+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 10/5 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/5 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

TD, I don't know anything about his political career, past, never heard of the man until DWTS. I hope he does leave not because he was the worst dancer last night but because he is injured.

FORT Fanatic

Thanks, Andie. I see what you're saying. Too bad Michael didn't get Cheryl as a partner. I'm sure Emmitt told him to try to!
    I think this season really magnifies how good Cheryl is as a teacher. She's got arguably the most polarizing "celebrity" ever on the show, and as Len has commented about her choreography in the past, she knows how to "pitch it just right" That woman needs a raise. It's not about her and how flashy she can be, nor is it about her dancing around the celebrity, it's about giving the celebrity enough basic work and content to be credible and enough "fun" for it to be actually not bad in the entertainment department. Believe me, I want to hate Delay for all of his transgressions, but I can't. But I don't want to see him continue to dance in agony. How on god's green earth can it be "fun" anymore? I know he's pushing himself so he can dance that damn Texas Two-Step with Cheryl, and I guess he's gonna have a big ol Texas BBQ afterwords.

I'm disappointed. This is usually one of my favorite shows and this season is just kind of dull all the way around.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

I hope Tom remains in the competition because he is not the worst dancer. I would like to see Michael or Debi be eliminated tonight.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3720020;
    Hopefully Michael's charisma will carry him a little farther! And Bloomers, I never watched when Jerry Rice was on but heard people say his dancing wasn't that great but all the football fans were voting for him anyway. I thought Emmitt was great. How do you feel Jerry Rice compared to Emmitt in terms of dance ability?
    Emmitt was a much better dancer than Jerry Rice, and also a more appealing personality. Warren Sapp was a charmer, amazingly light-footed for his size, who knew his limitations.

Oh, how I wish they had given Mark D to Cheryl, or Anna T!
    Last edited by boxhill; 10-06-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3720108;
    I think this season really magnifies how good Cheryl is as a teacher. She's got arguably the most polarizing "celebrity" ever on the show...
    I think that I'm going to have to disagree with this as I think back on last season's various threads .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;3720125;
    Emmitt was a much better dancer than Jerry Rice, and also a more appealing personality.
    Thanks, boxhill. That's what I heard people say even though I missed Jerry Rice and Bloomers agrees too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3720146;
    I think that I'm going to have to disagree with this as I think back on last season's various threads .
    Rattus, I didn't watch last season that closely or check the DWTS threads much.

Who where the polarizing figures -- could you jog my memory? I'm really curious.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3720146;
    Man, Rattus, you are so right. This season is a love fest by comparison. A rather boring apathetic one, but a love fest nonetheless.

FORT Fanatic

Why? He's polarizing for reasons outside of dancing. That's a lot of baggage for Cheryl to deal with, especially because she now deals with something very different than an ability to dance. She's very liberal, and more importantly those who support her are at the far left of the spectrum. The woman has had I'm sure a lot of sleepless nights trying to 'pitch the choreography' in the most palatable way possible.

She couldn't sleep worrying about Gilles dances. This must be far more challenging.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3720153;

Rattus, I didn't watch last season that closely or check the DWTS threads much.

Who where the polarizing figures -- could you jog my memory? I'm really curious.
    Rattus can speak for herself but I assumed she was talking about Melissa Rycroft from TB - who probably holds the record for most penalty points assessed and most threads closed in the history of FORT.

+ Reply to Thread