+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3733027;
    JavaJo--oh me too. Maybe people can find the interview on youtube (Do they have Jimmy's shows on ABC's website?)--it happened right after Jimmy's monologue.

But be warned--it left me with a very sad almost bereft feeling.

As many people here know I really pay a lot of attention to body language--as well as energy readings--and I don't think Alec touched her once during the entire interview even though they were standing next to each other. There might as well have been a wall between them--a far as Alec was concerned--or so it seemed to me.

So very different from all the "touchy-feely" body language we see from most of the dance teams.

I have my suspicions about what might have happened--but I don't want to start any rumors--because it would totally be a guess on my part based on the kind of energy I felt from each of them last night.

"Desolation" is another word that comes to mind.
    I thought Alek looked like he didn't feel well. I wondered if he was getting the flu, too. But I also hadn't noticed any particularly bad feelings between them before, so....
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3732941;
    Mya is a professional dancer and choreographer;... You can also look in the end of the Mya thread for how to find her solo dance performance in the movie "Chicago"
    OMG! That's where I've seen her! "Artistic differences."

Well she's the only one worth watching on the show, but then she certainly kills the credibility.

sdl

I went back and watched every dance from Monday night and there wasn't a bad performance in the bunch....especially if you take into consideration where some of these people started. Oddly, I thought Aaron and Mark, the two that I would most like to forget about, had their best nights so far.
    But I am more convinced than ever that the judges have their scores entered before they even see the dances. I would love to know what promises were made to Donny before he came on the show - I like the guy a lot but there were 3 or 4 dances that were better than his....
    I will go to my grave believing that this show is rigged.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3733589;
    I went back and watched every dance from Monday night and there wasn't a bad performance in the bunch....especially if you take into consideration where some of these people started. Oddly, I thought Aaron and Mark, the two that I would most like to forget about, had their best nights so far.
    But I am more convinced than ever that the judges have their scores entered before they even see the dances. I would love to know what promises were made to Donny before he came on the show - I like the guy a lot but there were 3 or 4 dances that were better than his....
    I will go to my grave believing that this show is rigged.
    I don't believe it was always rigged. And I'd still like to think it's more heavily biased than rigged. I already mentioned the one season I think was rigged, season 7, just to get Derek his trophy. Season 8, tough call, but Shawn's win I can understand. Aaron, his dance I don't think there was much to it. I believe the show intentionally does prop people up with higher scores or to a certain level of hype because they may see behind the scenes that they aren't doing as well with popularity. It could be that's why they've brought the dance off in last season, and now this season they're relying solely on the judges scores. Next season may be like SCD where the judges solely send someone home after a dance off, whether that person got the lowest scores or not, up until the finale. I think CA and Bruno are more in love with the "flash and trash" as Maks and Tony called it. The young hot pros and celebs, the sexy moves, the entertainment value whether it's a proper dance or not. If CA could turn this into solely a hip hop show I think she would.

However, like some ideas, I think it's a few seasons too late. And if this is a way to get rid of Michael, Louie, and anyone else they don't like or who they think is the worst dancer, they have to guarantee they land in the bottom in the first place. I think some of these casting decisions were intended to go better than they expected. I expect LaToya on next season, possibly Jermaine, but I'll be curious if they'll try to up the star power.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3733593;
    I think some of these casting decisions were intended to go better than they expected. I expect LaToya on next season, possibly Jermaine, but I'll be curious if they'll try to up the star power.
    Of course they'll try to up the star power - how could it get any worse?
    I highly doubt that the fat cat with the big cigar walked up to the cubicle of the nerd who used to cast for this show before he was fired last week for incompetence and said, "Listen, here's the deal....I want you to cast the most uninteresting, anonymous bunch of losers we've ever had on this show, ok? Get me the son of a tanned guy, a hermaphrodite who cries, someone from a cooking show who can't cook, a chick who drops more f-bombs than Andrew Dice Clay, an Osmond, an Osbourne, and one professional dancer - because this is a dancing show, got it? While you're at it, cut the budget on the band, dry Samantha's hair with a wind turbine, and tell Bruno to kiss a Mormon. This will be great."

I've been following this show for a couple of years now but this is the first time I have a very bad taste in my mouth and it doesn't go away.

Sorry everywhere I noticed people were rooting for Natalie but still she was the one who had to go?

The crazy scores the judges were giving. Makes me sick. Donny? nice guy perhaps but did not deserve that score.

and there were others.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3733601;
    I highly doubt that the fat cat with the big cigar walked up to the cubicle of the nerd who used to cast for this show before he was fired last week for incompetence and said, "Listen, here's the deal....I want you to cast the most uninteresting, anonymous bunch of losers we've ever had on this show, ok? Get me the son of a tanned guy, a hermaphrodite who cries, someone from a cooking show who can't cook, a chick who drops more f-bombs than Andrew Dice Clay, an Osmond, an Osbourne, and one professional dancer - because this is a dancing show, got it? While you're at it, cut the budget on the band, dry Samantha's hair with a wind turbine, and tell Bruno to kiss a Mormon. This will be great."
    SDL--Thanks so much for these smiles! You seem to know exactly where my funnybone is located.

I really needed a laugh today too.

You're the best.

Natalie was who I was rooting for. I voted for her but it wasn't enough. I am not happy at all but life goes on for me. I honestly can care less to watch the rest of the season though. Though I may vote for Kelly O. since I really don't want any of the others to win...with exception of Michael and Mark. I'll have to think on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3733601;

This post is so funny...and sadly, kind of true.

I'm blanking though..who is the chick that drops the F-bombs?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Joann Krupa--the F-bomb Queen.

+ Reply to Thread