+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

sdl

Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3730370;
    I agree completely. Really....what other reason do these stars agree to do this show for? They aren't paid millions, so it's not the money for most of them. It's the recognition.

The Dallas Cheerleaders are the most famous cheerleaders in our country. They are revered...lol. Melissa was one. She just happened to be on the Bachelor. If we are going to dog every reality star for doing this show, then I guess Kelly, Steve-O, Kim Kardashian...and a few others should get the same treatment. Add the models to that, as well.
    Oh boy, I really don't want to run down this rabbit trail, but there are a couple of comments here with which I must respectfully disagree:
    First, I think that the money this show pays ($200-300k) is awesome to most of these contestants, who haven't had a decent gig in years. With rare exceptions, these people are not in high demand.
    Second, nothing against Melissa Rycroft, who is a nice person, but pro football cheerleaders are not "revered." Maybe the guys who eat at Hooters and still live with their parents at age 30 buy their posters and lust over their hot pants and false eyelashes, but a legitimate businessman, doctor, lawyer, accountant, whatever, would not brag to his friends that he bagged a "Cowboys cheerleader." Don't they still wear white patent leather boots?
    We all know who Kelly Osbourne is, ditto Steve-O, and Kim Kardashian is one of the most successful models in the world right now.
    Quick, name one other Dallas Cowboy cheerleader besides Melissa. Ever. Name one. They are cute girls going nowhere, dreaming of being famous.
    Sorry to be so blunt, but that's the truth.
    Last edited by sdl; 10-18-2009 at 11:43 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3730485;
    Oh boy, I really don't want to run down this rabbit trail, but there are a couple of comments here with which I must respectfully disagree:
    First, I think that the money this show pays ($200-300k) is awesome to most of these contestants, who haven't had a decent gig in years. With rare exceptions, these people are not in high demand.
    Second, nothing against Melissa Rycroft, who is a nice person, but pro football cheerleaders are not "revered." Maybe the guys who eat at Hooters and still live with their parents at age 30 buy their posters and lust over their hot pants and false eyelashes, but a legitimate businessman, doctor, lawyer, accountant, whatever, would not brag to his friends that he bagged a "Cowboys cheerleader." Don't they still wear white patent leather boots?
    We all know who Kelly Osbourne is, ditto Steve-O, and Kim Kardashian is one of the most successful models in the world right now.
    Quick, name one other Dallas Cowboy cheerleader besides Melissa. Ever. Name one. They are cute girls going nowhere, dreaming of being famous.
    Hmmm, it is hard to speak for all legitimate professional men. It seems to me that last season I ran across a website of Canadian businessmen whose group for fun liked to make a "pick" of their "fantasy" of the month. Their pick was none other than Melissa Rycroft, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader.....
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3730494;
    Hmmm, it is hard to speak for all legitimate professional men. It seems to me that last season I ran across a website of Canadian businessmen whose group for fun liked to make a "pick" of their "fantasy" of the month. Their pick was none other than Melissa Rycroft, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader.....
    I'm guessing that this was after she was on TB or DWTS.
    Nobody knows the names of Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, unless they do something else to try to break out of the pack.
    And again, I am not a Melissa hater - I'm just a realist - and she did get dumped after one month by a short, unsuccessful insurance salesman from Seattle...so that pretty much tells you all you need to know about how hot she is in person.
    All I'm saying is being a pro football cheerleader is not exactly the big time. Where I came from (Dallas) it was a cool thing for girls who never went to college, worked in clerical jobs, and liked being on display in a slightly trashy hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3730398;
    I'm going to go with Peacheater on this one. Are we still talking about Meiissa Rycroft not belonging on the show? Talk about ancient history.
    Here, Here! In reading through the last couple of pages, and seeing this whole debate revisited, I am reminded of how glad I am not to have a vested interest in anyone this season, even if it makes the show more boring overall. Feeling the inexplicable need to defend (or trash) to the death someone I don't know was not good for my blood pressure. Glad that feeling has passed.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3730465;
    Oh this is cute. Everyone now wants to bag on boring Mark and snippy Lacey. Maybe some folks are just a tad worried this is going to be a good week for them.
    I don't think that has anything to do with it. A lot of people have ragged on Lacey since her season 7 debut, and Mark hasn't been a huge fan favorite since the beginning of the season. I think he's a good enough dancer, but I would enjoy him better with a different partner, as I think he'd fair better.

As for the pasos, I'm looking most forward to Natalie/Alec's. And then the AT for Maks, Louie/Chelsie. Oh, and of course Donny and Kelly. But if I could FF through a live broadcast I would through the rest.

I'm going to go with Peacheater on this one. Are we still talking about Meiissa Rycroft not belonging on the show? Talk about ancient history
    All I was doing was making a point....and defending why Melissa deserved to be on the show as much as anyone else.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

And again, I am not a Melissa hater - I'm just a realist - and she did get dumped after one month by a short, unsuccessful insurance salesman from Seattle...so that pretty much tells you all you need to know about how hot she is in person.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3730553;
    All I was doing was making a point....and defending why Melissa deserved to be on the show as much as anyone else.

I agree! Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and all that good type rot; we all see differently, and we value differently which doesn't make one of us any better than the other one.
    I personally question whether being dropped by a Seattle insurance agent who publicly acted less than gentlemanly to my way of thinking and who has not done anything else particularly noteworthy with his life reflects poorly on Melissa, especially how hot she is (but then again I understand we all value differently)- again just to my way of thinking which may be because I too am of the female persuasion. Was he a prize? Does his opinion matter? What did the public say?

Pssst! Just maybe Melissa got the better end of that deal? The insurance agent she is with now is fine looking, and this one is moreover gainfully employed.

Last, Melissa danced beautifully on DWTS. She gave Gilles and Shawn a fair and decent run for the money for the prize and entertained a great many of us in doing so.
    Regardless of whether she appeared on DWTS as the result of the controversial and ignominous behavior of Jason Mesnick, I enjoyed her dancing.

One other little maybe interesting tidbit...I know of at least 2 Dallas now former Cowboy cheerleaders who may not be married to attorneys, but they themselves are attorneys. Not too bad for someone who danced and wore while leather boots, huh?

I have no idea about the rest of them, but I suspect there are more surprises both among the cheerleaders themselves and their spouses!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3730553;
    I know, and I was agreeing with you......then I fell into the trap of arguing about whether pro football cheerleaders were every guy's dream, and came off sounding like I was bashing Melissa. That was not my intent. Melissa was a good dancer, and made last season more interesting.
    Sometimes I take issue with characterizations of what "all men" find attractive, especially when they make us sound one dimensional.
    Anyway, I should have stuck with my original reaction, which was to leave all of this in the past.
    But for the record, not "all men" slobber over swimsuit models either. Some of us have evolved. Sorry Joanna.

Jenni Croft (F2 Bachelorette/Brad Season 11). She is dating a doctor (dentist). She is currently the coach/choreographer of the Phoenix Suns Dancers.
    Last edited by n4692u; 10-18-2009 at 03:58 PM.

FORT Fan

If you like the term, which I don't, they are ALL famewhores. They are all on DWTS to revive careers and get a few more moments in the spotlight, with a few possible exceptions. At the time Melissa was on the show, she was more recognizable to me than many of the competitors (Steve-O, Gilles, and Lil' Kim, just for starters). As a matter of fact, just coming off of the Bachelor, she was the reason I started watching DWTS religiously, even though I ended up rooting for Shawn instead. For me, Melissa is also a bigger "star" than most of this season's competitors (I had never even heard of Mya, Mark, Chuck, Louie, Ashley, Debi, or Joanna!). So I don't see the reason for all the debate over her, even after she's long gone...

Back to this season: I don't understand all the hype over Mark. No insult to his fans, but with the possible exception of the first week, I've found him to be unbelievably boring and not particularly talented. I don't see the huge latent potential some are talking about (of course, I'm far from an expert on dancing, so maybe I'm missing it). I've never watched Iron Chef, so if he's good on that more power to him. But on DWTS I could definitely live without him. I also think that the female pros are doing a crappy job showcasing their partners this season. When I finally watched this week's (recorded) show yesterday, I thought that Michael, Louie, and Mark all walked around while their partners spun and danced. I don't think I saw a single actual dance move from Louie. I'm surprised Chuck was the one to go after seeing how badly those 3 danced. I realize the pros were under unusual stress this week choreographing these "new" dances, but I don't understand how they could possibly think they would do well by having their stars NOT dance.

+ Reply to Thread