+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary;3737871;
    Unlike the majority here I really like Melissa Joan Hart and I think she was a better dancer than either Michael, Louie, or Kelly and I sure did hope she stayed beyond professional - Mya and make me gag - Joanna! Because I am old, I also love Donnie Osmond and hope he makes it to at least the final two!

I like Melissa too, she's so sweet, nice, think she was a better dancer that Michael and Louie, Kelly........no. Mya, hope she gets the boot, same with Joanna.

Donny, he's doing great and I believe he wants to win.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3737880;
    Michael actually did better than I thought he would. He didn't walk it through, but tried to put some wiggle in it.
    Yes, I thought he did very well. Only 1 day to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3737885;
    C'mon Louie! Bring it in the jive! Your personality can top Michael's.

Louie says he liked the fun of the jive, so that's why he went for it.

Yeah, personality is going to win with the judges, and it looks like Louie is a goner

Dance wise that was actually better than his first jive.
    Sorry but I disagree. Louie danced okay but was hesistant both nights and a little sloppy, steps weren't sharp, precise enough.

He's a nice guy, sweet, friendly but he really hasn't put enough effort into his learning to dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3737944;
    I'll probably stick around, though if Kelly and Donny go, I have 2 people I'm rooting against and the others that I just don't care about. So basically I'll root for the ringer and look forward to her planned fake surprised reaction to winning.

Louie/Chelsie looked so disappointed. I think they were confident about their dance. 30 seconds really isn't long enough for that. Hopefully this is a trial thing that they won't bring back. He wasn't the best dancer, but Michael isn't any better. And I think both are entertaining, which is the only thing this season has going for me.
    If I was in a dance off, I wouldn't do such a fast paced number....you mess up and you're out, only have 30 seconds. I'd do an averaged paced number to the best of my ability.

Originally Posted by Jasmine305
    I think the judges went with the most popular guy on set not the best dancer in the dance off. Bah

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3737952;
    For the past couple of weeks Louie has walked his dances. Michael at least attempted to do the dance with the weak instruction his partner gave him.
    Exactly. Michael danced his last 3 dances very well, last week and twice this week. Louie didn't, he walked his dances the last 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Frizzy;3738174;
    Maybe it was just me, but Carrie Ann looked upset at the end when she chose to save C. Hightower/Michael. To me Louie had the best dance-off. He may not have been perfect but he had great footwork. He comes across as so humble. Loved that he said that at least he tryed to do something outside of his comfort zone. He's a professional snowboarder, not a dancer and someone like this is what I look for to win but they don't. It's usually always someone with dance background. Not enjoying this season at all, except for the Louie's and others who do not have dance as a listing on the experience.
    I want to respectfully disagree, and this is why I continue to have hope. Those with dance experience can go far, but they haven't really won. I honestly don't know if Kelly Monaco had dance experience or not, but that was the first season. Drew Lachey, yes. But then, Emmit, Helio, Apolo - none of them did. I don't think Brooke did. Kristie and Shawn - I guess it depends on the position you take on whether an ice skater and a gymnast have experience - I personally didn't consider them experienced. So for the most part, the stars with dancing experience do not end up winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3738072;
    I think I've figured out what the producers should do to please the masses:

So next season lets hope for a bunch of fan favorite celebs who can't dance worth a crap but very entertaining in a 'Casper Milk-toast' way; have never been photographed in anything revealing (unless he is a hunk of a guy), have never been within a mile of the Playboy mansion, and definitely have never appeared on reality TV.

Then eliminate any pro who has won previously, but do not bring in any pro who has danced on another reality TV dance show.

Now everyone would be happy... Right?

(I'd be happy if they did this so I could recover three hours in my week)
    LOL! What "I" would like to see is "stars" with about the same level of dance experience, i.e. little to none. We all enjoyed Louie. He didn't do well, but how many here didn't ENJOY watching him give it his all. I have no problem with the judges having the control they have, IF the playing field is level. I think they should have that control. If it were mostly a popularity contest, Louie would still be there. I would enjoy the show more this way - without the ringers, and I believe ABC could find the contestants to interest us. If we want to see perfect dances, we still have the pros to watch!

As it is now, I've lost interest. Shawn and Gilles were perfect for the finalists last season, both coming in with little dance experience. The jury for me is out on Melissa (last season). IMHO only, her ballet background gave her a little edge in handling the gracefulness of the dances. As it is now, I don't know what background Joanna has in dance, but I wouldn't be surprised if she took dance as a young girl. And again, I believe anyone who took dance as a child has an edge over the others.

I'd rather be entertained by a roomful of Ty's, Louie's, Natalie's, and Melissa's (this season), and see how far they could go!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3738175;
    I agree with the first poster who suggested that Natalie was "helped" off last week with the aid of the first spot, poor music, and a poor costume. Because she had so much more potential than some of the others, she however was a bit of a surprise boot which since she had not previously even been in the bottom 2 might have been the producers' intention. Drama!

I very highly suspect that Louie may have been set up to be voted off by the judges, but not because they don't like him - he is extremely likable. However, the judges and posters have commented over and over that he has "walked through his dances." In addition, on Monday night he dropped Chelsie completely on the floor on her rear once, and all but another time. I don't think I have ever seen that, and I suspect that might be considered a bit of a cardinal sin.

However, despite the judges' low scores, on Vote#1 Louie scored right up there on the top as a favorite the last 2 or 3 weeks. I believe that the producers and the judges were looking ahead and could see that they could potentially end up with a problem - the extremely popular Louie, who let's face it really can not dance very well at all, could have ended up in the top 2 which is simply NOT right.
    Yes! This is an entertainment show which combines dancing and popularity, but inherent in the concept is that the final winner - whether it be a Gilles who learned dancing basically from scratch or a Kristi who learned dancing on the ice - is a very GOOD dancer.

Therefore, since the judges had the power last night, I believe that they took the last 3 contestants, and they manipulated the outcome. Melissa went in the outright elimination, and Louie who danced the same two or three steps well over and over (Len's comment of not enough content) went in the Judge's choice of a dance off. That eliminated the potential problem of Louie making it to the final 2.

Michael - who is also well liked - never however scored outrageously high on Vote#1. Therefore, Michael will not be a threat to end up in the top 3 when he technically should not be.

Your post makes sense of this whole show setup! I would not be surprised if Louie was in first place with the popular vote.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3738141;
    Do you think it's that or the other way around? I kind of thought they added this in to avoid the Marie/Ty situation. I was not a fan of Marie, really loved Ty for his personality, but at the end of the day, he was not a contender to win. I remember the judges actually getting irritated and continually voting him lower and lower but the fans saved him every week. So maybe its both - they don't want a strong dancer going home too early and, even though they tell us to vote for our favorites, they don't want a fan favorite who can't dance stay too long. I really think that is why Louie went last night - the judges knew this might be their once chance to get him off - so they took it.
    I think it's both. Of course, they have to make sure both end up in the DO. Imagine if Aaron and Mya ended up down there. The show alone knows how everyone is doing with the audience vote. I think last night's reaction, or lack there of, when Melissa was voted off, shows either how little interest people have in this season or that no one cared. I do think that there's manipulation with the outcome, and I tend to believe that's how they saved Michael over the big fan favorite Louie. And I realized Louie was in the bottom 2 but between the two, I think he had a better chance of getting through big time with the fan votes afte realizing he was that close to leaving. Anna D. took a safer approach with their DO, which paid off. I expect Michael to be in the DO again next week, and probably won't survive, because I think the judges want to save anyone else. I believe Michael has been in jeopardy these last few weeks. I don't believe Joanna was last week. I believe that mambo dance off was nothing more than a way to ensure their favorites were saved. I don't believe Aaron or Joanna are scoring well with the fan votes, and I don't think Kelly is, either. If they have to send Kelly home they'll probably curse the audience, cry, and package it as a shocker. I also agree with those who say Natalie got hosed, but I think she was a threat to their favorites. Why bother voting with this show?

Next week the team dances return, and it looks like I wasn't missing any couples, they are going to be uneven in numbers: Team Tango is reportedly Joanna/Derek, Donny/Kym, and Kelly/Louis. I don't know what the other team of Aaron/Karina, Michael/Anna, Mark/Lacey, and Mya/Dmitry are dancing.

sdl

This season is so weak that I have taken to watching performances from years past. A few observations:
    1. They used to have a different band director, and sounded better.
    2. It was weird seeing Julianne bring in Derek, who was not on the show yet, to help coach Apollo. Derek was cool then.
    3. Samantha was quieter, which was better, and wasn't so lean and muscular, which was hotter.
    4. I've always wondered what the big deal was with Sabrina Bryan - I didn't watch the show back then - but Holy Smokes! That girl was a better dancer on night one than most of the champions were in the finale. If you haven't watched her, check out her chacha and rumba on youtube. All I can say is wow, fabulous.
    Having said that, Sabrina was almost as much of a ringer as Mya - she danced on stage and in videos with the Cheetah girls. Kind of like Lance and Joey, except she totally got ballroom, instantly.
    And Sabrina puts Mya to shame, in terms of personality, dancing, likability, technique, showmanship, and interest level.
    So I guess not all ringers are created equal.

+ Reply to Thread