+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It must suck to be the celebs in the season defined as 'lack of star power' considering this show has a lot of D-list who? casting I was talking to my aunt who was up from Virginia visiting and she's a big fan of the show. Of course she's all for Donny, but agrees, this season is lacking something. I think a lot of things went wrong that were little but it ended up turning into a big snowball effect that dampened the whole season.

I don't like the judges influence at all, and read an interview with CA where she mentioned she thought Melissa had a ton of potential and was shocked at her elimination. But I also think that it's comical that the judges act shock after they give someone a low score and ding them badly. If they're trying reverse psychology, it's not working

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3739757;
    But Sabrina has experience. Giles didn't that was why it was so amazing.

I agree to have a dance off but then with all the number 2 and 3's. Problem will be who will for instance Maks dance with. He became third with whats her name... Ali and second with Mel B.
    Giles actually studied dance & movement in Paris as part of his acting training, but people gloss over that. He did not study ballroom. Whatever his background, he is a natural ballroom dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3739825;
    Giles actually studied dance & movement in Paris as part of his acting training, but people gloss over that. He did not study ballroom. Whatever his background, he is a natural ballroom dancer.
    Would you mind pointing me to where you found this? I've read several bios on him and all I could find about his pre-modeling career was that he worked in his father's bakery until he finished high school, then joined the French air force where he word as a fireman in Paris. Paris was where he was recruited as a model.

I have really tried to find any dance background for him, but haven't been able to. If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

I just want to add that I am one more person tremendously sorry that Louie is gone. I don't think he was the best dancer, but he was improving, and watching him and Chelsie dancing together made me happy.

I really don't care for this season any more. I will continue to DVR it in case I run out of other things to watch, but it has fallen way down my list.

On the bright side, I've caught enough clips of Castle after it that I've started DVRing it, and I completely love it. So I got something out of this season of DWTS...

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3739841;
    Would you mind pointing me to where you found this? I've read several bios on him and all I could find about his pre-modeling career was that he worked in his father's bakery until he finished high school, then joined the French air force where he word as a fireman in Paris. Paris was where he was recruited as a model.

I have really tried to find any dance background for him, but haven't been able to. If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
    I posted something about it last season. I wish I could recall all the details, but what sticks with me is that his modeling agent turned him on to model/acting program which included dance/movement training.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3739890;
    I posted something about it last season. I wish I could recall all the details, but what sticks with me is that his modeling agent turned him on to model/acting program which included dance/movement training.
    Thanks for the reply. Most successful models do get some kind of movement training so they can go from pose to pose in front of the camera. I do think Gilles just has the natural dance gene and the freedom to just go for it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

It will be a stressful week for Mark and Lacey... she is quite ill so Anna T. is going to be replacing her. Anna just has today to learn the choreography.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Anna will do just fine. I'm sorry Lacey's sick, but am glad Anna gets to fill in So it looks like instead of injuries this season, the cast is getting hit by the flu.

FORT Fan

I'm not too worried about Anna learning the choreography. She will probably be nicer to Mark too. I find Lacey very rude and condesceding toward him.

FORT Fanatic

I actually find them gelling well as a team this season.

This is going to be a huge challenge for him. I learned from a friend close to him that he's worried because he can't teach Anna what he learned so far, of course because he's not a dancer nor someone who knows performance choreography, so they are starting Today from scratch on the Samba. Certainly the judges will show no mercy, so if he has to do the KO dance, and Lacey is still sick, he'll have to do something from scratch. This could be his last week. I guess people on this board hate him anyway, but I've enjoyed him this season and was progressing really well. Unfortunately a student learning to dance can only do so much.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 10-31-2009 at 05:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread