+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I like Derek and Mark a lot! I am not on the anti-Ballas/Hough train at all. They are talented families who have dominated the show because of that. They are also fun, positive, and good with their partners. I hate when I see one of the pros acting like a jerk to their partner to the point of making their experience miserable. That is obviously what happened with Natalie, who had the potential to win with Derek or Mark. I hope one of them wins again.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3736526;
    From Tom's own mouth-Cloris wasn't originally going to throw her wig off. Corky was going to have it attached in between his legs and have Cloris rip it off from there. Obviously ABC vetoed the idea. What scared me is Corky hammed it up more than Mark. I thought their dances were a laughingstock and kind of gross, and way overscored considering they penalized the others who could and were actually trying. I liked Mark during his first season with Sabrina. But with Kristi came the guppy face poses and the overacting with the facial expressions and dancing. At least in Kristi's case it didn't look too obvious that he was outdancing her. But I agree, since then Mark let that go to his head.
    I read something about Corky having the wig attached between his legs and it was so gross I guess I assumed it couldn't possibly be true. But if Tom said it, wow, now I'm wondering if Corky is as far gone as Cloris.
    Their appearance was the low point for me in the history of the show....but I thought Cloris was the crazy one.
    Quite frankly, what I want from the pros is for them to do their jobs - teach the celebs and showcase them in the best possible light. It's a problem whenever they start trying to be the "stars."
    As an example, not everyone loves Cheryl Burke, but I do believe that she choreographs to make her partner look good, as does Kym....but not Lacey.
    I think Lacey is talented, but she wants to be the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3736214;

Derek, Julianne, and Mark are all fabulous dancers who are fantastic at what they do and are a joy to watch. They have also all had their turns at winning - twice. It is somebody else's turn.... Next!
    Since I made the original comment about "the Wonder Triplets", I wanted to say that I have nothing against them personally (although I guess other do), but I agree with Bloomers that they have monopolized the win column since season 4, and I would like to see another pro get the mirrorball this time.

They are all 3 fabulous dancers, but they have also lucked out with talented and/or popular partners more often than not, not to mention all 3 have developed considerable fan bases themselves, which at times have kept them in the competition longer than the pairing deserved.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3736569;
    I read something about Corky having the wig attached between his legs and it was so gross I guess I assumed it couldn't possibly be true. But if Tom said it, wow, now I'm wondering if Corky is as far gone as Cloris.
    Their appearance was the low point for me in the history of the show....but I thought Cloris was the crazy one.
    Quite frankly, what I want from the pros is for them to do their jobs - teach the celebs and showcase them in the best possible light. It's a problem whenever they start trying to be the "stars."
    As an example, not everyone loves Cheryl Burke, but I do believe that she choreographs to make her partner look good, as does Kym....but not Lacey.
    Though I'm not Cheryl's biggest fan, and am glad she was out early this season, I have to give her her due. She's a fabulous teacher and really has that line she draws from teacher to student. She gets frustrated but it's the type of frustration you'd expect from a professional dancer when she sees her partner isn't giving it their all, when they keeping messing up, when they give her attitude. I respect her for her teaching method and I believe that, above anything else, including popularity of the celeb, has been her success. It shows, and she's done some of the best routines on this show. I also agree with your statement on Kym, and I'd also add Chelsie. They take their partners strengths and showcase them while hiding and working on their weaknesses, and don't overdo a routine or dance.

Season 7 in general was a low point of the show for me. Cloris added to it, and it bugged me that others got dinged while she got waaay overscored. Was it because the judges didn't want to seem mean to a woman over 80? I don't know. Good for her for trying, but she doesn't deserve to be put to a higher level because of her age. Tom made that comment on Chelsea Lately. If he hadn't said it, I probably would have believed it was a rumor, too. I'm just ready for someone other than the Houghs and Ballases to win. They have won every season since season 4, and it's time for someone else to get their moment.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3736569;
    With regards to your comments about Lacey, I am in full agreement. Where did she get the attitude she is displaying this season? Sometimes it appears as if she thinks her partner is totally beneath her. During her season with Lance (her first season?), Len put her in her place by saying to her post-routine that she was totally overdancing and was not providing enough choreography for her partner. The show was not about her performance. Maybe she needs to hear this again this season?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3736686;
    With regards to your comments about Lacey, I am in full agreement. Where did she get the attitude she is displaying this season? Sometimes it appears as if she thinks her partner is totally beneath her. During her season with Lance (her first season?), Len put her in her place by saying to her post-routine that she was totally overdancing and was not providing enough choreography for her partner. The show was not about her performance. Maybe she needs to hear this again this season?
    ITA.
    The best thing about this show, in my opinion, are those rare moments when the "stars" are so on their game, and the pros have choreographed so well, that the dances are unforgettable (at least to me as an ordinary viewer).
    Even the pros we question can pull it off when their stars are good enough.
    Lacey did that a couple of times with Lance, and I'll never forget it - whatever that deal was where they had the gothic makeup? Wow.
    Gilles in the Argentine Tango and so many other dances.
    Kristi in the Jive.
    Jason Taylor, definitely, in the Paso Doble.
    Even Warren in the Paso Doble was great fun.
    We've been beating to death how bad this season sucks, which is fair, but here's the saddest part - I can't anticipate a moment like that. I think Bloomers described it as the kind of dance you want to pull up on youtube and watch again and again.
    It doesn't mean that I dislike the contestants this season*, a few of them are very nice, but I doubt any of them can bring such a "moment."**

* I just remembered that I dislike Aaron.
    ** Not even Mya, who is a total pro - now that is sad.
    Last edited by sdl; 10-26-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Lacey is a great choreographer....when she wants to be. The tango she choreo'd for Lance (Disturbia) was phenominal. There's no question she's a great dancer, but she does need to focus more on showcasing her partner.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

How did Kristi have fewer fans than Cristian or Jason Taylor? Kristi was a bit reserved but Mark's odd faces only made Kristi look worse. Whoever said it is that big head is right. That is what is so annoying

Lacey seems to have adopted Mark's attitude this season. She seems to have gotten a big head as well. She acts like her partner is beneath her.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3736733;
    Lacey is a great choreographer....when she wants to be. The tango she choreo'd for Lance (Disturbia) was phenominal. There's no question she's a great dancer, but she does need to focus more on showcasing her partner.
    I think she's done some great routines. I thought her and Lance's tango was by far one of the best of this entire series. I liked their jive, but I do agree, Lacey seems more about choreographing for Lacey than for anyone else. I didn't like the opening number she did for the girls this season, because again, it seemed to showcase Lacey and her style. I've only seen her brother on a couple results shows, but I hope to god he's never asked to become a pro.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3736644;
    Though I'm not Cheryl's biggest fan, and am glad she was out early this season, I have to give her her due. She's a fabulous teacher and really has that line she draws from teacher to student. She gets frustrated but it's the type of frustration you'd expect from a professional dancer when she sees her partner isn't giving it their all, when they keeping messing up, when they give her attitude. I respect her for her teaching method and I believe that, above anything else, including popularity of the celeb, has been her success. It shows, and she's done some of the best routines on this show. I also agree with your statement on Kym, and I'd also add Chelsie. They take their partners strengths and showcase them while hiding and working on their weaknesses, and don't overdo a routine or dance.

I will NEVER forget Cheryl's tango with Gilles.

Never.

As for that Cloris/Corky wig thing--cut it out man,. you guys are grossing me out!

+ Reply to Thread