+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Natalie leaving is absurd, of course, and perfect vindication of my opinion that only professional adjudicators should score dancers. (Yes, this leaves out Bruno and CA) Several people gave worse performances last night. At her age, not having the necessary sexual chemistry with her dance partner is not a major fault, it's just one of many scoring elements.

I'm sure the judges will respond next Monday with more honest scoring for the poorer dancers. I'd predict a wider separation between top and bottom. Perhaps Len being kind in his comments to many marginal dancers last night was, in hindsight, a major mistake.

An afterthought: Louie is a bad joke on the dance floor.
    Last edited by Peacheater; 10-20-2009 at 10:14 PM.

What a dismal result. Either of the other two in jeopardy going would have been wonderful. So sorry, Natalie, you worked hard, you really tried. You did have a misstep last night, but it should not have been you leaving.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3732856;
    Natalie was very wooden last night, imo.
    Terrible song for a paso, not great costumes, no chemistry between the dancers. I can see why people sent their votes elsewhere.
    I liked Natalie a lot. Shame she's gone, although not a huge surprise after last night.
    I agree, I didn't like their dance last night at all. I'm sure people thought she does well enough that she'd be still hanging around, but apparently not. I'm disappointed, I was hoping she'd make it to the finals. Acutally I was hoping she would take the trophy, now I'm at a loss.... I don't want Mya, or Joanna to win. I come from the "Osmond" era, but I'm not a big Donny fan, Aaron, ah, no way! Mark is ok, but sometimes I just don't feel it with him... so who is left? Kelly? Let's face it I love to cheer for the underdog, but I doubt Louie and Michael will be around much longer. Wow, I can't believe she got the boot! Oh, and what happenend to the KO dance? Weren't they suppose to do that tonight?

[QUOTE=VelvetRed;3732861;]I don't recall ever seeing someone look so sad (and being so apologetic) about leaving before. Huge HUGS to Natalie.

In contrast, when she and Alec were up on the elimination stage, he looked like he couldn't care less about possibly being eliminated. WTH?[/QUOTE]

That was my thought too! He looked PO'd. Actuallly he didn't look that happy in the last rehersal package,in fact the last two. I wonder if that was some of the problem?? They seemed "off" the last two weeks, I wonder if Alec is a difficult teacher?

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3732841;
    WHOA! Natalie is gone! What is up with America? This one will be debated for a while...
    I would hazard a guess that a lot of people, like myself, tended to completely forget that she was on the show. She seems pleasant but doesn't really have any charisma.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I enjoyed Natalie's dancing so much. Many have posted about her gorgeous legs, but she also has gorgeous arms. I noticed that most last week (their Bolero) and then yesterday's dance.

This is troubling (the judges' scores) because I wonder what happened with these 2 as partners that prevented "chemistry" on the dance floor. And someone posted about the look on her face after their solo in the group dance last night; they said it was "telling". I didn't notice it, though, may have to rewatch for that.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3732863;
    This is the first season where I feel like I'm done with the show for the rest of it. I don't even know if I want to watch it anymore. I don't have anyone as an alternate favorite. Donny can do okay, and I've actually grown to like Joanna a bit. Mark is improving, too, and I like Kelly to a point. But no one left is anyone I want to vote for.

Just insulting when dancers like Michael and Louie stay over Natalie. I still think she could have won the whole thing.
    I knew Joanna wasn't going anywhere. But a bottom 4 where I could care less if 3 of the couples left, and the one I want to stay gets the boot I know people are anti-Louie because he isn't a good dancer (or really a dancer at all). But, he does entertain me. Something that's sorely lacking this season. Aside from Kelly, Donny, and Louie, I couldn't watch if the rest of the show consisted of the other couples. If any bad dancer should go, it should be Michael.

Of course, the couples aside, there's other things that have made this season dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3732871;
    That was my thought too! He looked PO'd. Actuallly he didn't look that happy in the last rehersal package,in fact the last two. I wonder if that was some of the problem?? They seemed "off" the last two weeks, I wonder if Alec is a difficult teacher?
    She seemed so crushed; it makes me wonder about that, too. Maybe he doesn't know how to "build her up" or maybe they just had a personality conflict.

I'm very disappointed that Natalie is gone. My reasons for watching keep diminishing.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I'm not enjoying this season so much as last because you can see clear judge favorites this season. I didn't think that 3 of the couples should have been in the bottom 4. Derek and his partner (even though he didn't dance with her yesterday) was only couple I saw being in bottom 4. As of now I see Donnie or Myia being the winner anyway.
    It's got to be love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Frizzy;3732882;
    I'm not enjoying this season so much as last because you can see clear judge favorites this season. I didn't think that 3 of the couples should have been in the bottom 4. Derek and his partner (even though he didn't dance with her yesterday) was only couple I saw being in bottom 4. As of now I see Donnie or Myia being the winner anyway.
    Mya is a pro. If she doesn't win, that will be even more absurd.

+ Reply to Thread