+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/23 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;3710272;
    The most entertaining thing about the elimination show was the Lion King, watching Sean Kingston bored me to tears, he is horrible, voice with little ability to carry a tune. Edyta and Alec are two of my favorite dancers so sorry to see Edyta leave. Seems she always draws the worst partner. I miss Julianne always love watching her dance but she had started developing an attitude. I like all the pros actually but some do develop attitudes. Guess it depends on who they draw for a partner. It would be interesting to see what criteria the show uses to partner the pros. Whatever it is, it's definitely not fair for the same pro to keep drawing bad partners, Tony is another one of my favorites and he always draws one of the worst dancers.

The judge's irritate me by showing favoritism to certain celebrities that are not all that good. This year they are really pumping Kelly Osbourne, for some reason. She is ok but not all that great some of the other dancers are far better and deserved better comments. The Osbournes must have a lot of pull with ABC, and so does the Osmonds as far as that goes. This type of behavior by a show tends to make me change channels. However, the Lion King was worth watching the whole thing.

I have always loved DWTS but it's starting to get old with same old same old pushing certain celebrities. I have always enjoyed watching the worst celebrity dancers (that really try) improve as the show goes on. When they come out of the gate dancing like a pro (nice to watch) but kinda spoils it for me I want to see how they improve as the show goes on.
    I think the deal with the both the judges and fans alike is that almost no one - including mom and dad it seems - expected Kelly to pull that off or to do that well. The comments on here were that she was one to "clump around" when she walked, so people never expected her to be able to dance as gracefully as she did. When she far exceeded expectations, the comments from both the judges and the fans flowed.

Derek is a fantastic choreographer, but he has had his turn. I would have preferred seeing Derek draw one of the weaker dancers instead of one - if not the strongest - dancers.

Not at all surprised to see Macy or Ashley leaving. I wish Tom had gone instead of Ashley, but people will keep Tom in for the curiosity factor, if nothing else.
    The Lion King performance was simply amazing. It's probably one of my alltime favorite Broadway shows. When the animals come into the audience, it's just incredible.
    I can't watch Miley and agree with others that it seemed senseless to put her on this sow.
    I am already missing Jonathan and Edyta. Please, ABC, can you switch out Lacey with Edyta in the future?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3710292;
    Thanks for the info. It's always frustrating when I think I've "got it", only to find out "nope".

Based on my time zone, the show would have been over for 1/2 hour on the West coast (thus my post), unless they aired it in a different timeslot.
    No special time slot. The show airs from 8-9 pm, which means the threads get unlocked at midnight Eastern. If we unlocked the threads at 11 pm Eastern, they'd be open just in time for the show to start on the West coast.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3710397;
    Not at all surprised to see Macy or Ashley leaving. I wish Tom had gone instead of Ashley, but people will keep Tom in for the curiosity factor, if nothing else.
    The Lion King performance was simply amazing. It's probably one of my alltime favorite Broadway shows. When the animals come into the audience, it's just incredible.
    I can't watch Miley and agree with others that it seemed senseless to put her on this sow.
    I am already missing Jonathan and Edyta. Please, ABC, can you switch out Lacey with Edyta in the future?

The Lion King performance was enchanting. Those costumes were incredible, and I was as excited as one of the kids in the audience. The whole performance reminded me again of why I love musical theatre.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3710430;
    The Lion King performance was enchanting. Those costumes were incredible, and I was as excited as one of the kids in the audience. The whole performance reminded me again of why I love musical theatre.
    Bloomers--hi. The designer for that show--whose name I am blanking on--and whose idea the show was originally--has won numerous awards for her designs.

I find her highly imaginative and evocative animal designs to be an inspiration for just how much can be done with creative thought.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3710397;
    Please, ABC, can you switch out Lacey with Edyta in the future?
    Oh please, please!!! I do NOT like Lacey at all. I don't like her choreography...

They don't call the name in any particular order I thought?

FORT Fanatic

I was pleasantly surprised that Macy was eliminated. I thought viewers might keep her around. She is one strange duck. She didn't seem to have her heart in it at all. I'm not sure why she would sign up just because her mom thought she should.

Does anyone know if future double eliminations will be one male and one female like this week or will it just be the two weakest dancers?

FORT Fogey

According to the entertainment news shows last night macy disappeared right after the show --she didn't even do any of the in-house interviews that are done right after the show.

And she never showed up for Jimmy Kimmel's show though her partner and Ashley an his partner did.

I suspect that puts her in breach of contract. I wonder if she is going to have to pay a penalty for that.

Or it the show is just going to be grateful that she is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3711069;
    According to the entertainment news shows last night macy disappeared right after the show --she didn't even do any of the in-house interviews that are done right after the show.

And she never showed up for Jimmy Kimmel's show though her partner and Ashley an his partner did.

I suspect that puts her in breach of contract. I wonder if she is going to have to pay a penalty for that.

Or it the show is just going to be grateful that she is long gone.
    Will be interesting to see if she shows up for the finale - isn't that also a part of the contract (only asking because I seem to remember that being a big question last year after DAG's elimination and subsequent rant in interviews)?

+ Reply to Thread