+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

What is she doing that makes her a "brat"?

I haven't seen Kelly since the Osbourne show was cancelled. I am going to assume until I see something that tells me something different she has grownup. I am also giving that same courtesy to Aaron also. People are capable of changing and I haven't seen anything from Kelly that says she hasn't matured.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't see what the big deal is with Kelly twittering about Aaron. I don't think there's any love lost between them, so while she didn't have to do it, it's not the worst thing she could have done. I think Aaron's dug himself into enough of a hole this season all by himself.

I've enjoyed following the pros twitters this season, namely to see what's going on behind the scenes. Nearly all the partnerships were revealed via twitter, since ABC wanted to take a week to reveal them. But I've never really gotten the Myspace, Facebook, and now twitter craze.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3729396;
    I haven't seen Kelly since the Osbourne show was cancelled. I am going to assume until I see something that tells me something different she has grownup. I am also giving that same courtesy to Aaron also. People are capable of changing and I haven't seen anything from Kelly that says she hasn't matured.
    Truly. Think back on your highschool friends. You loved them then, would you want to hang out with them today as they were then? No, no, a thousand times no. Kind of d-baggy, loud and obnoxious then, decent, hardworking and kind now (some of you may have had a different experience). It's all part of the cycle of life and I'm always willing to cut idiot youngsters a bit of slack on the assumption that they will wise up some day.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Kelly is still an Osbourne, but she has undergone quite a change since the days of the family reality show. I've seen the seasons that she hosted the UK version of Project Runway, Project Catwalk, and she bore little resemblance to the teen troll who was on The Osbournes. She's not perfect, but I still kind of root for her. She's not claiming that she's going to cure a disease or lead a powerful nation, so I don't really have reason to judge her harshly.

As for the Twitter stuff and the backbiting in the press, the older celebs and the dance pros are doing that too. The producers secretly love it when they do it, since it creates more interest in the show.

All in all, I'd rather she be on the show than her brother Jack.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

I love this. A bunch of double standards. If Joanna Krupa or Aaron Carter does this sort of ridiculous undermining of another contestant then oh, it's not a good thing. Why? because they're just icky.

But if "all of a sudden" golden girl Kelly does it then all is forgiven. And she's young, and she needs rehab.. what a load the show is shovelling and people are buying..

That chick is a cyber bully and totally unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3729659;
    I love this. A bunch of double standards. If Joanna Krupa or Aaron Carter does this sort of ridiculous undermining of another contestant then oh, it's not a good thing. Why? because they're just icky.

But if "all of a sudden" golden girl Kelly does it then all is forgiven. And she's young, and she needs rehab.. what a load the show is shovelling and people are buying..

Speaking for myself only, I don't care what Joanna Krupa or Aaron Carter do either. The whole season is so silly and dull, they can sacrifice a goat on the air for all I care. I'm already looking toward next season, so I'm just not taking any of it that seriously, that's all.

As far as I'm concerned, the only truly evil celebrity already left due to sore feet. The celebs that are still around are small potatoes, and for me it's not worth getting in a snit over how far they manage to get their heads up their own butts on any given day. But that's just me.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

All I've seen her do is criticize Aaron for his comments about winning (which he wasn't the only one to do) and twitter he was late. That's it. Aaron's the one who made the comments about winning, Aaron's the one who went public with his crush on Chelsie and how she turned him down, Aaron's the one who said it's easier not having Maks around, and allegedly he could be a homewrecker. Frankly, it adds a little interest and excitement to an otherwise dull season, imo. And I thought Joanna was a nasty little b***h before the show, thanks to Superstars and her comments in interviews.

I'll agree to disagree. I've seen others make similar comments before in previous seasons. There was even a TMZ report that during a group rehearsal during season 7 (for either the team dance or the dance off) Warren Sapp was supposedly late and got into a shoving match with Derek when he called him out on it.

I like Kelly because she's not a stick in the mud for Louis, she's having so much fun with a new experience, isn't a ringer, and isn't half bad. With the exception of the first episode, I don't think they're playing up any more story line of the bad girl gone good.

I have cut them both slack. I tend not to dwell on someone's miss deeds in their youthful years because I recognize there is a chance for them to grow up and become remarkable people. I have not seen one thing either has done that makes them anything but young people trying to put their troubled past behind them.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

sdl

Let me get this straight.
    Kelly simply tweeted that Aaron was late to a rehearsal, and this makes her a "brat," "cyber bully" who "needs rehab." I think you also referred to her as "pudgie" and her family as "disgusting."
    On the other hand, any suggestion that Iron Chef is a really bad cable TV show, with or without Mark's minimal contribution, creates a very personal, angry backlash that is to be feared.
    I think that is the double standard.

+ Reply to Thread