+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow. The women really impressed me. I thought they were so much better than the men last night. Donny may have some competition for the trophy after all. Besides Macy, all of them have great potential. Joanna was better than I expected. She may be around a while. Her and Derek together really grate on my nerves. Unfortunately, I caught a glimpse of her personality on Superstars and it wasn't pretty. I'm completely stunned by Kelly Osbourne. She was fantastic and I loved seeing her run over to give Ozzy a kiss. Really touching moment. She was my favorite of the night overall. Hopefully Macy will be put out of her misery and head home with Ashley tomorrow night.

FORT Fanatic

Tonight, I'm loving Mya (it has nothing to do with Dmitri being her partner, )and Kelly (good for her).

Actually enjoyed Joanna and there was something about Macy that I found utterly entertaining - like she's really enjoying this.

Really hoping Debi does well.

sdl

I am in still in the stage of trying to figure out who most of these people are, when or if they were ever really stars, and how many have criminal records, so please bear with me. I'm not an expert on pop culture, so if I don't know who someone is, it's very possible I'm just a moron. However, I would like some help with my understanding of the contestants:
    GUYS:
    Tom DeLay - former Congressman, currently under indictment for campaign finance fraud which caused him to resign in disgrace
    Ashley Hamilton - son of the tan guy who was sort of a TV or movie star 20-30 years ago; not familiar with Ashley's "body of work"
    Aaron Carter - little (literally) brother of former boy band star Nick; somehow gets hot girlfriends and appears in tabloids; almost killed by Hulk Hogan for hitting on his daughter; arrested for drug possession in Texas
    Louie somebody - a snowboarder, which I didn't even know was a recognized profession until I heard of Jesse Csinsick (sp?); nice little guy who wants to go to the Olympics in what is now apparently a sport
    Chuck Liddell - huge star in UFC where he beats people's brain in; otherwise just an aging athlete, but one I don't want to piss off, so if you're reading Chuck, see below
    Michael Irvin - was a huge football star back when the Cowboys were good; arrested with tons of cocaine and prostitutes & wore a fur coat to court
    Mark something or other - has a cooking show on cable? no known arrests
    Donnie Osmond - had a TV show with (and the same teeth as) Marie when I was in jr. high school; like his sister, dramatizes his personal life (difficulty with panic attacks) to stay in the news while playing Branson, Mo.
    WOMEN:
    Macy Gray - never heard of her so I looked her up on wiki; singer who last sold a record in 2000
    Maya - singer, I guess; without a last name, and no Cher, so she's hard to find on line
    Kelly Osbourne - daughter of brain dead singer and charming reality mom; used to be the kid with all the tattoos and bolts in her nose; haven't seen her in a while but she looks much better
    Kathy Ireland - former swimsuit model who made a fortune selling her name to cheap clothing lines
    Debi Mazar - minor character actress; played Cruella DeVille and the wife of somebody in Goodfellas
    Joanna Krupa - swimsuit model; embarrassed herself on reality show
    Natalie Coughlin - great Olympic swimmer
    Melissa Joan Hart - made for TV movie actress
    Ok, so am I right that the only real stars this season (no different than any other year) are probably Michael Irvin, Chuck Liddell, maybe Donnie Osmond at one time, Kathy Ireland, and Natalie Coughlin?
    Is Tom Delay the first criminal (among many) to appear on this show while under felony indictment?
    I'm not trying to be negative. This stuff just interests me. I honestly would like to know.
    Thanks.

Debbie & Maks:I thought she was ok but boy does she talk alot. I would go nuts if I had to spend the day with her.

Melissa J & Mark:Melissa was ok. I wasn't overly impressed. I thought it lacked passion.

Mya & Dimitry: Wow Mya was great. I think she is going far. Len has to be on drugs that was fabu!

Kathy & Tony: didn't like at all. I actually felt she was trying to remember her steps.

Natalie & Alec: I liked Natalie & Alec she has potential.

Macy & Johnathan: Wow I am at a loss for words about it. It wasn;t bad and it wasn't good.lol

Joanna & Derek:The woman that made me like TO. Apparently all Len needed was for someone to shake their marginal rearend in his face to get a good score.

Kelly& Louie Wow Kelly was marvelous and she has grown up since the osbournes show was last on.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3709234;
    Louie somebody - a snowboarder, which I didn't even know was a recognized profession until I heard of Jesse Csinsick (sp?); nice little guy who wants to go to the Olympics in what is now apparently a sport
    I'm not trying to be negative. This stuff just interests me. I honestly would like to know.
    Thanks.
    Well, it's Louie Vito. My kids have been involved in snowboarding for many years and my son got the chance to ride with him in Vermont last year. He is definitely a character among characters in this sport. Snowboarding has been part of the Olympics since 1998. Youtube his name with Jeep King of the Mountain

As for tonight.....Go Kelly! She was beaming and I'm so glad to see her look so happy!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3709234;
    I am in still in the stage of trying to figure out who most of these people are, when or if they were ever really stars, and how many have criminal records, so please bear with me. I'm not an expert on pop culture, so if I don't know who someone is, it's very possible I'm just a moron. However, I would like some help with my understanding of the contestants:
    GUYS:
    Tom DeLay - former Congressman, currently under indictment for campaign finance fraud which caused him to resign in disgrace
    Ashley Hamilton - son of the tan guy who was sort of a TV or movie star 20-30 years ago; not familiar with Ashley's "body of work"
    Aaron Carter - little (literally) brother of former boy band star Nick; somehow gets hot girlfriends and appears in tabloids; almost killed by Hulk Hogan for hitting on his daughter; arrested for drug possession in Texas
    Chuck Liddell - huge star in UFC where he beats people's brain in; otherwise just an aging athlete, but one I don't want to piss off, so if you're reading Chuck, see below
    Michael Irvin - was a huge football star back when the Cowboys were good; arrested with tons of cocaine and prostitutes & wore a fur coat to court
    Mark something or other - has a cooking show on cable? no known arrests
    Donnie Osmond - had a TV show with (and the same teeth as) Marie when I was in jr. high school; like his sister, dramatizes his personal life (difficulty with panic attacks) to stay in the news while playing Branson, Mo.
    WOMEN:
    Macy Gray - never heard of her so I looked her up on wiki; singer who last sold a record in 2000
    Maya - singer, I guess; without a last name, and no Cher, so she's hard to find on line
    Kelly Osbourne - daughter of brain dead singer and charming reality mom; used to be the kid with all the tattoos and bolts in her nose; haven't seen her in a while but she looks much better
    Kathy Ireland - former swimsuit model who made a fortune selling her name to cheap clothing lines
    Debi Mazar - minor character actress; played Cruella DeVille and the wife of somebody in Goodfellas
    Joanna Krupa - swimsuit model; embarrassed herself on reality show
    Natalie Coughlin - great Olympic swimmer
    Melissa Joan Hart - made for TV movie actress
    Ok, so am I right that the only real stars this season (no different than any other year) are probably Michael Irvin, Chuck Liddell, maybe Donnie Osmond at one time, Kathy Ireland, and Natalie Coughlin?
    Is Tom Delay the first criminal (among many) to appear on this show while under felony indictment?
    Thanks.
    Oh, so funny...thanks for the laugh. Unfortuately, this is a sad commentary of how we define "celebrity".

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3708989;
    Yup that is what I saw when I read her lips.
    You guys have a good imagination!

The comment she made had to do with a cherry-related phrase having to do with losing one's virginity. As someone said earlier, that's why Tom made the comment about Macy having a jubilee after the show.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3709191;
    If by substance problem you mean anything fried or caked in sugar, then yeah.... I always pictured Queen Latifah as Lula...

Anyhoo....I was really surprised with Kelly's performances. I've always liked her anyway, so I'm really happy she did so well. I liked Mya, too. Everyone else can leave. Of the girls, anyway. I really liked the snowboarder last night.
    lol lets not forget her addiction to bacon. I don't see Macy Gray as Lula. Lula has a personality and love for cluck in a bucket. Macy is just odd.

I believe Macy mentioned getting her cherry popped on National tv.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3709099;
    You know..... Macy Gray would make a perfect Lula if they ever make a movie out of the Stephanie Plum novels.
    LOL. She's big in the wrong direction, but I would still vote for her in the role. (Although I'm guessing Queen Latifah could rock it better, like someone said above.)

And, yes, MissDiva, that's exactly what she said. I just wasn't sure whether or not it was OK to write it here.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 09-23-2009 at 01:24 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3709248;
    Well, it's Louie Vito. My kids have been involved in snowboarding for many years and my son got the chance to ride with him in Vermont last year. He is definitely a character among characters in this sport. Snowboarding has been part of the Olympics since 1998. Youtube his name with Jeep King of the Mountain

As for tonight.....Go Kelly! She was beaming and I'm so glad to see her look so happy!
    Thanks for the info. I will definitely check out Louie Vito - who if he doesn't make the Olympics sounds like he's eligible for the Mafia based on his name!
    I hope "Louie the Board" or whatever they call him in the mob isn't training for the Olympics in Vermont, a beautiful place to ski if you are afraid of heights.
    Just kidding!! Seriously, I'm going to look him up on youtube. Thanks so much.

+ Reply to Thread