+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Oh Noooooo!!! Not Louie!!

I'll miss Louie. I too loved his energy and his enthusiasm.

And I too thought he was improving.

In any event I am so glad to have seen him dance and to get to know him even a littlle bit. I've not followed snowboarding before--but now I will be on the watch for Louie.

May all things in his life go well..

It will be a long time before I forget that dazzling smile of his.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3738085;
    Why did Mark Ballas look so unhappy and disconnected. He didn't have anything to say in the interviews and was not looking at all like he wanted anything to do with his celeb. It was just very noticeable the difference in his behavior.
    I noticed this too. To me his look said, "how dare you eliminate me ... and her too."

People were mentioning they had issues voting. I voted online yesterday morning and had no issues. Threw all my votes to Kelly.

FORT Fanatic

Oh well with Melissa and Natalie gone, my favorites are fading fast. I am still pulling for Donny and Aaron and guess my other votes will now go to Mark, even though Lacey bugs me.

I think Michael and Kelly will be the next to go, but would love to see Mya or Joanna out. Can't see the judges letting that happen though. For some reason, they seem to have all jumped on the Joanna bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3738051;
    Since we're talking about the two stooges and Len here, I couldn't agree more. I said before, I think this dance off isn't a bad idea, just a few seasons too late. If it's meant to avoid a Sabrina type situation they need the Sabrina person in the bottom 2 in the first place. This was planned before the season started, but it seems more like an attempt to just keep the producers favorites in that may not be doing well with the fan voting. I really believe Michael was kept more because they figure they can justify getting rid of him next week in the dance off. Louie may have had more fans voting more intensely to keep him in if they found out he was in danger this week. I actually question if the official low vote getter really is, or if it's just the way of the judges putting someone weaker in the dance off like Michael to keep their favorite in. I mean, I can believe Melissa had the lowest number of votes this week. But next week, I may wonder if Michael just happens to be in the dance off again against someone like Kelly or Aaron.

What kills me more is when the audience is obviously upset with the outcome, CA just rolls her eyes, throws her hands up, and says 'you should have voted'. I'd like to tell her she needs to keep her jaw off the floor when the little young male dancers are out there, remember this ballroom not her Fly Girl moves, and that she's the most lopsided one in her scoring that she can only criticize lifts that makes it seem like she's looking for actual dancing. I didn't really ever notice the bias and favoritism until season 6, but it's really gotten worse every season. And this season, if that competition mambo where Joanna gets a 10 for her head between Derek's legs, it seems like it's even more of a popularity contest with the judges. As I said in the episode thread last night, some of those couples should have just said to heck with it and sat out.

I'd add Donny/Kym to the list, though it's rare Kym doesn't get along with her partners. Something does seem odd this season. I don't really buy there's that much chemistry with Joanna/Derek like his past partners, but he does a good show. He's a pro, though. Mark looked ever the gracious loser tonight but I felt for Melissa at different points during this season because when they had a bad night, he looked like he wanted to be as far away from her as he could. Another reason I think casting his girlfriend would be a mistake. Lacey I think has been a bit of a brat to Mark for no real reason, and she just doesn't seem to have any interest. Every elimination week she has the same blank look on her face and always reacts in shock when they're announced safe. I'm wondering if she wants off. I had heard backstage that things aren't as friendly as normal. Many believe that has to do with the number of couples it started off with. Aaron seems like the most disliked contestant ever. Karina seems different now than when the season started, but maybe the Aaron backlash and the break up with Maks started taking its toll on her. On the plus side, Chuck seemed to bring out a new side to Anna T., just like Kelly has with Louis.

And I'm still going with the theory that they're going to set it up to look like a Donny win and he either finishes in second to someone that was the winner all along but comes as a shock (poor Kym if she finishes in 2nd again ) or he's a shocking pre-finale elimination.
    Do you think it's that or the other way around? I kind of thought they added this in to avoid the Marie/Ty situation. I was not a fan of Marie, really loved Ty for his personality, but at the end of the day, he was not a contender to win. I remember the judges actually getting irritated and continually voting him lower and lower but the fans saved him every week. So maybe its both - they don't want a strong dancer going home too early and, even though they tell us to vote for our favorites, they don't want a fan favorite who can't dance stay too long. I really think that is why Louie went last night - the judges knew this might be their once chance to get him off - so they took it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by twinkletoes;3738116;

People were mentioning they had issues voting. I voted online yesterday morning and had no issues. Threw all my votes to Kelly.
    Want to add that I couldn't vote at all by internet yesterday. I got the same timing out message that others mentioned. For several hours.

I'm happy with those who went home, though I'm surprised Melissa was in the very bottom. I thought sure Mark's fans would help keep her in. If Joanna goes next, I'll be even happier.

I take it Melissa and Louie were eliminated?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3738154;
    I take it Melissa and Louie were eliminated?
    Yes, Melissa had the lowest combined score of the 3 lowest, and was eliminated first. Michael and Louie did a dance-off and the judges voted Louie off.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3738072;
    I think I've figured out what the producers should do to please the masses:

So next season lets hope for a bunch of fan favorite celebs who can't dance worth a crap but very entertaining in a 'Casper Milk-toast' way; have never been photographed in anything revealing (unless he is a hunk of a guy), have never been within a mile of the Playboy mansion, and definitely have never appeared on reality TV.

Then eliminate any pro who has won previously, but do not bring in any pro who has danced on another reality TV dance show.

Now everyone would be happy... Right?

(I'd be happy if they did this so I could recover three hours in my week)
    Works for me. And you throw a few Gilles in there, who had it all.

Maybe it was just me, but Carrie Ann looked upset at the end when she chose to save C. Hightower/Michael. To me Louie had the best dance-off. He may not have been perfect but he had great footwork. He comes across as so humble. Loved that he said that at least he tryed to do something outside of his comfort zone. He's a professional snowboarder, not a dancer and someone like this is what I look for to win but they don't. It's usually always someone with dance background. Not enjoying this season at all, except for the Louie's and others who do not have dance as a listing on the experience.
    It's got to be love.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3737933;
    First Natalie, now Louie! I am not picking a fave anymore!

I think Anna is doing great with Michael given she is a new pro this year!
    I agree with the first poster who suggested that Natalie was "helped" off last week with the aid of the first spot, poor music, and a poor costume. Because she had so much more potential than some of the others, she however was a bit of a surprise boot which since she had not previously even been in the bottom 2 might have been the producers' intention. Drama!

I very highly suspect that Louie may have been set up to be voted off by the judges, but not because they don't like him - he is extremely likable. However, the judges and posters have commented over and over that he has "walked through his dances." In addition, on Monday night he dropped Chelsie completely on the floor on her rear once, and all but another time. I don't think I have ever seen that, and I suspect that might be considered a bit of a cardinal sin.

However, despite the judges' low scores, on Vote#1 Louie scored right up there on the top as a favorite the last 2 or 3 weeks. I believe that the producers and the judges were looking ahead and could see that they could potentially end up with a problem - the extremely popular Louie, who let's face it really can not dance very well at all, could have ended up in the top 2 which is simply NOT right.
    Yes! This is an entertainment show which combines dancing and popularity, but inherent in the concept is that the final winner - whether it be a Gilles who learned dancing basically from scratch or a Kristi who learned dancing on the ice - is a very GOOD dancer.

Therefore, since the judges had the power last night, I believe that they took the last 3 contestants, and they manipulated the outcome. Melissa went in the outright elimination, and Louie who danced the same two or three steps well over and over (Len's comment of not enough content) went in the Judge's choice of a dance off. That eliminated the potential problem of Louie making it to the final 2.

Michael - who is also well liked - never however scored outrageously high on Vote#1. Therefore, Michael will not be a threat to end up in the top 3 when he technically should not be.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread