+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3708970;
    I'mm surprised that I actually enjoyed Macy, but she needs to stop letting her mouth hang open for the whole dance. I thought Natalie had a good dance too, but still not so much as some first week performers on past seasons--I'm waiting for someone to make me say WOW!
    I was astounded to find myself really liking her a lot.

I think she has what people call charisma--but the real thing--the ability to get affection and attention regardless of the situation.

Trust me--I am stunned to find myself having typed that.....

I do think from a dance point of view that with a male partner closer to her own size and proportions she would not look as ungainly as she does when just standing next to Jonathon--who as atractive as he is--has very "feminine" features. While she has very large almost "masculine-sized" featues.

What a physical mismatch!

Using my own criterion--if/how much I smile while watcing a dance--I found myself grinning like the proverbial idiot during her entire dance.

Go figure.....some things are just mysterious. That's what makes the entertainment biz so interesting.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3709248;
    Well, it's Louie Vito. My kids have been involved in snowboarding for many years and my son got the chance to ride with him in Vermont last year. He is definitely a character among characters in this sport. Snowboarding has been part of the Olympics since 1998. Youtube his name with Jeep King of the Mountain

As for tonight.....Go Kelly! She was beaming and I'm so glad to see her look so happy!
    Update on Louie the Boarder, gathered from the web and a quick note to someone on the West Coast who is familiar with this sort of thing:
    * He is a successful professional snowboarder, although he hasn't been on the circuit that long
    * Impressive highlights on youtube
    * Great athleticism and balance (for DWTS)
    * He is 5'5" and 150 lbs
    * He is quite the ladies man
    * A fan favorite because of his funny, quirky personality
    * Makes a lot of money from endorsements
    * Loves publicity
    * Looking to break into the entertainment business
    I think the last one, or maybe last five, explains why he is on DWTS when the professional snowboarding season is about to begin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3709109;
    Kelly is definitely surprising me!! I am loving her !

Me too.

And what is so sweet is how much she is surprising herself.

She is defintely an inspiration for people thinking about trying something they never thought they could do.

I missed what scores she got--can someone tell me that? I did hear her say she was surprised that her scores made her cry.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3709265;
    Thanks for the info. I will definitely check out Louie Vito - who if he doesn't make the Olympics sounds like he's eligible for the Mafia based on his name!
    I hope "Louie the Board" or whatever they call him in the mob isn't training for the Olympics in Vermont, a beautiful place to ski if you are afraid of heights.
    Just kidding!! Seriously, I'm going to look him up on youtube. Thanks so much.

SDL--hi. Good to see you here. You know I always love reading your pssts.

About Louie Vito--I posted a link to an article about him in the thread here with his name on it. I think you might find him an interesting "maverick."

As for Tom DeLay--I've been thinking and I can't come up with another alleged indicted felon they've had on DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3709099;
    You know..... Macy Gray would make a perfect Lula if they ever make a movie out of the Stephanie Plum novels.
    Her voice is too feminine and soft. I always "heard" Lula's voice as more New Yorkish and harder in my mind. Although looks wise and with gaining about 50 or so pounds she would be a great choice. Lula is described as plus sized but likes to dress in spandex. I love that series of novels, they really need to make them into movies.

Joanna.......gah....she did good and that makes me so mad. I want her GONE! If I didn't already have an opinion of her from her previous reality tv showing, I would like her from what they showed during this show. Too bad because that means a lot of viewers who know nothing about her are going to be fooled by her current act. Grrrr.

Natalie, Kelly, and Mark are my favorite at the moment.

Anybody else see LaToya Jackson sitting in the front row last night? What's up with the Jacksons populating this show? Didn't think this was exactly their "bag"....oh wait....are they doing a Patrick S and a Michael J tribute tonight then?

FORT Fogey

Harmony--Hi. I didn't start watching Superstars until after Joanna left and I didn't like her tonight.

I do like Derek though so I will bear having her around so I can watch him dance and watch his awesome choreography.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3709234;
    I However, I would like some help with my understanding of the contestants:

Donnie Osmond - had a TV show with (and the same teeth as) Marie when I was in jr. high school; like his sister, dramatizes his personal life (difficulty with panic attacks) to stay in the news while playing Branson, Mo.

Ok, so am I right that the only real stars this season (no different than any other year) are probably Michael Irvin, Chuck Liddell, maybe Donnie Osmond at one time, Kathy Ireland, and Natalie Coughlin?

I'm not trying to be negative. This stuff just interests me. I honestly would like to know.
    Thanks.
    Actually, way before even that TV show, Donny was a huge, huge star! Around 1970 or so, every 10-12 year old girl in the US probably had at least one picture of Donnie, with or without his brothers on the bedroom wall--think Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers, he was that big . He had several 'solo' hit records and with the Osmond brothers sold millions.

As for Mya, I think she could count as a legitimate star too...from Wickipedia.com

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Mýa

Associated acts Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Pink, Missy Elliott, Dru Hill, Silkk the Shocker, Sisqó
    Website www.MyaMya.com MYAMYA.COM | BEAUTY & THE STREETS VOL.1 IN STORES SEPT 29

Mýa Marie Harrison (born October 10, 1979), professionally known mononymously as Mýa, is an American R&B singer-songwriter, record producer, actress, dancer, and choreographer.

Born and raised in Washington, D.C., Harrison's eponymous debut album with Interscope Records was released in April 1998, and sold over a million copies in the United States, producing the gold-certified top ten single "It's All About Me" featuring Sisqo.[1]Her second studio album, platinum-selling Fear of Flying, was released in 2000 and became a success stateside and worldwide, with lead single "Case of the Ex" becoming Mýa's breakthrough hit, reaching number-one on the Australian Singles Chart.[1] A year after, Harrison won her first Grammy Award for the worldwide number-one hit "Lady Marmalade," a cover version she recorded alongside Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, and Pink for the soundtrack of the film Moulin Rouge! (2001).[1] The singer's third album Moodring was released in July 2003 stateside and eventually certified gold by the RIAA.[1] Following several label changes, Mýa's often-delayed fourth studio album, Liberation (2007), received a download-release in Japan only and led to her 2008 Japan-exclusive album Sugar & Spice.[2]

Having expanded her career to acting and product endorsement deals, Harrison has been engaged in product endorsement deals with brands such as Coca-Cola, Iceberg, Tommy Hilfiger, and Motorola and has appeared in films such as Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (2004), Shall We Dance? (2004) and Cursed (2005). In 2002, she had a supporting role in the film adaptation of the 1975 Broadway musical Chicago, for which she won a Screen Actors Guild Award.[3]
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3709289;
    Anybody else see LaToya Jackson sitting in the front row last night? What's up with the Jacksons populating this show? Didn't think this was exactly their "bag"....oh wait....are they doing a Patrick S and a Michael J tribute tonight then?
    All I heard was Tom mentioning a Patrick Swayze tribute. My first thought was "what about Michael Jackson?". It will be a crime if they don't do a Michael Jackson tribute, because I consider him to be one of the greatest dancers ever. Although I think it's great that they will honor Patrick.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3709295;
    All I heard was Tom mentioning a Patrick Swayze tribute. My first thought was "what about Michael Jackson?". It will be a crime if they don't do a Michael Jackson tribute, because I consider him to be one of the greatest dancers ever. Although I think it's great that they will honor Patrick.
    I thought I heard him say they were doing two tributes? I could have sworn he said something that indicated more than one. I will have to rewatch it tonight. I stayed up way past my bed time to see this live and I admit to being a bit bleary eyed while trying to stay awake lol. How I missed my fast forwarding ability for the judges/Samantha comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3709290;
    Harmony--Hi. I didn't start watching Superstars until after Joanna left and I didn't like her tonight.

I do like Derek though so I will bear having her around so I can watch him dance and watch his awesome choreography.
    I don't care for Derek. I loved him when he first showed up but I got sick of his entitled attitude and all that dang blasted hamming. Although I freely admit that he is one heck of a choreographer and Joanna is pretty dang lucky to have gotten him.

Speaking of choreographers....I'm so glad Louis VA is back! He's is by far my favorite choreographer, I love all his routines. I hope he is the one doing the tributes tonight. If so? They will be awesome.

I wonder how come DWTS was given the green light to do a MJ tribute while SYTYCD didn't get it? I would have loved to see Tyce doing something. Not positive that they are doing one tonight but it's the only reason I can think of for the multiple Jackson family sightings in the audience. UGH...does this mean we are going to be subjected to Joe Jackson tonight? UGH!

I came into this season with an early pre-favorite of Natalie. So happy to see my guess that'd she do very well hopefully seems right! I thought she did great.

I didn't watch Superstars, but Joanna rubbed me the wrong way with her squeal-jump after the relay. Understand she was excited to come in first, but still bugged me. MJH did slightly worse than I thought she would. Macy wasn't quite as horrible as I thought she'd be, but Kathy was worse than I thought (poor Tony...). Debi impressed me, and hopefully she will improve. Mya was good, but I'm never a fan of the "I've been dancing for years!" people. Hence why I also don't like people like Joey Fatone, Mario Lopez, Drew Lachey, Aaron Carter, etc. being on the show. Kelly Osbourne shocked me in a great way! She did fabulous, and I came away from the show really liking her. Never cared for her before.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3709275;
    Update on Louie the Boarder, gathered from the web and a quick note to someone on the West Coast who is familiar with this sort of thing:
    * He is a successful professional snowboarder, although he hasn't been on the circuit that long
    * Impressive highlights on youtube
    * Great athleticism and balance (for DWTS)
    * He is 5'5" and 150 lbs
    * He is quite the ladies man
    * A fan favorite because of his funny, quirky personality
    * Makes a lot of money from endorsements
    * Loves publicity
    * Looking to break into the entertainment business
    I think the last one, or maybe last five, explains why he is on DWTS when the professional snowboarding season is about to begin.
    Good to see you here, friend. I wasn't sure who he was either. Never saw him before last night. It is funny... if you squint your eyes and cover one ear, it's like Jesse from The Bachelorette is a contestant on DWTS! From a distance, they look alike. Sound alike too. I bet he's asking himself "Why didn't they hire MEEEEE?!!!!"

I'd agree with you on the women's side, although MJH was a big teen star in her day, between Clarissa Explains It All and Sabrina. I know Macy and Mya, but neither have had hits in quite a long while as far as I know. Kelly's reality-TV famous from several years ago, but not so much now.

As for the men, I know nothing about Michael or Chuck, but I assume they were big stars. Donny would be a star too, IMO. Delay is a star in the political world. My initial reaction to him being on the show was "WHAT?!!!" because I watch this show, for one thing, to get away from politics (which I love). But he did better than I thought he would! Better than Tucker Carlson was years ago. He probably went on there (at least partially) to show a different side to him, i.e. that he's not as mean/tough/etc. as many think he is. Kind of an image rehabilitation thing. Not a bad idea, really.

+ Reply to Thread