+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 258

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #181
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    281

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3729084;
    Me too. What I primarily enjoy about this show is watching neophytes starting out like uncertain young fawn and ending as almost indistinguishable from the pros, with maybe a little goofiness (not too much, though - I'm looking at you Donny) along the way. If I wanted to watch professional ballroom pairs, I would watch a professional ballroom show.
    Ditto. Watching them improve, for me, is more important than watching great dancing. Which is why I was never a big Gilles fan last season. No question that he was a great dancer, but he was (to me) essentially the same every week, and that's not what I enjoy watching, at least not on this particular show.

    As far as the ringers discussion goes: Most of the contestants have had some dance experience. I'm OK with that. Otherwise we'd end up with a cast full of Ashleys. Dance training in order to enhance a career in cheerleading, figure skating, gymnastics, etc is OK with me. As are people who dance onstage as part of their concerts, but they are known for singing. I don't see that as being a huge advantage on this show. I also don't see Donny Osmond as a highly trained dancer. He is a singer and entertainer, and as part of that he dances. But that's not what he's really good at, it's just a small part of his schtick.

    I don't know that much about Mya and her history (I had never heard of her before this show). But what bothers me the most about her is the choreography. You have to REALLY know about dancing to choreograph real ballroom dances. Can you imagine what someone like Melissa Joan Hart or Michael Irvine or Kelly Osborne might come up with if they choreographed their own DWTS routine? I imagine it would be a nightmare. For me, that's what sets her apart and puts her in a different class than the others, and I really don't think she should be there.

  2. #182
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    461

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Let me get this straight, people are going to eliminate Mark from contention because of his chariman role on a cooking show?

    Everyone is so gaga on Kelly but I see her as a Brat. Complete and utter brat on MTV, she swears like a sailor and doesn't give a hoot about anyone. But the show is selling the poor little rich girl bs on DWTS...I love it. But she was a complete little biotch this week twittering and gossiping about other contestants being late for rehearsal. Grow up Osbourne. Talk about being fished into the Osbournes money grab scheme. So this week the poor little pudge is dancing to daddy's song. Another grab for royalties, and an opportunity for Sharon to blubber and Bruno and CA to fall all over her.


    Sorry but I'd rather support a genuine person like Mark Dacascos who doesn't speak ill of any of the others, lives a healthy lifestyle, loves his wife and wants to please her by being a contestant on this show, and has a body of work in television and film that any actor and martial artist would be proud of. Look for a DVD to be released in honor of Veterans Day this year,Dancing With The Stars Contestant Mark Dacascos Stars in the New Veterans Day Film - ONLY THE BRAVE. | Reuters and PBS specials on the great Japanese Samurai... Mark in addition to his martial arts work in many films has also done childrens films.

  3. #183
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,780

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3729166;
    Let me get this straight, people are going to eliminate Mark from contention because of his chariman role on a cooking show?

    Everyone is so gaga on Kelly but I see her as a Brat. Complete and utter brat on MTV, she swears like a sailor and doesn't give a hoot about anyone. But the show is selling the poor little rich girl bs on DWTS...I love it. But she was a complete little biotch this week twittering and gossiping about other contestants being late for rehearsal. Grow up Osbourne. Talk about being fished into the Osbournes money grab scheme. So this week the poor little pudge is dancing to daddy's song. Another grab for royalties, and an opportunity for Sharon to blubber and Bruno and CA to fall all over her.


    Sorry but I'd rather support a genuine person like Mark Dacascos who doesn't speak ill of any of the others, lives a healthy lifestyle, loves his wife and wants to please her by being a contestant on this show, and has a body of work in television and film that any actor and martial artist would be proud of. Look for a DVD to be released in honor of Veterans Day this year,Dancing With The Stars Contestant Mark Dacascos Stars in the New Veterans Day Film - ONLY THE BRAVE. | Reuters and PBS specials on the great Japanese Samurai... Mark in addition to his martial arts work in many films has also done childrens films.
    While I can see the interest even the fascination with Twitter and the chance to see into the background of DWTS, I am not in favor of this tattling that we now have going on. It did not start this season, but it has escalated and it is only going to get worse.

    Those of us who are Bachelor fans have never liked the contenders' contract that up until recently essentially and effectively kept them from talking about what happened during their season, especially while it was airing. We relished the tidbits that came through often seasons later.

    However - as opposed to DWTS - by the time we see the Bachelor, the outcome has been decided, and there is no viewer votes or input.
    The DWTS contenders, on the other hand, are allowed by their contract to talk about what is happening even though it may be heavily biased. While that may be interesting, however, their "take" on the backstage situations has the potential at the same time to influence public viewpoints and thus public votes.

    In this case, I am not so sure but that I would not be in favor of some kind of censure of their remarks. Perhaps they should be limited to stating what is happening but not personal remarks about other contestants.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  4. #184
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3729041;
    Everyone in the dance community will have their own opinion on this, sdl. So instead of giving you my personal list for people to dump on, Aaron Carter style, I'd recommend the following wikipedia entry which is rather complete.

    Ballroom dance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanks for the link, it's very informative. I often get mixed up on which dances fall into which categories.





    As someone up thread stated, if I want to watch a professional I'll tune in to my local PBS station and watch the pros compete in "America's Ballroom Challenge". I've had the pleasure of seeing both Tony and Jonathan, and in past years my fave pair was Corky and Shirley Ballas.

  5. #185
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    461

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3729184;
    While I can see the interest even the fascination with Twitter and the chance to see into the background of DWTS, I am not in favor of this tattling that we now have going on. It did not start this season, but it has escalated and it is only going to get worse.


    In this case, I am not so sure but that I would not be in favor of some kind of censure of their remarks. Perhaps they should be limited to stating what is happening but not personal remarks about other contestants.
    Once the news of Kelly's and now Joanna's flagrant disrespect of other contestants has hit the ABC boards the TPTB over they were starting removing threads. This junk is all about pitching fans against fans.

    It tells me more about the people who chose to disrespect, than any content within.
    It also tells me I choose not to vote for any of that nonsense, no matter how well or how badly they dance. There's a thing called integrity, and if Osbourne and Krupa were trying to get some by being on the show, they just blew it.

  6. #186
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3729166;
    Let me get this straight, people are going to eliminate Mark from contention because of his chariman role on a cooking show?

    Everyone is so gaga on Kelly but I see her as a Brat. Complete and utter brat on MTV, she swears like a sailor and doesn't give a hoot about anyone. But the show is selling the poor little rich girl bs on DWTS...I love it. But she was a complete little biotch this week twittering and gossiping about other contestants being late for rehearsal. Grow up Osbourne. Talk about being fished into the Osbournes money grab scheme. So this week the poor little pudge is dancing to daddy's song. Another grab for royalties, and an opportunity for Sharon to blubber and Bruno and CA to fall all over her.
    *************
    Whoa. I'm lost.
    Did Kelly Osbourne say that Mark should not be on DWTS because he has a cameo role on a cooking show?
    Please tell us what ignited this controversy.

  7. #187
    FORT Fan Peacheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    316

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3729193;
    Once the news of Kelly's and now Joanna's flagrant disrespect of other contestants has hit the ABC boards the TPTB over they were starting removing threads. This junk is all about pitching fans against fans.

    It tells me more about the people who chose to disrespect, than any content within.
    It also tells me I choose not to vote for any of that nonsense, no matter how well or how badly they dance. There's a thing called integrity, and if Osbourne and Krupa were trying to get some by being on the show, they just blew it.

    If you were to hear some of the things said by people during international dance competitions, you would thing some of the recent DWTS comments are mild by comparison. A Russian male dancer once called me a "rich American capitalist WASP with two left feet who could only score well by buying off the judges." He could have been right about the "two left feet" part.

  8. #188
    Team DAN schmoo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    O-H-I-O
    Posts
    3,151

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3729166;
    Let me get this straight, people are going to eliminate Mark from contention because of his chariman role on a cooking show?
    I think people were just commenting on the Iron Chef show, not detracting from Mark in anyway. I don't see anyone holding it against him - my opinion anyhow is that he was the only thing worth watching on it.

    but no one is putting down Mark, just the silliness/boredom of that show.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

  9. #189
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3729219;
    If you were to hear some of the things said by people during international dance competitions, you would thing some of the recent DWTS comments are mild by comparison. A Russian male dancer once called me a "rich American capitalist WASP with two left feet who could only score well by buying off the judges." He could have been right about the "two left feet" part.
    ************
    No, he nailed you on the "American" thing too.

  10. #190
    FORT Fan Peacheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    316

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3729229;
    ************
    No, he nailed you on the "American" thing too.
    I was proud of that accusation and the WASP thing, too. It was the two left feet that I had a problem with.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.