+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 10/5 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/5 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3719725;
    True, she alsolutely does give those guys a harder time. If she likes you, she will totally overlook lifts, mistakes or anything else. CA is a total fraud. By the way, Len was an a** tonight.

I'm been watching the older shows for the past week or so and they gave 9 & 10's back then that they would give 7 & 8's for today.

I'm also tired of CA telling some of the stars they look "scared". DUH!!! Of course, most of them are scared to death. CA, that's normal. They are not professional dancers and they have a right to be scared.
    I think I'm over Mya/Dmitry, or rather, CA and Bruno's love affair and Mya's ringerness. Seriously, Dmitry may have gotten the short end of the stick last season with Holly. But CA seems to have a love obsession with the younger pros, especially those that are into the gimmicks, tricks, non traditional ballroom, make things splashy. I'm sure she'd love to see this show do less ballroom, more hip hop style dances. Derek, Mark, and Dmitry are the judges pets, and so are their partners. Derek swinging from a rope at the beginning of his samba? Joanna standing there while he danced around her? Len would have been red in the face if another pro did that. And then calling Mya out for her lift but saying she was too into it she couldn't really tell-just like she told Shawn last season she had a lift, but it was part of the routine. Does CA ever think people are tired of her and her lifts obsession? Why does she even need to call it out? She already did to Kelly, so if I were Louis, I'd have a few words with her.

Aaron's dance was beyond strange, and I do think he and Karina have something going on. Karina seems more smug and cocky than usual. Something about their eye contact at the very end looked a little too lovey. I'm sure Aaron thinks he's driving Maks crazy. At least Maks has a heart, and I think he's realizing he didn't lose much. Those 2 together...just And I know it's a coincidence, but that song was kind of telling. An 8 was crazy for that dance. Alec/Natalie were the highlight. They better not blackball Natalie because they don't want another Olympian doing well, and because Alec isn't named Dmitry/Derek/Mark.

They need to just let Paula sit there and clap in the audience. I don't care to hear what she has to say.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-05-2009 at 11:59 PM.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3719730;
    When Maks used to wear his hair longer, he slicked it back just like Louie did tonight. Maybe Louie did take Maks' advice.
    I don't know, and it may just be me, but I don't think it looks quite the same on Louie as it did on Maks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary;3719640;
    Mya & Demitry 27
    Natalie & Alec 26
    Joanna & Derek 25
    Donny & Kym 21
    Aaron & Karina 21
    Louie & Chelsie 20
    Kelly & Louis 20
    Melissa & Mark 19
    Mark & Lacey 18
    Chuck & Anna 17
    Debi & Maks 17
    Tom & Cheryl 15
    Michael & Anna 14
    Joanna & Derek 23

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3719735;
    Yea, Len gave him and Chelsie a 5, which was ridiculous. They got an 8 from CA and a 7 from Bruno = 20. If Len is going to act like he did tonight, no more days off for him.
    Len went low because it wasn't a great Rumba from Louie, it was great dancing from Chelsie. If the other two would stop falling all over themselves then Len wouldn't need to lowball.
    I was disappointed in Krupa getting such praise, because her dancing wasn't grounded.

First of all, I'm tired of the singers murdering perfectly good songs. The band is great, the vocalist........not so much. Replace them. I can do better than they do. I know because I can totally rock the hair brush mic....

Loved Karina's outfit, hated Aarons. Anyone else notice his voice? It's so high. I don't think he's gone through puberty yet. If Karina is sleeping with him, that's just gross. To go from a stud like Maks to a pimply rugrat ...well, it defies words.

I love Debi but she has zero confidence in herself. She seems so unsure. I think if she could just let go, she would be a much better dancer.

Love Louie. The kid is adorable. Chelsea is a self proclaimed tomboy, so Louie seems her type. Either way, they are cute together.

Cheryl looked beautiful tonight. That hairstyle really suites her. Plus, I loved her democrat dress... I got a chuckle when I caught the donkey.

Kelly....she has surprised me. There is room for improvement, but I honestly thought she'd be a train wreck. She's actually pretty decent. I hope she sticks around long enough to really get into the groove. And I agree with whoever said that her partner is fantastic. He's very patient and a good teacher. Some of the other pro's should take notes.

Poor Anna T. She always gets the short end of the stick. I'd love to see her get someone she can win with. I just adore her.

The other Anna...this is only MHO, but she's not very good. She's beautiful but she's not DWTS Pro material. I'd rather they just pick up another SYTYCD castoff. They seem to do really well on this show.

I'm over the judges. Bruno is over the top, Len should have had a starring role in Grumpy Old Men and Carrie Ann plays favorites and she's way too overt about it. At least try to mask it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3719600;
    Cheryl looks adorable tonight... Republican outfit and all. Love her hair... hope she keeps it.

Tom is an idiot. Doctors and producers tell him to pull out.. he's determined to go on with two stress fractures. Hopefully he doesn't injure Cheryl this week.. hopefully she was smart enough to not design a routine that has another dip.
    Tom got used to being in the spotlight while in Congress for so many years.

Then he had to resign and he's been out of the spotlight.

But now...now..he's back in it!!!

I expect him to crawl to rehearsals and the show if he has to in order to keep the spotlight on him.

What are a few foot fractures when he gets to see that bright light shining on him again?

I laughed at the Donny/Bruno affair, enjoyed both Mya's and Natalie's dances. While Len was stingy, it's still early in the competition and I agree with the placings for tonight. At least there are two people I want to see next week.

FORT Fogey

Can someone help me with this?

Does anyone know the name of the Spanish song that Derek and Joanna danced to?

I'm studying Spanish and I'd like to look at the lyrics to see if I really did understand what the song says.

Thanks for any info.

ETA--my faves tonight--Louie, Kelly O, Natalie, and Donny. Please don't ask me to choose among them!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3719769;
    First of all, I'm tired of the singers murdering perfectly good songs. The band is great, the vocalist........not so much. Replace them. I can do better than they do. I know because I can totally rock the hair brush mic....

Loved Karina's outfit, hated Aarons. Anyone else notice his voice? It's so high. I don't think he's gone through puberty yet. If Karina is sleeping with him, that's just gross. To go from a stud like Maks to a pimply rugrat ...well, it defies words.

I love Debi but she has zero confidence in herself. She seems so unsure. I think if she could just let go, she would be a much better dancer.

Love Louie. The kid is adorable. Chelsea is a self proclaimed tomboy, so Louie seems her type. Either way, they are cute together.

Cheryl looked beautiful tonight. That hairstyle really suites her. Plus, I loved her democrat dress... I got a chuckle when I caught the donkey.

Kelly....she has surprised me. There is room for improvement, but I honestly thought she'd be a train wreck. She's actually pretty decent. I hope she sticks around long enough to really get into the groove. And I agree with whoever said that her partner is fantastic. He's very patient and a good teacher. Some of the other pro's should take notes.

Poor Anna T. She always gets the short end of the stick. I'd love to see her get someone she can win with. I just adore her.

The other Anna...this is only MHO, but she's not very good. She's beautiful but she's not DWTS Pro material. I'd rather they just pick up another SYTYCD castoff. They seem to do really well on this show.

I'm over the judges. Bruno is over the top, Len should have had a starring role in Grumpy Old Men and Carrie Ann plays favorites and she's way too overt about it. At least try to mask it.
    I'd rather not see them bring anymore cast offs from SYTYCD. Pretty soon we'll have more pros from that show than our own originals! Besides, it's like taking the permanant place of a pro. Anna T., Louis, and Alec aren't on every season. Jonathan would probably get the boot in a heartbeat over younger blood. SCD caused a controversy when they booted the older female judge for a younger former winner of the show and sacked its oldest female pro and brought on 3 younger 20 something girls. There's other pros I'd rather see return, and even some of the ones from last year's pro contest (Alec's brother Genya and Ashly DelGrosso's sister Afton for starters; and though I think he still professionally competes, I'm definitely game for Maks brother joining the cast ).

I agree with most of your comments, though. Even though Chelsie may be a devout LDS and Louie a free spirited, potentially partying snowboarder, I still think they could have something going on. At the very least, they have great chemistry and probably forged a lifelong friendship. Debi/Maks seemed different this week. Maks seemed much more like his old self. I think he had a lot of faith in their samba, so I hope he wasn't disappointed. But even after, he still seemed like his old self. Maybe he's finally over Karina or getting over the break up. Natalie had a break through dance to put her on the radar, and I think that's all that Debi needs. Watching their dance again, I think it's there, and I think the judges know it. She just needs to let loose and let her personality shine through and not worry so much about messing up. I don't know if Aaron/Karina are dating but I wouldn't be surprised. For a kid so little and puny he certainly still carried the smirk of a guy who thinks America is going to get him the trophy and that he and Karina will live happily ever after and he'll become a huge star. Maks can definitely do better. I don't know if Len would be so grumpy and low scoring if the other two didn't overscore and overpraise, but thank god he's on the panel. I wish CA would take a vacation.

Premium Member

^Send Carrie Ann on a permanent vacation and bring Baz Luhrman back.

+ Reply to Thread