+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

sdl

Re: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3736762;
    I will NEVER forget Cheryl's tango with Gilles.

Never.

As for that Cloris/Corky wig thing--cut it out man,. you guys are grossing me out!
    That last line was so funny....thanks.

I just spent an hour goofing around on youtube, and I had forgotten:
    Lance Bass - mambo and jive. Both awesome.
    Gilles - salsa. The one where Len said he wished he had an 11 paddle.

And Cousin Oliver, you are probably right about Kristi's fan base. I think my main point was that Kristi was the only star that Mark did not out dance.

sdl

As we enter tonight's telecast, I just want to confirm something:
    Is it possible that there hasn't been one really positive comment on Aaron, Melissa, Mya, Joanna or Michael in the past few weeks?
    Guys, that's more than half of the remaining cast......
    I wonder if the rest of the audience thinks like we do. Well, based on the ratings, I guess they do.
    Yikes, I'll bet there is some casting geek at ABC who nobody wants to be caught with in public. That guy must make the Maytag repairman look like the Prom King.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Mark made me feel sorry for Kim Kardashian after thinking about it. No, I don't like her or her family, but I don't think he was all that nice to her. And I beleive it was partly because he knew he had no shot at winning so it's like he didn't care. Kim seemed to be a bundle of nerves, and considering she's infamous for her sex tape, who would have thought she would have had a problem with the sexy part of the dances. I don't think they got along to begin with, but really, he didn't seem to hide the fact he didn't care.

Is it possible that there hasn't been one really positive comment on Aaron, Melissa, Mya, Joanna or Michael in the past few weeks?
    I wonder if the rest of the audience thinks like we do. Well, based on the ratings, I guess they do.
    Yikes, I'll bet there is some casting geek at ABC who nobody wants to be caught with in public. That guy must make the Maytag repairman look like the Prom King.
    I think the producers were expecting a Gilles, a Ty, and a Shawn to emerge and they didn't. Well, Louie could be the new Ty, and potentially Kelly, but I think they were contestants the producers probably thought would be early outs. Yet they, along with Chuck, turned into fan favorites, which is why I think it'll be worse if Kelly or Louie goes home as the result of the DO by the judges. Michael isn't exactly getting a reputation for being Emmitt, Jason, Jerry, or Warren, and even LT (who rivaled Len in terms of being the biggest group puss) were and probably will be more memorable. Joanna isn't bringing her Superstars drama and attitude that she says she was cast for. MJH and Aaron don't have the former tween nostalgia working for them. The rest? Meh. And then there's Donny.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-26-2009 at 07:05 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3736786;
    I have been nodding my head with most of what you have been saying in the last few posts, but I wanted to comment with a couple of thoughts. First, I feel compelled to mention again how sensual I thought Joanna and Maks dancing together were. That was one of the few times that I have figuratively sat up, and my inner feminine self said, "Whoa!"
    That has to be combined with the idea that I am well aware that both of those participants are well capable of copping an attitude that would turn me off five ways to next Sunday. That I can ignore their attitudes completely indicates how totally romantic the two of them came across to me.

Second, I thought I remember reading that Corky didn't want to compete on the show. He was "talked" into it based on the contestant being Cloris - her age, her "character", and his unique blend of age, experience, and personality. In effect, although he of course was paid, it was more of a favor to the producers than a boon to him to dance on the show.
    Next, I am thinking that I also read he was given a certain amount of latitude to "camp it up" with Cloris because of her age and circumstances.
    Of course, there is always going to be some kind of censorship, and rightly so. The wig bit was too over the top and too tasteless for the show.
    Finally, remember the inside info (idea) that some contestants were more or less guaranteed that they would be allowed to stay a certain length of time? If that is true, it certainly doesn't stretch my imagination to believe that Cloris fits in that category. She has her place in Hollywood's history, and although people got irritated with her, she provided drama and entertainment which is part of what the producers strive hard to obtain.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread