. Anna's already done a samba this season.

With the KO dance, are all having to do a different one? I was wondering about that because I haven't seen anything confirmed. I don't know how team paso will do, as I think they got a crappy choice of music, but I had already given the edge to Team Tango without knowing Lacey wouldn't be there. It's not that I hate Mark, I just haven't found him very interesting to watch, and for me Lacey always seems to be about Lacey. But I enjoyed their jitterbug very much last week, which will probably be one of my top 5 favorite dances of the season. And Mark would currently be in my top 3 simply because I'd rather see him win than nearly everyone else left.

My prediction for this week is Michael and either Aaron or Kelly. I don't think the salsa is going to be a strong dance for her, and even being with Team Tango may not save her. There could be a shocker but every season with the team dances, someone from the losing side gets ousted. And they may consider Aaron a shocker, who knows.

FORT Fanatic

A non-dancer with one day on new Samba choreography is going to be a huge challenge...Dmitry is worried about the Paso Doble as well.

Had a B-12 shot today, still not sure if I gained any energy tomorrow is a group rehearsal, hope we can put everything together fast
    about 17 hours ago from twidroid
    At least the music is better than Bon Jovi for Team Tango

@Andiethewestie we are dancing the paso to: Joan Jett - I Hate Myself For Loving You
    about 12 hours ago from web in reply to Andiethewestie
    Michael will be allowed to re-dance his KO dance if he needs to according to a producer friend who posts at abc.

No question about it, Mark is vulnerable. He has a growing fanbase, but it's not huge.

Marie Osmond may get her wish after all, she's been talking about how Mark should have left week 4, and was shocked that Chuck Liddell left instead.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3740175;
    I actually find them gelling well as a team this season.

This is going to be a huge challenge for him. I learned from a friend close to him that he's worried because he can't teach Anna what he learned so far, of course because he's not a dancer nor someone who knows performance choreography, so they are starting Today from scratch on the Samba. Certainly the judges will show no mercy, so if he has to do the KO dance, and Lacey is still sick, he'll have to do something from scratch. This could be his last week. I guess people on this board hate him anyway, but I've enjoyed him this season and was progressing really well. Unfortunately a student learning to dance can only do so much.
    I hope he doesn't stress too much...he may not can tell Anna what he has learned, but he can demonstrate it, and he can ask for the film from his and Lacey's training sessions. In addition, through the quick process of elimination, Anna can discover what he knows by showing him steps, and he either identifies with them or he doesn't. I think I can understand the impulse to panic, but I don't think it is quite to that point yet!

I could have the wrong end of the stick here, but I think Mark at least at this point is in a pretty good position.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I know Mark was working with Tony, so maybe Tony can come in and help Anna if she needs it. Either way, I don't think they need to worry this week. For suspense sake, they may pretend they're in jeopardy like they did when Edyta filled in for Julianne and Maks filled in for Derek. It'd suck for Anna to be eliminated twice, and one of them not even her partner But I still think Michael and Aaron or Kelly are going to be the most vulnerable.

Derek's band is performing on the results show this week, so who knows, he may be more tied up in that and Team Tango and he/Joanna could suffer.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3740189;

No question about it, Mark is vulnerable. He has a growing fanbase, but it's not huge.

Marie Osmond may get her wish after all, she's been talking about how Mark should have left week 4, and was shocked that Chuck Liddell left instead.
    I think Mark has momentum for two reasons:
    1. His dancing has been very good for the last 2-3 weeks. He seems to be more comfortable out there, showing more expression, and loosening up. I really thought he was animated on the hustle, a huge surprise but a lot of fun to see him enjoying himself.
    2. I've watched all of these interviews that have been posted as links, and Mark is a very nice guy. I get the sense that there's not a fake bone in his body. Sometimes, his responses are a little awkward because he wants to understand the question and give an honest answer, but it's refreshing because other celebs seem to be too smooth and scripted.
    So he really grows on you.
    It doesn't mean that I think his past movies are great or that i love Iron Chef, but he's a good example of someone who came to this show as a relative unknown and advanced his career by quietly doing things the right way.
    Not a lot of people like that this season, so it's very nice to see.

FORT Fanatic

Mark has momentum, but that can disappear in a very close competition, especially with judges who have not favored them.

Tony helped out in NYC with some basics, but Mark has had to scrap all choreography to start fresh.

The latest is Anna T is working her buns off to salvage the Samba, and Mark is pushing, but is physically and emotionally exhausted just arriving today from NYC to LA and is worried, he doesn't want to disappoint.

The pressure's on for Team Paso to look decent as well. Today is the first practise since last Tuesday of the entire team.

Lacey wanted badly to dance, but this virus hit her hard. The decision to pull her off occurred late last night.

If they have to dance a KO dance, Anna will have to teach something brand new to him. He learned a Cha Cha from Lacey, and if she's unable to give Anna the choreography, then it will fall to her to throw something together.

This is quite a bit different from Maks or Edyta stepping in last season, they both had two to three days with the celebrity. Anna literally has less than 24 hours.

Gilles Marini, bless him is going to post an appeal to vote for Mark and Anna on his Facebook and twitter accounts.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 10-31-2009 at 10:21 PM.

FORT Fanatic

If Lacey is well enough to return on Tuesday, she might be able to perform the KO dance with Mark already prepared.

When she gets over the flu is the question.

FORT Regular

Does Lacey have a fever?

Joanna was able to pull off a tango with Maks in 1.5 days so I think Mark can do. Joanna did ballet when she was a kid. Not exactly big dance experience. Mark at least knows how to control his body and has the dedication of an athlete.

I have not voted for Mark and not a fan as he seems dull and Lacey is annoying. But if okay, I may vote for him because I like Anna and Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by cousin_oliver;3740443;

I have not voted for Mark and not a fan as he seems dull and Lacey is annoying. .
    I agree

FORT Fanatic

Joanna and Maks definitely had more time to prepare.

Mark and Lacey took a 5:30 a.m. flight from JFK to LAX...on Saturday a 5 hours flight getting him to LA at 10:30 am eastern time... 7:30 a.m. Pacific, and then he went to the studio, probably wardrobe fittings, changes for the celebrity designed Samba outfit originally for Lacey, fitted or maybe even changed completely for Anna, and then practise the group Paso Doble for the first time since last Tuesday. This has been a whirlwind including a bi-coastal flight over a couple of time zones. Jet lag can catch up with you.

Anna twittered that she had to choreograph a lot for the Samba, so it was teaching, choreographing on the fly. up to 11:45 p.m.

This morning @ 8:45 they were going to work on a Paso doble solo and then it would be off to camera blocking, and studio rehearsal.

I'm trying to figure out if Mark even had 24 hours to learn a Samba from scratch.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 11-01-2009 at 09:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread