+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 Results Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 9/29 Results Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3714552;
    I think those new dances are going to be a disaster. I read Tom knows the country two step called pretty well (basically isn't it line dancing?) I think there's different factors why he's still around, though I do believe he's likely near the bottom of the pack. And they're doing the Charleston (?!), Lambada, and Bolero. Considering none of the pros knows these dances, I think for the most part the couples will tank and get a beating from the judges, which I think is unfair, considering. If they're going to add dances, can't they add something less silly? I get they're real dances, but why dances that are going to make the bad dancers suck even worse?

I was wondering how that worked out. I'd like as many sources as possible, obviously the more accurate the better At least I can watch the results show with ease rather than panic knowing my favorite may be a goner, or dance in glee if it predicts Joanna, Aaron, or Melissa as going. From both Dial Idol and Vote #1, Louie looked to be in somewhat good shape. The way they did the eliminations tonight, going group by group (kind of stupid, imo), I guess they had to put someone else in the fake bottom 3. But I don't believe it was Louie.
    I hate the new dances ...HATE them... and where did the Argentine Tango go?? come on, that dance is Money. Really it's the only one worthy of staying power, and the Jitterbug/Swing was pretty entertaining when the Houghs tackled it in season 7. Just not a big fan of the Lindy on this show.

I figure Louie was just a plant. Tom only said Bottom 2.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Aaron/Karina are dancing the rumba next week, and Debi/Maks are doing the samba.

I hate the new dances ...HATE them... and where did the Argentine Tango go?? come on, that dance is Money. Really it's the only one worthy of staying power, and the Jitterbug/Swing was pretty entertaining when the Houghs tackled it in season 7. Just not a big fan of the Lindy on this show.

I figure Louie was just a plant. Tom only said Bottom 2.
    It's reasons like that I'm glad he reveals the real bottom 2. Because a lot of people would never think Debi was that close to going home, so they may not think she needs votes to be kept in the competition, thinking she has enough. I really hope they didn't ditch the Argentine Tango, and that it's just later in the season. That's probably my most favorite dance ever, and one of the best additions they've ever had. SCD has both the AT and Tango and VW and Waltz on its version, so hopefully DWTS does the same. I wish they'd add American Smooth. Not only is Jonathan a pro at that, and it's a real ballroom dance that the others will have experience in and not look like complete fools, but it allows lifts. Nothing like a dance with legal lifts, like the AT, to keep Sgt. Inaba in line. I liked the jitterbug, but thought the hustle was stupid to add. I had wanted to see the salsa added for a long time, but now that it's here, I miss the mambo I wouldn't have minded the swing, except I think they added it just for Lacey, then apparently the judges didn't know what they heck they were looking for and Lacey got blasted for doing the dance right when they thought she was wrong, and that was the week Toni/Alec got eliminated. Season 7, the nightmare the never ends. If they were going to ditch a dance, I wish rumba would go. To me, that's the most boring, pointless dance ever. The only two that I can ever recall liking were Emmitt/Cheryl's and Apolo/Julianne's. I don't really mind the lindy, but I would prefer they picked either jive, lindy hop, or jitterbug and stuck with it, and not have two of those on the same season. LH and JB are so much more energetic, but Len said he'd never give a JB a 10. So I can live with the jive. I think they would bring back the mambo, AT, add the AS, and stick with their other dances, and be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3714562;
    It's reasons like that I'm glad he reveals the real bottom 2. Because a lot of people would never think Debi was that close to going home, so they may not think she needs votes to be kept in the competition, thinking she has enough.
    Apparently! Last week I voted in droves for Debi, and this week I didn't bother. I guess there are a lot of people like me.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

No offense meant to Tony and/or Kathy fans--but Tony got what he deserved fgor his incredibly stodgy dance routines.

His routines are always waaay too slow and without much content.

I did really like Kathy as a person and I hope she keeps allowing herself to try new things. That takes guts and it's obvious she's got 'em.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3714564;
    Apparently! Last week I voted in droves for Debi, and this week I didn't bother. I guess there are a lot of people like me.
    I'm the same way. I'm usually a vote splitter, and give more of my votes to the couples I think need them most and/or that are my favorites. In season 5 I had a few people I was voting for, but once Mel/Maks landed in the bottom 2, I voted for them until the end. Problem is this season, I have a lot of favorites and too many couples I'm worried about. With Vote #1 Natalie doesn't rank very high, Kelly doesn't show up very well on Dial Idol, Mark is in the middle, and now there's Debi. Too many couples, not enough votes.

But I'm guilty as well, I didn't vote for Debi this week at all, thinking she probably had nothing to worry about. After 9 seasons you'd think I'd learn by now!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3714412;
    Omg who in the Blue Heck is keeping Tom Delay around? Cloris Leachman maybe?
    It would be more like "Red Heck" (as in "Red States").

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3714515;
    Thank you for your post! I remember you from last season, and loved your input.

Who was the 2nd worst, amongst your peer voting?
    Didn't really want to ID that person, to avoid the hate mail, but what the heck -- Michael Irvin. It was a consensus opinion, not unanimous.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3714454;
    Right before the new season started. Apparently they broke up on Labor Day weekend. Maks is still heart broken, or so I've read. There haven't been a lot of details as to why, though most say Maks dumped her. Reasons given were she was too high maintenance and he realized he couldn't deal with it, they spent too much time together and realized they wanted different things and weren't on the same page with their life's goals (Maks seemed ready to get married and have kids that second), and some say Karina being in love with the spotlight was what broke it.
    I really don't blame Karina for not going through with the marriage if she wasn't ready to immediate do what Maks wanted ie have kids right away, be settled. As a woman, she only has a few years to enjoy life at this level. Maks can go on for much longer and not look out of place or be criticized or called names like "cougar".. It's much easier for a man to be in the limelight even for all of his life than for a woman. I say kudos to Karina for recognizing this and not going through with something that she knows would make her unhappy. She is already looking older than some of the new young ones and our society is very unkind to older women. It's changed some but it will sadly always be that way. Go Karina, enjoy your life to the fullest.

I just saw Kathy Ireland on GMA, what a sweet person she is. She was donating all of her earnings from her time on the show to charity. She is very gracious and such a good sport giving Tony all of the credit for her doing as well as she did. Tony was very sweet and kind also. Beautiful inside and out both of them.

FORT Fogey

Tobi--thanks so much for that info about Kathy! For me that jsut proves that my first impression of ehr was right.

I'm sorry we're losing such a kind and gracious person from our tv screens.

But of course "kind and gracious" does not win anyone the mirror-ball trophy.

+ Reply to Thread