+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

With the ultimate compassion I say that it goes beyond any words I can type how unfortunate it is that any child should experience the kinds of things expressed here today. I commend those of you who have overcome such adversities, and I hope that Aaron as well will be able to approach his next and future performances with a better command of his feelings.
    Props to all of you.
    Bloomers
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3727889;
    With the ultimate compassion I say that it goes beyond any words I can type how unfortunate it is that any child should experience the kinds of things expressed here today. I commend those of you who have overcome such adversities, and I hope that Aaron as well will be able to approach his next and future performances with a better command of his feelings.
    Props to all of you.
    Bloomers
    I'm glad you replied Bloomers.
    I've returned to this thread more times than I can count today because some of these notes hit me hard, but I couldn't put together a proper response. It's funny how a discussion about a dancing show can get so personal.
    What I wanted to express was my appreciation for the people who opened up. It's cliche' nowadays to talk about the heros all around us, but they are there.
    I have been reminded that I complain too much about the bumps in my own road, and to quietly work through them.
    And I'm going to heap an extra dose of love on my kids tonight.
    So thank you for all of that.

They're doing a Michael Jackson tribute on next Tuesday's show.Should be good.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3727928;
    They're doing a Michael Jackson tribute on next Tuesday's show.Should be good.
    Mya, having danced professionally with him, should have a great week.
    She won't even have to choreograph a new routine.

SDL,

Did Mya dance with him before?
    I had no idea.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3727964;
    SDL,

Did Mya dance with him before?
    I had no idea.
    Yes, she appeared in several shows dancing with Michael Jackson, and has both danced and choreographed for Janet Jackson. When I was trying to figure out who Mya was, I came across a ton of video and media dealing with her connection to the Jacksons. It appears that a lot has been taken down, but you can still find some of the old dance videos.
    Once you see them, you'll understand why I think it's such a big deal. Her routines look exactly like the kinds of things we see the pros doing on DWTS.
    I know I'm becoming a broken record, but this really bothers me.

I am not sure why so many people dislike Aaron. I see him as a lost kid. He had to take on adult problems too soon because the parents tossed him into show business. I think he is emotionally stunted and the drugs have alot to do with it. This is the very first season that not one contestant bugs me to the point of tossing thinks at the screen. I like most and the ones that I don't really know don't bug this season.

I think anyone with Karina tends to get a bad slant because she rubs people the wrong way.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thanks, SDL, I didn't know about that.
    Probably why Len is giving her a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3727978;
    I am not sure why so many people dislike Aaron. I see him as a lost kid. He had to take on adult problems too soon because the parents tossed him into show business. I think he is emotionally stunted and the drugs have alot to do with it. This is the very first season that not one contestant bugs me to the point of tossing thinks at the screen. I like most and the ones that I don't really know don't bug this season.
    Not to sound harsh, but if he's that emotionally troubled, maybe the best way to deal with it is not to go on a network TV dance contest, with grueling rehearsals and the need to smile, wave and be gracious at all times.

He has to live with whatever reasons he had for coming on the show, and if he really can't deal with the pressure, he should quit. Otherwise, I'm not going to look at him any differently than any other celebrity. He's on the show, which makes him open season.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3728015;
    Not to sound harsh, but if he's that emotionally troubled, maybe the best way to deal with it is not to go on a network TV dance contest, with grueling rehearsals and the need to smile, wave and be gracious at all times.

He has to live with whatever reasons he had for coming on the show, and if he really can't deal with the pressure, he should quit. Otherwise, I'm not going to look at him any differently than any other celebrity. He's on the show, which makes him open season.
    Just maybe he really doesn't know any better. I have no doubt some agent told him this would be good for his career to jump start it again. I didn't say it was a wise thing to do. I just really don't get what he has done to anyone besides be young and stupid.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread