+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Okay, this is one of my first visits to the DWTS thread this season so I need some help:

1) Is Maya really a pro dancer (like Cheryl, Edyta, etc...) because I thought she was a singer?... or does she just have some dance background? Please elaborate?
    2) Are Karina and cocky Aaron together...and what happened to the guy she was with (and didn't she date Mario too?).
    3) What happened to the Olympic record tonight...did they not go on and on about Natalie's achievements (she was more successful (more golds) than their previous contestants)?

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3732921;
    They did. Wasn't he in a chair at the beginning of it? One of my favorite dances of theirs, but then I guess they all were! This season just isn't doing it for me at all. I don't like the Mya plant, and I don't like the judges' fawning over Donny.

Yes, Gilles was sitting in a chair at the beginning of the dance. I too, dislike Mya being in the cast. I know we have had cast members in the past with some experience, but this is ridiculous because she is an absolute pro who actually helps choreograph their dances. Mya, please go home!

I am so sad about Natalie going home. That took me completely by surprise and I was hoping Aaron would get the boot. Natalie had no chemistry with Alec or charisma in her personality and she seemed like she hated Alec touching her. This is what did her in. She did seem like she loved being there, but I guess she wasn't willing to do what it took to stay. I'm afraid I don't get her repulsive attitude towards Alec, I think he's yummy and I would have no problem being romantic with him.

I'm torn with Natalie leaving. She was a beautiful dancer, but the connection wasn't there. I'd love to know what happened between her and Alec that caused so much tension and what I perceive to be dislike.

Why was Karina crying when they announced she was in jeopardy? She's never cried before...she always just looks ticked off. It was weird. In other news, TMZ had photos of her making out hardcore with a pro ball player. Maks' body isn't even cold. Good grief! Get that girl a chasity belt!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but did Maks actually put clothes ON last night?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Think it is kind of sad that the main reason I am still tuning in this season is to see when Joanna and Aaron get eliminated.

Kelly is really the only bright spot this season for me!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3732924;
    Okay, this is one of my first visits to the DWTS thread this season so I need some help:

1) Is Maya really a pro dancer (like Cheryl, Edyta, etc...) because I thought she was a singer?... or does she just have some dance background? Please elaborate?
    2) Are Karina and cocky Aaron together...and what happened to the guy she was with (and didn't she date Mario too?).
    3) What happened to the Olympic record tonight...did they not go on and on about Natalie's achievements (she was more successful (more golds) than their previous contestants)?

Thanks for the help!
    Mya is a professional dancer and choreographer; i.e., she has formal training in both and has earned significant income in both disciplines.

This is a rewrite of a small section from her bio that mysteriously disappeared from her website:

"She went solo before heading to New York to study with Glover in a residency with the famed Dance Theater of Harlem. Soon after, she earned a reputation for improvisation and an impressed Glover gave her a solo spot during a Kennedy Center performance. Mya subsequently appeared on BET's "Teen Summit" and has taught dance to children ever since she herself was 14: "I teach them there's n limit to their dreams."

You can also look in the end of the Mya thread for how to find her solo dance performance in the movie "Chicago" -- basically go to You Tube and search for "cell block tango from Chicago." She also played the role of Velma Kelly on live stage.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3732934;
    Think it is kind of sad that the main reason I am still tuning in this season is to see when Joanna and Aaron get eliminated.

Kelly is really the only bright spot this season for me!
    I'm enjoying Kelly, Louie, and Donny. With Natalie gone that'd be my ideal final 3. But I still think Mya is going to win it all. She had an off week, which I don't think was really an off week, just the judges toning down their hype. I'm curious what this 'competition mambo' Tom mentioned is for next week. He said that they all dance until they drop out I'm hoping that, with two weeks in the bottom 2, Aaron will again find himself in dangerous territory again and finally get the boot. The only thing that could save him is if he gives an outstanding performance the fans come to his aide or the judges saving him.

I noticed at the end when Natalie/Alec took to the floor for the last time, Natalie kind of kept her distance from Alec. He didn't seem like it was him not wanting to be near her, but she looked upset and like she didn't want to touch him. I wonder what happened between those 2 Maybe Alec was relying on Edyta too much advice? Either way, I hope Alec comes back next season. And gets another decent partner. I saw them on Jimmy Kimmell. They weren't in the studio, but still behind the scenes of DWTS. Even their body language there looked strange.

Louie and Kelly are still there! So I'm reading of a double elimination next week......who decides this?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3732949;
    Louie and Kelly are still there! So I'm reading of a double elimination next week......who decides this?
    How it's going to happen (from what I read) is the lowest scoring couple with combined votes goes home. Then the next two lowest scoring couples with combined votes competed in a dance off with a brand new, never before seen dance. From those two couples, the judges, and judges alone, decide who to eliminate.

Karina/Maks broke up over the Labor Day weekend. Why, they haven't said. Maks had mentioned he's betrayed over it and they won't remain friends. Tony, Mark B., and Maks's brother had a video on Youtube that was more or less a diss at Karina and mentioned cheating and how love is blind. Aaron/Karina attended a dance event prior to the break up, which Maks's brother was at. So it's possibly he heard or saw something and took it back to Maks. Karina/Mario Lopez did date on and off, but broke up a little over a year ago (for Mario cheating on her). However, after being seen arm and arm with different guys since the break up, and a rumored romance with Aaron, apparently Karina has now hooked up with MLB's Brad Penny.

I was really sorry to see Natalie go. She was in my top 4 for sure. I didn't know Mya was a professional. I knew she was good but that's unfair if true. At this point I like Kelly and Donnie the most. I can't stand Joanna or Aaron but think Michael and Louis should go before them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3732929;
    I'm torn with Natalie leaving. She was a beautiful dancer, but the connection wasn't there. I'd love to know what happened between her and Alec that caused so much tension and what I perceive to be dislike.
    JavaJo--hi. I happened to catch her and Alec on Jimmy Kimmel alst night. They didn't go on the Kimmel show(as has been usual for the eliminated couple) but were intervewed at DWTS. While Natalie was obviousy upset Alec seemed to barely be there.

I've seldom seen a team in which one person was so emotionally removed. Very hard to watch.

We can guess and guess what happened--but I suppose we'll never know. But boy it is very hard to miss that something went terribly amiss.

Because of the obvious lack of feeling on Alec's part it was very hard to listen to Jimmy's usual tasteless and insensitive "jokes" about their being eliminated.

The whole thing really let a bad taste in my mouth.

+ Reply to Thread